KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » hulk vs monica rambeau--how can hulk win?

hulk vs monica rambeau--how can hulk win?
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He was weakened but he was also able to take on the Avengers at his state as well. Weakened yes, but still operating ar insane levels.

Erm...no.

Magic is gone:
(please log in to view the image)

Strange is reduced to finding scraps here and there:

And even then, they're crappy scraps:

He's a far, FAR cry from his previous levels.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 08:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

still not seeing how he forcibly absorbs her though. that feat wasn't the same thing as absorbing her. and like i said, we've seen x-ray of the u-foes cause hulk all kinds of issues.

He's drained Rulk:

Mind you, Monica can output solar energy, so....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Erm...no.

Magic is gone:

Strange is reduced to finding scraps here and there:

And even then, they're crappy scraps:

He's a far, FAR cry from his previous levels.

Dont think you read my post. I admitted he was weakened but I said he was still extremely powerful... to the point where he was capable of fighting the Avengers solo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Sony think you read my post. I admitted he was weakened but I said he was still extremely powerful... to the point where he was capable of fighting the Avengers solo.

My point is, it's complete PIS that he can fight the Avengers solo, based on his entire run where it's shown time and time again that he is weakened to the point that being able to see in the dark and float for 30 seconds is a major victory for him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:07 PM
carver9

thumb up

still not seeing how he forcibly absorbs her though. that feat wasn't the same thing as absorbing her. and like i said, we've seen x-ray of the u-foes cause hulk all kinds of issues.

How is she beating him? Share your thoughts.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

My point is, it's complete PIS that he can fight the Avengers solo, based on his entire run where it's shown time and time again that he is weakened to the point that being able to see in the dark and float for 30 seconds is a major victory for him.

What about stopping time on an entire planet before it exploded (World Breaker Hulk) while putting him and Banner in astral form (removing banner clean from Hulks body). Let's not look directly at his lows. Looking at everything as a whole, he is a monster.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:09 PM
DarkSaint85

What about stopping time on an entire planet before it exploded (World Breaker Hulk) while putting him and Banner in astral form (removing banner clean from Hulks body). Let's not look directly at his lows. Looking at everything as a whole, he is a monster.

thumb up my timeline was messed up.

Where is Strange in your scans, btw?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:13 PM
StyleTime

Monica has already phased through Hulk once before, so there is evidence she could render herself immune to his physical attacks. She actually would have reverted him back to Banner here, but extenuating circumstances stopped that.
https://postimg.cc/gwYBq9pd
https://postimg.cc/kVfYTjMS

She's also jumped inside She-Hulk as gamma energy, although she did it to power Jennifer up.

https://postimg.cc/LY5Cwzhb
https://postimg.cc/9r7Sct13

If she had the ability to solo Hulk, they just would've brought her.

Not necessarily true. Comics often ignore easy routes to victory for the "sake" of story. I put that in quotes because a good writer shouldn't have to rely on a character just standing in the background to avoid addressing the obvious ace-in-the-hole. If you're going to make a team lose, there should be a plausible reason why it happened. That's part of what made Uncanny X-Force(under Remender) so great. Wolverine and Deadpool never had their healing factors neutered. Fantomex and Psylocke didn't stand around like idiots when a misdirect or tp assault would work. AoA Kurt would port your face off. Whenever they got countered, it was always a very plausible reason, like Dark Beast's tech.

None of their defeats ever ended with you going "Wait, why didn't so-and-so try doing this? Why did they just stand around?" You could feel their desperation because they were trying their hardest and failing, believably.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 13th, 2019 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm not sure she CAN beat him 100%, but i was more interested in HIM beating her. she should be able to drain off huge amounts of his energy, energy she could use to amp herself and i know she would be immune to nearly anything he could do. not to mention light speed.... i suppose she could hit him with planet-destroying force as well. turning into an uber laser and burning through his eyes and brain may be enough to get her a forum win too, or trying what she tried against thanos.

she would need to be a bit exotic or go 100% all out, but she has options here. all he has is a 'maybe' he could actively absorb her? thought there would be more for him. the absorption seems unlikely to me based on his old enemy x-ray never having had that done to him in any of their several meetings. x-ray was also able to command a type of energy in one meeting that totally turned him back to banner. i guess this could be a stalemate, but i'm leaning towards monica for a majority still. people need to be more creative.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:42 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

In all fairness, Monica is a very hard character to argue against anyway. Every little tactic from a physical being or energy blasts has a counter from her showings.

Also, Hulk just punches her. Clean out.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:44 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

i'm not sure she CAN beat him 100%, but i was more interested in HIM beating her. she should be able to drain off huge amounts of his energy, energy she could use to amp herself and i know she would be immune to nearly anything he could do. not to mention light speed.... i suppose she could hit him with planet-destroying force as well. turning into an uber laser and burning through his eyes and brain may be enough to get her a forum win too, or trying what she tried against thanos.

she would need to be a bit exotic or go 100% all out, but she has options here. all he has is a 'maybe' he could actively absorb her? thought there would be more for him. the absorption seems unlikely to me based on his old enemy x-ray never having had that done to him in any of their several meetings. x-ray was also able to command a type of energy in one meeting that totally turned him back to banner. i guess this could be a stalemate, but i'm leaning towards monica for a majority still. people need to be more creative.

Immortal Hulk is also weak to UV rads, so.....I think she can beat him 100%, lol.

But Hulk can grab energy, as seen with Sentry:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...a-wwh05-020.jpg

So he could grab Monica as she flies past, and punch her to death. Or t-clap?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:47 PM
carver9

thumb up my timeline was messed up.

Where is Strange in your scans, btw?

5th panel...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/40...164820.jpg.html

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:49 PM
carver9

He will heal past everything you said. Hulk was active while his body was in pieces as if it was nothing and reformed as soon as he felt the diar to do it. Rogue tried absorbing Hulk and it did nothing. An amped Creel tried it as well. Hulk was still fighting. I doubt these options are the deciding factor for her to win. We know Hulk can absorb energy now. I feel confident she gets absorbed here.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:54 PM
DarkSaint85

5th panel...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/40...164820.jpg.html

thumb up

Tbf, though, your argument is like me saying Invisible Woman is > Avengers (including Worthy Thor):

Just because they showed up.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 09:56 PM
carver9

thumb up

Tbf, though, your argument is like me saying Invisible Woman is > Avengers (including Worthy Thor):

Just because they showed up.

Nope, it's completely different...

They even admit after this that they cant stop the Hulk.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:02 PM
DarkSaint85

Except they didn't believe it. And weren't there to stop him:

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:11 PM
carver9

Except they didn't believe it. And weren't there to stop him:

Lol... that says nothing about them not believing Hulk would've killed them or not. They clearly came there to stop him and 50/50 had different opinions about the kids vision. They gathered the team just in case Hulk did go berserk killing everyone. All I'm saying is, their mindset is completely different when they came for Hulk vs Sue. They approached Hulk in the thought of being ready to fight for their lives.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:28 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol... that says nothing about them not believing Hulk would've killed them or not. They clearly came there to stop him and 50/50 had different opinions about the kids vision. They gathered the team just in case Hulk did go berserk killing everyone. All I'm saying is, their mindset is completely different when they came for Hulk vs Sue. They approached Hulk in the thought of being ready to fight for their lives.

'You're ready to put me away? To put me down?'

'No..we need proof....fair is fair'.

They were there to give their friend Bruce a way out. To prove his innocence.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:30 PM
carver9

'You're ready to put me away? To put me down?'

'No..we need proof....fair is fair'.

They were there to give their friend Bruce a way out. To prove his innocence.

BRUCE a way out. They brought a stacked team just in case he Hulked out. I'm sure if he would've turned to Hulk when she said those words, the verbiage between then would've been completely different. Do you think she would've set there talking? She didnt bring the team for Banner, she brought it for Hulk.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:37 PM
CosmicComet

Yeah DS is stretching it way too much here. Carver do not let up on this one.

The point of the vision and then gathering that many people was clearly that Hulk was obviously strong enough for that vision to be a reality.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:42 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote