KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Has feminism gone too far??

your take on feminism
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It's run its course 1 8.33%
It's Probably Misunderstood 3 25.00%
Feminists are being cynical about it 0 0%
A means of revenge/shaming agains males 2 16.67%
It has gone too far. 6 50.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Has feminism gone too far??
Started by: The Spectre+

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Btw its women who carry out genital mutilation on young girls in Africa.

Men don't go around lifting their daughters skirts. Or other people's daughters skirts. Thats what the elder women do.

The female circumcision as they call it is often a part of the coming of age ceremonies the women do in some cultures.

If you want to get all female genital mutilations to stop then you have to get the mothers and the grandmothers aunts and woman who are leaders in their communities where this happens to archive the procedure.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:15 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv

Men don't go around lifting their daughters skirts. Or other people's daughters skirts. Thats what the elder women do.

The female circumcision as they call it is often a part of the coming of age ceremonies the women do in some cultures.

If you want to get all female genital mutilations to stop then you have to get the mothers and the grandmothers aunts and woman who are leaders in their communities where this happens to archive the procedure.
very true.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, and what excuse do they use in order to do that? As in, is there a legit reason they give(legit in their crazy minds) as to why this needs to happen?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Culture. Women are often healers, holders of knowledge etc, it's an extension of the traditional nurse/carer role. In.many African countries the Catholic or Islamic religion will stand beside ancient custom.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:24 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Surtur
Damn, and what excuse do they use in order to do that? As in, is there a legit reason they give(legit in their crazy minds) as to why this needs to happen?

I just prayed to baby Jesus for someone to give the answer as religion and culture (mostly religion though.)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:25 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

And get the god-mothers on board in those cultures where children born into a tribe are assigned a second mother (this will usually be a very close friend of the mother or the mid-wife who worked closest with their mother to delivered them.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:25 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

And get the god-mothers on board in those cultures where children born into a tribe are assigned a second mother (this will usually be a very close friend of the mother or the mid-wife who worked closest with their mother to delivered them.
Exactly Shiv.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Culture. Women are often healers, holders of knowledge etc, it's an extension of the traditional nurse/carer role. In.many African countries the Catholic or Islamic religion will stand beside ancient custom.

Yes but within the culture what is the reason given?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes but within the culture what is the reason given?
Usually custom, could be identity markings. I've had people work for me with full cat face markings. Could also be wards for protection/luck. Can be both.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Usually custom, could be identity markings. I've had people work for me with full cat face markings. Could also be wards for protection/luck. Can be both.

Okay...I'm asking the reason for the custom though lol.

For instance, if you ask a Catholic why they take a sip of wine during mass they would be able to give you a reason beyond "custom".

So they mutilate them so they can identify their..clan..family..whatever?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:32 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay...I'm asking the reason for the custom though lol.

For instance, if you ask a Catholic why they take a sip of wine during mass they would be able to give you a reason beyond "custom".

So they mutilate them so they can identify their..clan..family..whatever?
Yeah often tribal for identity, luck, health, protection etc. It's all superstition.

Guys get marked too.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:35 PM
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys get marked too.

Oh trust me. They get ones sometimes that look like they performed ritual combat with a tiger.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:58 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Spectre+
Oh trust me. They get ones sometimes that look like they performed ritual combat with a tiger.
Yes, they do.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:59 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Has feminism gone too far??

I tend to agree with 'equity' feminism.

There is a fine line, methinks, between revolution and revenge.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:00 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Has feminism gone too far??

Originally posted by Mindship
I tend to agree with 'equity' feminism.

There is a fine line, methinks, between revolution and revenge.
Yeah, pretty much agree MS, revenge feminists are the extreme like internet forummer who suggest a lot of revenge feminists exist. Women and men **** each other up sometime, that's **** all to do with all women, or even all feminists.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:05 PM
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

i just some women feel are not content with their status as women or female. or feel that, that status/position is inferior.
Imagine girls calling themselves kings - a position they view as one of authority. why not queen i asked one, and she insisted on being called a king.
So some of them actualy feel inferior, only joining the feminist movement to feel tough, or strong. They in reality still see the males as superior.
They then, have completly missed the point.
Its what i think of some of them.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:08 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Spectre+
i just some women feel are not content with their status as women or female. or feel that, that status/position is inferior.
Imagine girls calling themselves kings - a position they view as one of authority. why not queen i asked one, and she insisted on being called a king.
So some of them actualy feel inferior, only joining the feminist movement to feel tough, or strong. They in reality still see the males as superior.
They then, have completly missed the point.
Its what i think of some of them.

My view is that if feminism was still truly needed they wouldn't have to make up fake problems like the pay gap or the idea the USA is a rape culture.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:19 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Look Surtur

In the parts of the world where this stuff happens they are living the same traditions they have lived for hundreds of years + with some elements of what we recognise as say 19th Century to 20th Century cultural values mixed in.

Some parts of the world, Asia, India, Middle East, Even Europe if you go there you will find they don't even have the language or the concept for many things.

Some questions you have to go there or maybe speak with some one from there.

Some questions, are pretty well covered:

Example: Chinese Small Feet Tradition

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:20 PM
Flyattractor

Kind of like how in an upcoming Black Widow Comic they are going to make her a male genital mutilator cause...SuperHeros!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look Surtur

In the parts of the world where this stuff happens they are living the same traditions they have lived for hundreds of years + with some elements of what we recognise as say 19th Century to 20th Century cultural values mixed in.

Some parts of the world, Asia, India, Middle East, Even Europe if you go there you will find they don't even have the language or the concept for many things.

Some questions you have to go there or maybe speak with some one from there.

Some questions, are pretty well covered:

Example: Chinese Small Feet Tradition

Those parts of the world kinda sound like shitholes.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:25 PM