KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Gillette commercial/PSA and the inevitable outrage

What is the most reasonable reaction to Gillette's new ad?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Boycott Gillette over the commercial 4 26.67%
Get the **** over it 11 73.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gillette commercial/PSA and the inevitable outrage
Started by: Eternal Idol

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you have some examples of what you consider "toxic femininity?"
Have you never been used by a woman? Seduced, exploited for, say, your money or status? Well, neither have I, but over the years I've had two friends who were. One was in college, a chubby nice guy. His gf had quite the sexual hold over him.

Men and women are far more alike than they are different, and the former are not alone in using their power over the opposite gender. Women use it differently, of course, but power corrupts, regardless of gender.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:29 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mindship
Have you never been used by a woman? Seduced, exploited for, say, your money or status? Well, neither have I, but over the years I've had two friends who were. One was in college, a chubby nice guy. His gf had quite the sexual hold over him.

Men and women are far more alike than they are different, and the former are not alone in using their power over the opposite gender. Women use it differently, of course, but power corrupts, regardless of gender.

I see. Yes. My previous two long-term relationships were like that.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'm shocked your masculinity is that fragile DBM.

I really don't have too much of a stake in this, just thought the youtube comment was funny

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I really don't have too much of a stake in this, just thought the youtube comment was funny
Good, good, I still have faith in you DMB, most of the time you show a morality only Silent master and Snowdragon also sometimes show of the far right here.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:57 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see. Yes. My previous two long-term relationships were like that.
I got some good advice from my Irish traveller grandfather growing up, never let a woman mark you, I'd come home with a hiccy, and never let a woman see how much she matters to you even if you love her.

Words to live by I think.

As a narcissist, I have my own theory - cultivate the next one before you leave the last. I always try to have at least two other women in the wings at all times.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jan 16th, 2019 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Only cum gargling fanny bandits buy Schick.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I mostly stopped using a razor years ago, use the lowest setting on my beard trimmer now. Used to buy Gillette though, hands down the best razors, especially if you have a thick/coarse beard (I do). My wife uses the Dollar Shave razors for her armpits, legs and vaginal area, they're no Gillette, but they're good; especially for the price. I use those to clean around my neck line every couple days.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Saw this on the only other forum I'm still active on, and was surprised I hadn't seen it mentioned here.

Gillette recently aired long commercial which emphasized respect and responsibility rather than their products, while expressing concern over sexual harassment, bullying, toxic masculinity, and the blind eye Americans seem to turn to them because it is so culturally ingrained.

What say you, scholars and misfits of KMC? Has Gillette gone too far and deserving of the outrage and boycotts, or are people completely overreacting over what was intended as a positive message?

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over #MeToo advert

All that trouble for a crappy ad that's as useless as that stupid Pepsi one. Great.

lol @ TYT being featured in it, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 03:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's a post you made in the GDF years ago about your lamentations of incel-hood.

We gave you a hard time over it. But, looking back, this is before the whole "call all the things incel!" took off on the internet.

Yes, you've got me all figured out, secretly conspiring with Flyattractor in PMs to find gems like these:

Originally posted by PVS
no, not a virgin....just a 31 year old video game/dvd addict...but i choose to feed my addiction. this is whats known as a marraige killer. thank god i'm not married laughing out loud

LOL!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 05:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Straight razor for life.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 06:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

send some play-doh to whatever tender guy voted to boycott

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 03:40 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a difficult time trying to find something wrong with this.

This is what they taught me as a youth in our Mormon churches.

This is what we were taught in Boy Scouts when Boy Scouts was called Boy Scouts of America.

This is what I was taught in sports during my secondary education years.

The core message I took away is a great man leads his male peers to do and act morally, respectfully, and justly. A couple of the clips in their montage was of men who stopped fights and taught young men what being a man is about.

How is this toxic? This is masculine. This is manly.

You don't have to be a neckbeard to respect women. In fact, shave your neckbeard and just don't say or do the creepy things like the advert pointed out.

Why is it considered unmanly to be a moral leader to your group of male friends? You don't have to be an SJW. Just act and say like they did in the advert. Don't get preachy. Keep the response very short and sweet. Don't dwell on it.

I'm gonna try to give a real response. First let me point out I don't use Gillette products, if I had a Gillette product I used that I really I liked I'd still continue to use it.

Anyways, I think the problems come down to the fact that Gillette entered the culture war with this. You hear the left talk a lot about dog whistles, well the phrase "toxic masculinity" is kind of a dog whistle. The usage of that phrase and also Ana from The Young Turks being involved made this political and it clearly showed what side Gillette is on.

If Gillette wants all men to buy their products they went about this the wrong way. I'm also guessing some people just saw it and thought "I want a shave not a sermon". If Gillette really wanted to wade into this subject a commercial showing the positive aspects of masculinity might have come off better. The involvement of TYT just baffles me though.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 17th, 2019 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 05:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Good, good, I still have faith in you DMB, most of the time you show a morality only Silent master and Snowdragon also sometimes show of the far right here.

It's a good thing we don't have any far right posters here, although I can understand where a more centrist view is "far right" when one sits so very far to the left. wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:21 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
It's a good thing we don't have any far right posters here, although I can understand where a more centrist view is "far right" when one sits so very far to the left. wink

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm gonna try to give a real response. First let me point out I don't use Gillette products, if I had a Gillette product I used that I really I liked I'd still continue to use it.

Anyways, I think the problems come down to the fact that Gillette entered the culture war with this. You hear the left talk a lot about dog whistles, well the phrase "toxic masculinity" is kind of a dog whistle. The usage of that phrase and also Ana from The Young Turks being involved made this political and it clearly showed what side Gillette is on.

If Gillette wants all men to buy their products they went about this the wrong way. I'm also guessing some people just saw it and thought "I want a shave not a sermon". If Gillette really wanted to wade into this subject a commercial showing the positive aspects of masculinity might have come off better. The involvement of TYT just baffles me though.

They clearly chose a side, for sure. It's the SJW side.

But I don't think you have to be an SJW to demonstrate the same behaviors their men in the vid did.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They clearly chose a side, for sure. It's the SJW side.

But I don't think you have to be an SJW to demonstrate the same behaviors their men in the vid did.

It's true you don't need to be a SJW to behave that way, which is why it was silly for them to use the term toxic masculinity and involve TYT lol.

I think it's stupid when a business tries to enter the culture war cuz you're always gonna alienate people. Like Michael Jordan said: Republicans buy shoes too.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:28 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur

As I said in the other forum, taking charge of out-of-control situations and protecting those who need protection are pretty ****ing manly things to do. Being respectful, responsible, and stoic are also very masculine traits.

And then there's this shit:

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 08:30 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You know that sensitive cowboy is a Trumper.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 08:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Oh, and one more thing...

Ana Kasparian love

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 08:40 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Robtard
You know that sensitive cowboy is a Trumper.

Oh, I'd bet on it. "**** your feelings!" turned into "Stop picking on me!" real quick. Now he wants to boycott Proctor & Gamble products. I thought that was just an SJW thing?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 08:44 PM