KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Special Counsel knocks down Buzzfeed as Fake News

Special Counsel knocks down Buzzfeed as Fake News
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wiki leaks are actual documents on paper.

'Sources says" means nothing.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 07:01 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Wiki leaks are actual documents on paper.

'Sources says" means nothing.

if you'd rather abandoned reason than see the point, then i guess that's that.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 07:56 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Its still ridiculous they went hog wild with it, and lets be real, this isnt the first time they did this.

"Breaking News: Michael Flynn to testify that Trump ordered him to collude with Russia."

I can only speculate as to why they ran wild with it. It would be pretty big deal if true, so they've always got that to lean on. And ratings I guess. Rightist/Leftists silliness always gets eyeballs.

I always assumed we were all in silent agreement that Buzzfeed was mostly entertainment, so I find it weird to broadcast it too.
Moreover, why are people still willing to run with reporting from BuzzFeed. Blast it for two days straight, and then people here just disclaim it because they said the word "if".

We're just pointing out that they made a reasonable response to a dubious claim. Even with the Steele Dossier, Buzzfeed did say it was unverified when they released it. They were being honest there at least. Regardless, I don't know why anyone took Buzzfeed seriously. It's the place you go to find zodiac compatibility and the 11 most outrageous poodle names.

Keep in mind, we're not sure what the Special Counsel is saying Buzzfeed got wrong specifically just yet.

The best response to all this was probably Mark Meadows in your article.

"Today's development only underscores the need for the special counsel to wrap this investigation up immediately," the North Carolina Republican tweeted. "The constant secrecy and breathless speculation helps no one. It's been 20 months — enough is enough. Wrap it up. Show us what you have."

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 20th, 2019 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 09:51 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It turns out that this MAGA group was approached, not the other way around as we were led to believe. The Native American group was taking part in "The Indigenous Peoples March." The Catholic School group was part of the March for Life group.

The MAGA people refused to "move" out of the way as the 3 demonstrators approached. Which resulted in this situation/video. Not the drumming, Native American, Vietnam Vet, appears to be far more aggressive in the video as the young man stands his ground.

This is a much different narrative than has been painted.

I saw a reddit comment that explained how these protests were going and what went down. The redditor explained the Native American group approached the MAGA group. And that the MAGA group was stationary, chanting their build the wall chants.

quote:
In a phone interview, Frejo told The Associated Press he felt they were mocking the dance and also heckling a couple of black men nearby. He approached the group with Phillips to defuse the situation, joining him in singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement and beating out the tempo on hand drums.

"They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."

A calm eventually fell over the group of students and they broke up and walked away.

According to eyewitness accounts, the situation began when Phillips and others put themselves between the students and another unrelated demonstrator who was accosting the young men.

https://abc13.com/politics/native-a...ks-out/5098296/

This is not the narrative we've been fed over and over again about this story.

Here's the actual narrative:

MAGA group is chanting "build the wall" and other classic MAGA "genius" ideas. "The Indigenous Peoples March" group didn't like what they heard and saw so the walked up on their group (they were already marching/walking) and started to sing their Native American tune. In their face. The MAGA group didn't get out of the way and they continued, again, to chant their MAGA crap. Eventually, the crowd dispersed. But not before people got their video clips.

Thanks to a witness from reddit who saw the whole thing happen, we have the actual narrative. In reality, this is just hysteria trying to play both sides up as terrible. With people even intervening against harassers of the MAGA group to keep things peaceful. Hmm, not the narrative we saw in the news.

Isn't anyone else concerned about this? If you google search for this, you get pages and pages of results that state, in one form or another, that the MAGA group harassed and/or disrespected the Native American group. Some even make it seem like the MAGA group sought them out and surrounded them.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Ahhh, and it gets better!

quote:
In an interview with the Detroit Free Press, Phillips said the incident started as the students from Covington Catholic were observing a group of Black Hebrew Israelites talk, and started to get upset at their speeches.

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew Israelites group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students.

"So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," Phillips said.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...deo/2630930002/

Phillips guy seems like a good guy except for his aggression against the MAGA students.

Here is a much longer video. Which shows how aggressive the NA Vet is. Remember, these MAGA students were at the Lincoln Memorial and were approached. With Phillips seeming like a great guy who wanted to stop the aggression from the Black Israelites against the young students (I believe Philips and his reasons behind his approach but he was clearly being aggressive and started the incident).

Apparently, the above video keeps getting taken down from YouTube so it may not last. Also, contrary to the narrative being spun in most sources, when f*ggot is yelled, the students react negatively seen at 7:18. There goes that narrative, as well.

And here is the full almost 2 hour video showing this confrontation start:

The beginning of the video starts with Black Israelites mocking Native Americans for worshiping totem poles.

Around 1 hour and 12 minutes is when you can see Philips enter the group of kids.

Guys...seriously, this should disturb all of you. Philips seems like a good guy, imo. But he was rather aggressively in his approach and was rather disrespectful.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by dadudemon

Worst music festival ever.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:52 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Worst music festival ever.

We need a festivus for the rest of us.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 12:31 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
if you'd rather abandoned reason than see the point, then i guess that's that.

I’m willing to hear your reason.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:10 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you keep this thread strictly to this topic.

Please and thank you

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:11 AM
cdtm

Phillips guy seems like a good guy except for his aggression against the MAGA students.

Here is a much longer video. Which shows how aggressive the NA Vet is. Remember, these MAGA students were at the Lincoln Memorial and were approached. With Phillips seeming like a great guy who wanted to stop the aggression from the Black Israelites against the young students (I believe Philips and his reasons behind his approach but he was clearly being aggressive and started the incident).

Apparently, the above video keeps getting taken down from YouTube so it may not last. Also, contrary to the narrative being spun in most sources, when f*ggot is yelled, the students react negatively seen at 7:18. There goes that narrative, as well.

The beginning of the video starts with Black Israelites mocking Native Americans for worshiping totem poles.

Around 1 hour and 12 minutes is when you can see Philips enter the group of kids.

Guys...seriously, this should disturb all of you. Philips seems like a good guy, imo. But he was rather aggressively in his approach and was rather disrespectful.

Thinking some of the stuff about an hour ago, about being surrounded by hordes of Maga students blocking their path, is total fabrication.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I laughed cuz dipshit dems pounced on this. Womp womp.

Will they learn?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:54 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ya, whiny little b*tches whined like b*tches over this.

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:55 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please keep that crap out of this thread

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:16 AM
dadudemon

Can you keep this thread strictly to this topic.

Please and thank you

My bad, dude.

I posted about it in the other thread. It wasn't intentional. I had the wrong thread open while playing a game on another screen.

lol, I posted in the wrong thread.

That's what I get for trying to play a game and post at the same time.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:50 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, did anyone notice the "woe is me" shit the media pulled over this? I remember one douche on CNN lamenting "Mueller did no favors for the press tonight, he did one for Trump". I think it was Chris Cuomo. They all pounced on this story and the little weasels think cuz they said "if this is true!" before doing it it absolves them of something are wrong.

This is similar to the dossier. Most places didn't wanna publish it, but they sure as f*ck were eager to discuss how Buzzfeed published it, it gave them an excuse to talk about it without needing to verify it.

And hey it's surely true that, legally, tossing in an "if true" should cover them, but it's not gonna help with their credibility.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 08:14 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing that is odd to me is Cohen has been charged with lying to Congress. Then congress decides to let him testify before them publicly?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing that is odd to me is Cohen has been charged with lying to Congress. Then congress decides to let him testify before them publicly?

I will say this...if Cohen lied, I doubt Trump specifically had to tell him to do it. The guy has worked with Trump for decades, he probably did what he figured Trump would prefer.

Yet that isn't what Buzzfeed claimed, Buzzfeed claimed Mueller has legit evidence Trump gave this order(evidence outside of Cohen's word). That does not seem to be the case.

A big deal was made by some on the left over the lack of clarity in Muellers statement. The guy doesn't say specifically what isn't accurate and that's a hope I legit saw some clinging to, but what gets ignored is this is rare. Mueller has mostly been silent during this investigation. It's doubtful he'd do this over the Buzzfeed story getting small details wrong.

Oh and according to those who did the story...they worked on it for months and it was released last Thursday. Guess when they first tried to contact Mueller's office? Lol...last Thursday.

Oh and you know who Ronan Farrow is? That guy said he has sources that contradict Buzzfeed's. Lol this is the same guy who ran with the shitty Kavanaugh story about Kavanaughs second accuser(who then admitted she wasn't even sure Kav did anything)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:54 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
I can only speculate as to why they ran wild with it. It would be pretty big deal if true, so they've always got that to lean on. And ratings I guess. Rightist/Leftists silliness always gets eyeballs.

I always assumed we were all in silent agreement that Buzzfeed was mostly entertainment, so I find it weird to broadcast it too.

We're just pointing out that they made a reasonable response to a dubious claim. Even with the Steele Dossier, Buzzfeed did say it was unverified when they released it. They were being honest there at least. Regardless, I don't know why anyone took Buzzfeed seriously. It's the place you go to find zodiac compatibility and the 11 most outrageous poodle names.

Keep in mind, we're not sure what the Special Counsel is saying Buzzfeed got wrong specifically just yet.

The best response to all this was probably Mark Meadows in your article.

"Today's development only underscores the need for the special counsel to wrap this investigation up immediately," the North Carolina Republican tweeted. "The constant secrecy and breathless speculation helps no one. It's been 20 months — enough is enough. Wrap it up. Show us what you have."

Throwing in a couple of "if true" disclaimers doesn’t let you off the hook. And some journalists adopted the BuzzFeed allegations as true with even thinner caveats than that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 12:24 AM
cdtm

"They're just using this for amunition. So lets not give it to them."

I chime in with "But WE'D never do the same exact thing, amiright? laughing "

Just before I get fired.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 01:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote