KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is Toxic Masculinity?!

What is Toxic Masculinity?!
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

What is Toxic Masculinity?!

This word has been thrown out so much in the last few yrs, just like the word racist, sexist, etc to me has now lost its meaning.

Can anyone here give a real in-depth description of toxic masculinity?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 06:29 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: What is Toxic Masculinity?!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
This word has been thrown out so much in the last few yrs, just like the word racist, sexist, etc to me has now lost its meaning.

How about the best example I can think of would be Andrew Dice Clay from the '80s and '90s. Don't get me wrong I thought he was hilarious back then but if we were to drop that guy into our modern age, crash and burn.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 06:52 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by snowdragon
How about the best example I can think of would be Andrew Dice Clay from the '80s and '90s. Don't get me wrong I thought he was hilarious back then but if we were to drop that guy into our modern age, crash and burn.

That's a pretty good example.

Don't know if there's a textbook definition of it, but domineering, abrasive, and obnoxious seem to fit every example I've seen. The Dice Man personifies that. In short, toxic masculinity is being a douche to others.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 08:04 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Re: What is Toxic Masculinity?!

Originally posted by snowdragon

But isn’t that just an individual who’s an outright piece of shit though?

Its like if a certain women calling all men rapist because this guy raped someone.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 08:23 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

But isn’t that just an individual who’s an outright piece of shit though?

Its like if a certain women calling all men rapist because this guy raped someone.

Yeah, but it's a piece of shit who justifies being a piece of shit simply because he's man, and that's what he thinks being a man is all about, being a piece of shit.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 08:35 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i see toxic masculinity is a refusal or inability to give up one's maladjusted juvenile mob-rules mentality. "i'm right because my bros say so", which applies to everything from assault, rape, murder, gang violence, nazis, etc. it all starts from childhood. it all begins with the 'lord of the flies' phenomenon of unchecked power given to the young. i believe this is an example of toxic masculinity in it's purest simplest form:

i don't believe that any of these kids are inherently evil, any more than king joffrey was. their minds were warped and twisted to a point where, in this video, they all feel 100% justified in mocking and mob-menacing senior citizens, as they likely would have if they chose to tear him into pieces.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 08:53 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

@squall cant quote u.

"But isn’t that just an individual who’s an outright piece of shit though?

Its like if a certain women calling all men rapist because this guy raped someone."

Yes and no. Thats why we have specific labels for specific actions. A guy who steals from people isn't only outright a piece of shit but a piece of shit thief.

In ur example that certain woman would also probably get labled a crazy feminist just like a guy would be labled a toxic male.

All feminists arent crazy and all men arent toxic but some are and id be willing to bet that the majority of people who get upset about the terms probably fit the definitions for their labels on both sides.

From my PoV

Toxic males- urrr dont use that term ur trying to steal my manliness, not all men are bad.

How do u feel about feminists?

Toxic male- urrr all those bitches are crazy i hope the burn

Crazy feminists- urrr dont use that term, ur just trying to hold women down were just fighting for our rights and equality

How do u feel about men- all women are better than all those toxic pieces of shit, i hope they all die.

Normal men and women- yeah both those terms are fitting for alot of people. If they don't like the term used against them then stop fitting the description of it.

How do u feel about the opposite gender?

Normal men and women- some are good some are bad and some are in the middle.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 09:05 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:41 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Use the quick quote for unquotables.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:58 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Use the quick quote for unquotables.

And quickquote has the post ID. Quote someone else's post that you can quote, replace the name and post ID, and replace the post content. Then do the standard editing thing where you copy and past the forum tags if you wish to address specific points.

This step adds about 15-30 seconds to responding so it can get annoying if you are trying to respond to a short post. Just quick quote. But if you are going to be responding to an in depth post, just spending the extra time responding and follow my directions.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:18 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by dadudemon
And quickquote has the post ID. Quote someone else's post that you can quote, replace the name and post ID, and replace the post content. Then do the standard editing thing where you copy and past the forum tags if you wish to address specific points.

This step adds about 15-30 seconds to responding so it can get annoying if you are trying to respond to a short post. Just quick quote. But if you are going to be responding to an in depth post, just spending the extra time responding and follow my directions.

Clearly this is mansplaining and thus toxic masculinity.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:45 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Clearly this is mansplaining and thus toxic masculinity.

What would the SJW reaction be if a gay man told his passive gay lover to shutup and go make him a sandwich?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

What would the SJW reaction be if a gay man told his passive gay lover to shutup and go make him a sandwich?

A philosophical question of the modern age.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:48 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

A philosophical question of the modern age.

Shutup and go make me a sandwich.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:48 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Oh honey those carbs will go straight to your hips.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:49 PM
dadudemon

Oh honey those carbs will go straight to your hips.

lol

The best

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:58 PM
StyleTime

Re: What is Toxic Masculinity?!

I think it helps to have a conversation about it, rather than just spit out a google'd definition.

But, it's supposed to refer to the regressive, restrictive, and socially destructive behavioral expectations placed upon males. It was partially an attempt, often by feminists believe it or not, to highlight the ways in which men are harmed by gender norms.

The problem is, as the idea spread from academia to the average person, people misunderstood it. Toxic masculinity isn't the same concept as masculinity. Toxic masculinity is anti-male just as much as it is anti-female.

Masculinity isn't the same the thing. Might have helped to come up with a different name, but that's what stuck.

My guess?

They are recreating heteronormative ideas about romantic partnerships.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 12:12 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: What is Toxic Masculinity?!

Originally posted by StyleTime
My guess?

They are recreating heteronormative ideas about romantic partnerships.

Would you shit yourself to know that this was almost word for word why my SJW friend said when I asked him the same?

His wording was something like, "They are copying toxic heteronormative stereotypes from heterosexual couples. Probably as a joke."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 12:16 AM
SquallX

So is it toxic masculinity when I yell at a female soldier because she’s been an ass?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 12:34 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's something fruitcake leftists came up with.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:03 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote