KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Unpopular Gaming Opinons

Unpopular Gaming Opinons
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Unpopular opinion.

Nintendo gets a pass from gamers all the time. Just look at Metroid Prime 4. If other companies did what Nintendo did....they get heavily criticized.

Also, Nintendo games are rarely ever as good as people say.

Huh? There certainly are things to criticize Nintendo for but they should be commended for what they are doing with MP4 not criticized. Restarting development on a game that isn't at the standard they want and telling the consumers about it is great and refreshing.

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 27th, 2019 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 12:30 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I commend them for not releasing a shitty product.

But the game was announced way to early and it ****s people over who bought a Switch to play it.

EA announces they are stopping development on a unnamed Star Wars project. Internet heavily criticizes the company for doing so. However, Nintendo says, "yeah, Metroid Prime 4 ****ing sucked and we are starting new" and the Internet goes "that's amazing, finally a company that cares".....but other companies cancel shitty games all the time and get reamed out.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I agree that it was announced to early.

However, comparing canceling a game to restarting development is dumb as ****.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:14 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeaaah, in on way is restarting a game's development (unfortunate as it is) comparable to outright cancelling it like EA, or releasing in a buggy messy/shitty state like Bethesda. Nintendo's quality control is also partly the reason the first Metroid Prime didn't release on N64, as it would've aged terribly by comparison to what we got.

I hope either the next 2.5D game following Samus Returns or the Prime Trilogy port to Switch rumor eventually comes true, to tide fans over in the meantime.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nintendo essentially cancelled the game. From what I understand they are starting brand new with a different team or at least modified one.

How is any different taking a dev team making a Star Wars game and getting them to make a different Star Wars game?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:42 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I commend them for not releasing a shitty product.

But the game was announced way to early and it ****s people over who bought a Switch to play it.

EA announces they are stopping development on a unnamed Star Wars project. Internet heavily criticizes the company for doing so. However, Nintendo says, "yeah, Metroid Prime 4 ****ing sucked and we are starting new" and the Internet goes "that's amazing, finally a company that cares".....but other companies cancel shitty games all the time and get reamed out.
No, they didn't stop development. They CANCELLED the game, there's a difference.

Nintendo isn't stopping development, they are starting new, with a new company who'll do the Metroid license proud (presumably and hopefully).

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

On the topic of EA & Star wars

Disney needs to cut ties from Unicron Arts and give the license to someone else, All that they've released in the time that they got the license are two games. Compared to when Lucasarts was around it released 16 games in 5 years.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 27th, 2019 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji

Disney needs to cut ties from Unicron Arts and give the license to someone else, All that they've released in the time that they got the license are two games. Compared to when Lucasarts was around it released 16 games in it's 5 years.
They do it because Battlefront is "profitable" as opposed to what the fans want, which does suck, but IIRC they renewed their license with EA.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:02 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Further proof of EA being out of touch.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nintendo essentially cancelled the game. From what I understand they are starting brand new with a different team or at least modified one.

How is any different taking a dev team making a Star Wars game and getting them to make a different Star Wars game?

If you can't see the difference between restarting development on a game and canceling one in favor of making a "smaller-scale" game I don't know what to say...

The problem is only further exacerbated by the fact that EA has completely bungled the SW property for the past few years.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:20 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

How do you know what is happening with Metriod Prime 4 isn't similar? You have no idea.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:41 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Jmanghan
They do it because Battlefront is "profitable" as opposed to what the fans want, which does suck, but IIRC they renewed their license with EA.

When did EA renew the license for Star Wars?

I read EA bosses hate the license. The management that signed up are no longer part of the company and the current boss are not thrilled with it.

I'm not a big fan of the LucasArt comparison. Development is much different these days and LucasArts were in charge of the IP. EA has to consult on every decision with Disney. Also, some of the games were in development prior while EA had to start making games.

However, EA has ****ed it up. Also, aside from Activision and maybe Ubisoft...I don't see any other company willing to take that ****ing contract.

Last edited by Smasandian on Jan 27th, 2019 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:48 AM
ares834

How do you know what is happening with Metriod Prime 4 isn't similar? You have no idea.

So you admit, your comparison sucks ass as we "have no idea". Good.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:52 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji

Disney needs to cut ties from Unicron Arts and give the license to someone else, All that they've released in the time that they got the license are two games. Compared to when Lucasarts was around it released 16 games in 5 years.

And only one of those two games is really good imo, Battlefront 2 in its current form/after being rebalanced. Of course some still take potshots at the game because of the initial controversy but eh.

I'm not a big fan of the LucasArt comparison. Development is much different these days and LucasArts were in charge of the IP. EA has to consult on every decision with Disney. Also, some of the games were in development prior while EA had to start making games.

However, EA has ****ed it up. Also, aside from Activision and maybe Ubisoft...I don't see any other company willing to take that ****ing contract.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 05:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

EA should have just never been exclusive in the first place. I have no problem with them having a license to make Star Wars in theory, but them being the only ones? That was a huge mis-step, and not the only one Disney has made with the franchise.

At least SWBF2 is now getting to the point where it resembles the game it was supposed to be from the start. Makes me wonder how long that will last though.

On topic, because there is no way EA shitting the bed is an unpopular opinion:

-Naughty Dog games (Uncharted, Last of Us) rely heavily on scripted sequences and decent stories to hide occasionally weak (those ****ing stealth sections), repetitive gameplay.

-Assassin's Creed, as a series, is creatively bankrupt and Odyssey is a prime example of that.

-Dragon Age 2 is a solid 8/10 game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 09:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Assassin's Creed is the Call of Duty of the stealth genre, imo.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 09:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And only one of those two games is really good imo, Battlefront 2 in its current form/after being rebalanced. Of course some still take potshots at the game because of the initial controversy but eh.

Meh...as much as i like Star Wars i just can't be bothered playing EA's Star Wars games.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 10:02 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

thumb up
It's not as good as Battlefront II Classic, no.

It's "pretty good", but not "really good".

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 10:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I had/still have the original Battlefront 2 which is hard to see being topped, but I still really enjoy the EA BF2 for what it is. Wouldve liked if Grievous, Dooku, Obi-Wan, and such had been in the game sooner, but glad to have them now, and with Captain Phasma and the like on top of them, game has a pretty good roster and content for all three Star Wars eras. Just have to wonder who or what else they might add after Anakin. More Starfighter Assault maps or something would be nice too.

I dont see much reason for Star Wars fans to sleep on current BF2 as it is now, suck as it may that other things were cancelled (the open world SW game) but thats on EA.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah; it's a pretty good game imo.

Hoping we get Ventress and Ahsoka soon, and of course some new paint options for the clones.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote