KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdom Hearts III

Kingdom Hearts III
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Kingdom Hearts III

I searched high and low all over google and KMC and couldn't find the thread for this game, which shocks me.

Anyway, I'm super hyped for this, and in one day it's already gotten an 89 on metacritic, jesus.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pla...gdom-hearts-iii

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 04:34 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 01:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

^^^

Sterling is right, but the game will still be a blast. IMO most Square Enix games are more about the experience and journey with the characters than the story. Most of the FF games have bad stories too, but they make up for it with a wild ride (moving castles, floating fortresses, sprawling fantasy worlds with steampunk tech), memorable characters, and awesome combat/bosses.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 01:15 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
^^^

Sterling is right, but the game will still be a blast. IMO most Square Enix games are more about the experience and journey with the characters than the story. Most of the FF games have bad stories too, but they make up for it with a wild ride (moving castles, floating fortresses, sprawling fantasy worlds with steampunk tech), memorable characters, and awesome combat/bosses.

Pretty much.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 01:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^^^

Sterling is right, but the game will still be a blast. IMO most Square Enix games are more about the experience and journey with the characters than the story. Most of the FF games have bad stories

But Pre-Square-Enix the Final Fantasy games then, Didn't need a movie or extra games/DLC to tell the story it was all there in one package.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 01:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
But Pre-Square-Enix the Final Fantasy games then, Didn't need a movie or extra games/DLC to tell the story it was all there in one package.
Which is a definite plus but the stories still weren't great. For example, Final Fantasy 6 is IMO the best of the FF games, but the story is about a psychotic clown who trying to attain godhood and take over the world. That doesn't win any awards, but Kefka is IMO one of the best villains in games period, and every single one of the main characters were memorable/fleshed out with character specific side stories. The turn-based combat was deep, and you got to see crazy shit like ghost trains that ferry people to the after life, moving castles, that awesome opera sequence, and the end of the world. The fact that it was all one complete experience was great though

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 02:58 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Which is a definite plus but the stories still weren't great. For example, Final Fantasy 6 is IMO the best of the FF games, but the story is about a psychotic clown who trying to attain godhood and take over the world. That doesn't win any awards, but Kefka is IMO one of the best villains in games period, and every single one of the main characters were memorable/fleshed out with character specific side stories. The turn-based combat was deep, and you got to see crazy shit like ghost trains that ferry people to the after life, moving castles, that awesome opera sequence, and the end of the world. The fact that it was all one complete experience was great though
My man, FF6 is widely considered to be the best RPG of all time.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 04:15 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Still can't believe after 12 years of anticipation that this game is finally out.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:16 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

^^^

Idk, Kingdom Hearts at it's core has one of the most intriguing lores.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2019 12:17 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Anyone felt the game was kinda small?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 05:25 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's an english version:

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 05:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^^

Pretty much yeah, its meant to be insane. Donald Duck is a wizard. Mickey Mouse is flipping around like Yoda.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 06:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Gummi parts are addictive as all hell.

I wish Pooh's section was longer, the friendship between Sora and Pooh is so sweet to watch.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2021 04:30 PM
Jmanghan

Mmkay, finished the game.

As a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan who has been following the series since it's inception, did I enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3?

Yes, I did. I thought it was a great conclusion to the series with tons of awesome and downright iconic moments. People love to hate whatever's new.

There were a few standout worlds like The Carribean, which gave me ACIV flashbacks in a good way, San Fransokyo, which... I mean I loved Big Hero 6, the place is huge, and the dialogue between Sora and the team is great.

Seeing Twilight Town with such high-res textures and modeled so well was extremely nostalgic.

The conclusion was absolutely phenomenal to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: end Xehanort's story with. I did feel odd that Sora wasn't there at the ending cinematic (forcing you to play Re:Mind, no doubt.)

That scene when Sora wielded a billion keyblades against the Heartless horde was one of the coolest scenes in all of KH, didn't know who that guy was though, lmao. I've heard he's from the phone game, but I don't have a phone, and I doubt I'd dedicate much of my time to it.

The final boss fight, saving everyone including Xion, so. damn. good.

It was a bit too easy though, I wish it had been a bit more challenging. That said, enjoyed myself a lot. I wasn't able to play it on my TV though due to needing glasses, had to play it on PS Vita via remote play. Probably gonna have to do the same thing when I buy the Re:Mind DLC.

I don't understand the hate it got, yes, we waited a long time for it, and to me, this was a great experience, magical, made me smile, made me laugh, made me cry, especially when it was all over.

I was a kid, around 7-8 when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1. The memories this series has given me are unforgettable.

For those who thought the game was gonna suck due to naysayers saying it "didn't live up to the hype", ignore em. The game is too easy, but besides that, it's fun, the story moments are some of the best in the series, and the characters shine through.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2021 09:49 PM
Jmanghan

Can I just say, Hikari Utada hasn't lost her touch, the openings and ending were absolutely phenomenal and did a good job of setting up and ending the game.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 05:34 AM