KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Goku training - Broly success

Goku training - Broly success
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Goku training - Broly success

2 part question...

Let's say Goku training taught Broly how to access Red God mode, who is the weakest person in the show that could stop him?

Let's say Goku training taught him how to utilize Super Saiyan Blue, who is the weakest person in the show that could stop him?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 03:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

laughing out loud Wut?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 03:11 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

His Legendary level is already above SSG

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 05:24 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
laughing out loud Wut?

My question is pretty obvious. Are you struggling?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It not because LSSJ Broly > SSG

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:44 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Even if we assume SSG/SSB stacked on top of Broly's FPSSJ form, it is literally impossible to even begin to speculate how much they would increase his power.

King Vegeta referred to Broly as a "mutant":
https://i.imgur.com/MSvybjG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VStuBs7.jpg

Given the esoteric forms Broly is able to utilize, I'd say there is probably quite a bit of truth to that. Broly is wholly unique among Saiyans -- you can't really try to logically extrapolate-out his power, like you can with Goku or Vegeta. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 30th, 2019 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:58 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Because there is logic to saiyan powerups roll eyes (sarcastic)

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 08:48 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

In all honesty I see Goku and Vegeta catching Broly in power relatively soon.

The way I see it is:
• Goku teaches Broly how to utilize SSG/SSB.
• While teaching Broly Goku observes and learns how to harness the oozaru power.
• Broly then gets back-seated like every other character in DB.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:52 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe Broly won't be as insanely powerful once he gets a better control on his power like Kale in the anime, but I don't see him getting back-seated per se with how popular he is.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bbrem123

The way I see it is:
Goku teaches Broly how to utilize SSG/SSB.
While teaching Broly Goku observes and learns how to harness the oozaru power.
Broly then gets back-seated like every other character in DB.
I don't see any of this happening, tbh.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Maybe Broly won't be as insanely powerful once he gets a better control on his power like Kale in the anime, but I don't see him getting back-seated per se with how popular he is.
Kale's power was stated to have "massively increased" after she gained control over her berserk form. If Broly follows suit, then holy phuck.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 30th, 2019 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I actually forgot that was stated about Kale; was merely thinking of when she went from ragdolling a SSB when she was berserk, to being no match for a SSG when she had control, but eh, that's just Dragon Ball being Dragon Ball with inconsistency. If the intention for a LSSJ is to be more powerful when they have control than when they're berserk, then Broly has much potential indeed.

Sure, Uub has renowned training potential, but he ain't shit compared to Goku having Broly as a future sparring partner. lol Though, they might write it otherwise if they still decide to bring in Uub at some point, but end of Z feels more and more contrived to me now.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 30th, 2019 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I actually forgot that was stated about Kale; was merely thinking of when she went from ragdolling a SSB when she was berserk, to being no match for a SSG when she had control, but eh, that's just Dragon Ball being Dragon Ball with inconsistency. If the intention for a LSSJ is to be more powerful when they have control than when they're berserk, then Broly has much potential indeed.

Sure, Uub has renowned training potential, but he ain't shit compared to Goku having Broly as a future sparring partner. lol Though, they might write it otherwise if they still decide to bring in Uub at some point, but end of Z feels more and more contrived to me now.
Here's the statement:
https://i.imgur.com/GeYcYOW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zPWZyOP.jpg

But you have to remember that Goku and Vegeta's powers were increasing exponentially during the ToP as well. That likely explains the SSG discrepancy.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the other thread, but the notion that Oob's power is still relevant just seems completely unbelievable at this point. Goku can spar with Vegeta, Whis, and now Broly anytime he wants, but Oob's power/potential is still exciting to him? No way.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 30th, 2019 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:04 PM
bbrem123

From what I took from the movie the oorazu power that Broly possesses was not outside of Goku's or Vegeta's reach. The way they portrayed it made it seems attainable by other saiyans. Dont see why they would not allow Goku and Vegeta to have it.

Would close the power gap between Beerus/Broly and them as well.

Otherwise I dont see how they will ever get to matching them in power. (especially Vegeta since they made it seem he will never get MUI)

Last edited by bbrem123 on Jan 30th, 2019 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:39 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Broly's Ikari transformation is completely unique. He is a tailless Saiyan who can somehow compress the Oozaru transformation/power into his normal form, without even the presence of a moon. We have never seen anything remotely comparable to this in canon(hell, even in GT the Saiyans at least needed a tail to do something similar.)

I don't see Goku or Vegeta being able to attain Broly's Ikari form, anymore then I see them attaining his 'full power' form. As mentioned above, Broly's power/potential makes him a 'mutant' among Saiyans -- hence his bizarre transformations, and astronomical power-creep. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 30th, 2019 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:22 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bbrem123

The way I see it is:
• Goku teaches Broly how to utilize SSG/SSB.
• While teaching Broly Goku observes and learns how to harness the oozaru power.
• Broly then gets back-seated like every other character in DB.

Everything Galan said is correct. Broly is one of a kind, it doesn't mean Goku cannot surpass him through training and new situations as a plot device.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:32 PM
cdtm

The only way Goku and Vegeta are surpassing Broly, is with a new powerup.

Personally, I think he'll always be on a level where fusion is necessary to have a chance.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 09:17 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t agree. Goku can beat Broly in a extended or permanent UI.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 11:44 PM