KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

So glad we got Ethan again, instead of a lore character who gets no love like Billy Koen or something.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 09:52 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2021 11:17 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still looks pretty good on the PS4, I can see no faults with it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 01:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
So glad we got Ethan again, instead of a lore character who gets no love like Billy Koen or something.
Ethan is dope, and I am glad we got him again.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 05:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Different strokes, I suppose.

I think everyman characters go better in games like Silent Hill. Problem is, Ethan isn't layered enough to be a Silent Hill character. And he isn't badass or fun enough to be a Resident Evil character. And some of his decisions strain credibility to a point where I can't suspend disbelief.

He's just the worst of all worlds.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 4th, 2021 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 07:25 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ethan is quite dull tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 08:04 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This game is straight up Resident Evil 4: the Sequel

PWNT

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 05:05 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Capcom reveals Lady D's shoe size, For those people that have a thing for that.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...17.3%20inches).

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 08:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They brought back mercs mode, thank fuk

Also, they announced an RE Dead by Daylight chapter.

Also, the next demo is coming out soon. It takes a portion from the main game, so I'd advise you to skip it.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 11:27 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Arachnid1

They brought back mercs mode, thank fuk.

Brothers and sisters, gather 'round! Capcom has heard our cries!

It looks like they're adding elements from Raid mode too. Sweet.

I was already pumped for Village, but this adds even more hype for me. This will be one of the few AAA titles I'll pick up at full price. thumb up

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 15th, 2021 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 11:35 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by StyleTime
Brothers and sisters, gather 'round! Capcom has heard our cries!

It looks like they're adding elements from Raid mode too. Sweet.

I was already pumped for Village, but this adds even more hype for me. This will be one of the few AAA titles I'll pick up at full price. thumb up
I've got my collectors edition preordered for Series X too! I still don't have a Series X though LOL. It's been rough to find.

I'm getting some really bad vibes for Ethan, man.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Chris putting him through the wringer screams the "Ethan was with Umbrella" RE7 theory being legit (due to a list of ex-Umbrella employees including an Ethan W. being deceased in RE5; below), because Chris will never be a bad guy. The devs also stated there's a pretty rough twist in store for Ethan this time around regarding his past

This also explains his wife being a black market bioterrorist and researcher in RE7.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EepOwwjWoAEHLtH.jpg

Ethan is ****ed this game. This is going to be some Silent Hill 2 level tragedy.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 11:46 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Could they really have not made it where this Mercenaries was at least in third person? And if still making this mode, why the money & resource on ****ing ReVerse? Mercenaries oughta be the one with the multiplayer & character roster. You are kidding me.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 12:04 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Arachnid1

This game is straight up Resident Evil 4: the Sequel

Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! The great big greedy nincompoop!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 12:39 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Could they really have not made it where this Mercenaries was at least in third person? And if still making this mode, why the money & resource on ****ing ReVerse? Mercenaries oughta be the one with the multiplayer & character roster. You are kidding me.

Yeah, everything else looks fine, but this isn't Mercenaries. All that went into ReVerse that not many will play for long should've gone into a proper Mercs mode.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 01:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The timed demo is up for anyone interested. They'll have multiple demos. This one (the village demo) and the castle demo are both going to be up for a limited time (castle demo down the line). Then they'll have a normal third demo up until and past launch. Really weird way to do demos.

It's too close so no playing for me. I hope those of you who played have good impressions though. I'll be living vicariously through you for hype lol

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! The great big greedy nincompoop!
LMAO holy blast from the past

PWNT

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 02:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Are the demo's for the PS4 too?...if they aren't i'm not interested.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 02:56 AM
Arachnid1

Yep, and they're all up for a limited time. Here's the release schedule.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzDWi_7...&name=large

PWNT

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 03:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like i have to wait 12 hours before i play the village demo.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 04:15 AM
Arachnid1

European? Looks like, if so

PWNT

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 04:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Going by what Google told me, I gotta wait till Monday to play it even tho its the 18th here in Australia.... erm

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 05:10 AM