KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hobbs vs Shaw

Hobbs vs Shaw
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hobbs vs Shaw

H2H in a locked concrete room. The door only opens when the other guys dead.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 10:21 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whichever one is Jason Statham, he's British. We know heavyweight Champions of the world are only Americans when judges cheat on score cards or they take up discarded belts in the 21st Century. wink

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 10:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hobbs in a brutal fight.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 10:33 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

How long does it last?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 10:35 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

How long does love last?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 10:45 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Shaw. Just overall meaner.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 11:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
How long does love last?

^^^$500 an hour, minimum.

The fight’s close but i give it to Hobbs.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 04:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Hobbs bets the shit out of Shaw

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:00 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's actually pretty tough to say here. The writers clearly try to portray them as peers in terms of combat effectiveness (both via feats and dialogue, though Hobbs is stronger and Shaw more agile). And the only fight they had onscreen got interrupted by Hobbs' partner. I could see either winning, as things stand.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's actually pretty tough to say here. The writers clearly try to portray them as peers in terms of combat effectiveness (both via feats and dialogue, though Hobbs is stronger and Shaw more agile). And the only fight they had onscreen got interrupted by Hobbs' partner. I could see either winning, as things stand.

I figured Hobbs' strength and toughness is cancelled out by Shaw's speed and skill. So I ended up giving Shaw the slight advantage due to pure meanness.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:44 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
I figured Hobbs' strength and toughness is cancelled out by Shaw's speed and skill. So I ended up giving Shaw the slight advantage due to pure meanness.

Hobbs can be pretty mean as well though. Just look at the prison fight from the last movie. He was stabbing guys and slamming them head first into the floor etc (even the prison riot police, who were just trying to do their jobs).

Also, Shaw is faster and more agile, but the gap isn't so big that he can dance around Hobbs either. And Hobbs isn't exactly unskilled either. 0:17 is pretty much the only time during the entire film he gets tagged in a fight. And he wasn't even trying to dodge there.

https://streamable.com/dt48k

I dunno. I could see Hobbs beating Shaw down enough for a 10 count, but I could just as easily see Shaw doing something like getting Hobbs in a sleeper and choking him out.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ends in sex

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 06:23 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^$500 an hour, minimum.

The fight’s close but i give it to Hobbs.

I only need 20 minutes to kick your back door in

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 07:05 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by steverules_2
I only need 20 minutes to kick your back door in

MY back door? You misunderstand.
$500 is what your sister charges.

I agree, i gave it to Hobbs on damage soak. We’ve seen him take more and keep coming than we have Shaw. Granted, its because Shaw doesnt hits, but, in this scenario, he’d end up taking hits.

Last edited by riv6672 on Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:42 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 10:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hobbs can be pretty mean as well though. Just look at the prison fight from the last movie. He was stabbing guys and slamming them head first into the floor etc (even the prison riot police, who were just trying to do their jobs).

Also, Shaw is faster and more agile, but the gap isn't so big that he can dance around Hobbs either. And Hobbs isn't exactly unskilled either. 0:17 is pretty much the only time during the entire film he gets tagged in a fight. And he wasn't even trying to dodge there.

https://streamable.com/dt48k

I dunno. I could see Hobbs beating Shaw down enough for a 10 count, but I could just as easily see Shaw doing something like getting Hobbs in a sleeper and choking him out.

Well I'm not saying Hobbs is incapable of violence, I just don't think he has the stomach to murder an entire hospital like Shaw did.

And yes, Hobbs is still fast enough to land hits on Shaw, same way Shaw is still strong enough to hurt Hobbs.

It will be a close match either way, with each having a good chance of winning over the other. I'm simply giving Shaw a slight edge due to cruelty, as I feel like he's more likely and willing to user underhanded tactics whereas Hobbs will try to win with a more straight-up fighting mentality.

Last edited by FrothByte on Feb 6th, 2019 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 06:17 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well I'm not saying Hobbs is incapable of violence, I just don't think he has the stomach to murder an entire hospital like Shaw did.

And yes, Hobbs is still fast enough to land hits on Shaw, same way Shaw is still strong enough to hurt Hobbs.

It will be a close match either way, with each having a good chance of winning over the other. I'm simply giving Shaw a slight edge due to cruelty, as I feel like he's more likely and willing to user underhanded tactics whereas Hobbs will try to win with a more straight-up fighting mentality.

Fair enough, even if I don't necessarily totally agree. That might have been the case during their first fight, but I think that now that Hobbs is aware of Shaw's tactics, he will be less inclined to hold back himself. Because I am assuming we are using most current versions, which means these two are familiar with each other by now.

I doubt we will ever see it settled onscreen though. They will probably fight a little bit at one point during their team-up movie, but be interrupted by someone (likely Shaw's sister) before there is a clear winner. And then team up to punch Heimdall.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 06:27 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by riv6672
MY back door? You misunderstand.
$500 is what your sister charges.

But I don’t have a sister confused

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 06:32 PM