KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Degradation of the Movie Experience

The Degradation of the Movie Experience
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Biggest issue I have is lack of clean seats
Hate putting my hand on the armrest only to find used gum or wrappers on it. Also the local theaters tend to get the times wrong, and ads can run for like an additional 5 minutes 😒

Worse is sitting in a broken seat. Then moving into another broken seat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or people sitting in “your” seat

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:52 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then acting like they didn’t know.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:53 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

People on their cell phones are my biggest gripe.

I have no issue whatsoever telling you to put it away.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 04:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea because your a giant

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 05:18 PM
Flyattractor

Nah. He just think He has Mod Powers out in the real world too..

It is starting to go to his head.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 07:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I honestly haven't had too much problem with people on phones, going to the bathroom, eating, etc. But I did have an annoying guy sniffing his snot loudly right next to me every 5 or 10 seconds. That got old really quickly.

With certain theaters I've noticed significant issues with either sound or visual quality, so I've learned that I just need to stick with the best theater in town. Even my local cheap theater ($2.50 tickets) has better audio/video than a couple of the main theaters. We have a pretty damn nice cheap theater, I love it, although you don't get those comfy seats.

I do prefer to see most things at home, but for certain things I want to see on the big screen I do find it a bit more annoying having to plan to get seats together with the assigned seating. But yeah, it's bittersweet because the new reclining seats are super nice.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:49 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Last Movie I saw was in one of those old Historical Theaters that still had the same seats art deco style to it. Mad those old sound systems just don't work at ALL...and man Do I love the new modern recliner seats.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Haven't gone to the cinema in years. Used to love it, decades ago, but now there is no point, unless you HAVE to see it the moment it comes out. The home cinema experience is better in every sense of the way, if you know how to spend your money.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 10:20 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Haven't gone to the cinema in years. Used to love it, decades ago, but now there is no point, unless you HAVE to see it the moment it comes out. The home cinema experience is better in every sense of the way, if you know how to spend your money.
I'm 22 and already burned out on it.

It's certainly a lot funner and more exciting then staying at home, but there's no real reason, it's too expensive, you can't pause it, you can't watch it multiple times without paying, and some people are guaranteed to be obnoxious and ruin the movie experience.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 01:40 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I honestly haven't had too much problem with people on phones, going to the bathroom, eating, etc. But I did have an annoying guy sniffing his snot loudly right next to me every 5 or 10 seconds. That got old really quickly.

With certain theaters I've noticed significant issues with either sound or visual quality, so I've learned that I just need to stick with the best theater in town. Even my local cheap theater ($2.50 tickets) has better audio/video than a couple of the main theaters. We have a pretty damn nice cheap theater, I love it, although you don't get those comfy seats.

I do prefer to see most things at home, but for certain things I want to see on the big screen I do find it a bit more annoying having to plan to get seats together with the assigned seating. But yeah, it's bittersweet because the new reclining seats are super nice.

Nothing ruins a movie worse then noticing damage to the screen, and not being able to unsee it.

Except for that time Avatar had a damn line running down the film itself for most of it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 02:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Nah. He just think He has Mod Powers out in the real world too..

It is starting to go to his head.

Actually no, hes an actual giant, we have met before.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:24 PM
Impediment
Endless

Mod power in the real world is for police officers.

I have no qualms whatsoever about standing up and calling someone out for being a disrespectful piece of shit for talking on a phone while others are trying to watch and enjoy a movie they paid for.

Small children and babies are another thing. Keep your f*cking kids quiet.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just ban fly for the fck of it and show him some mod powerlaughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:53 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
Mod power in the real world is for police officers.

I have no qualms whatsoever about standing up and calling someone out for being a disrespectful piece of shit for talking on a phone while others are trying to watch and enjoy a movie they paid for.

Small children and babies are another thing. Keep your f*cking kids quiet.

Movie theaters all over the world need more of you.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:02 PM
Dr Will Hatch

I've never had a problem in a movie theater. The only inconvenient thing that's ever happened was when I went to go see Inglorious Basterds on opening day, all of the seats were full, so I had to sit in the aisle. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:11 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Yea because your a giant

thumb up

Imp is Class 100.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Actually no, hes an actual giant, we have met before.

Is He really that Big or is it just that you are that Small?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Imp is Class 100.

as an example of said SHORTNESS!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 07:46 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is He really that Big or is it just that you are that Small?

as an example of said SHORTNESS!

I’m 6’1” 225 and you seen my legs you tell me

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 07:52 PM
Flyattractor

I have seen your legs? Breaded or just baked?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 07:58 PM