KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Smaug

Darth Vader vs Smaug
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Lightsaber>>>>> Rusted arrow.

Vader wins this with a single blow...Except Smaug's death won't be that dramatic wink
It was not just the arrow it was the placement and force it was fired. Rusted arrow plus the force>>Palp Fl.

False. He failed to even defeat a weak Luke with a single blow. Dragon>>>>> human body.

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 11:13 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by quanchi112
It was not just the arrow it was the placement and force it was fired. Rusted arrow plus the force>>Palp Fl.

False. He failed to even defeat a weak Luke with a single blow. Dragon>>>>> human body.

laughing out loud

Except the lightsaber never hit Luke.....

Smaug gets butchered.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:51 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Smaug gets butchered.
Fl means force lightning. That arrow would kill Vader you dumbass.

Smaug decimates Vader then the worthless stormtroopers.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 07:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smaug gets butchered.

You sound hangry. Need a burger, fat boy?

Smaug decimates the pathetic wheezing man in a walking deathbed.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 09:07 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Eon Blue
You sound hangry. Need a burger, fat boy?

Smaug decimates the pathetic wheezing man in a walking deathbed.
Brother knows fiction.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 09:08 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brother knows fiction.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 09:09 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

laughing out loud

oh cmon, it was obvious vader wasn't trying to kill luke in ESB and RotJ. give him some credit, will ya?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 11:58 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oh cmon, it was obvious vader wasn't trying to kill luke in ESB and RotJ. give him some credit, will ya?
He still tried to put him down or defeat him to lure him over. He took that shoulder graze. Plus I will always go at Vader. Just who I am.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 12:39 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i know how you roll wink

the combination of sentimental attachments vs his complete impracticality in this forum makes for top quality bait, especially since kylo/rey/snoke have far surpassed vader's or any force-user's power on screen (remember rey reverse-mind-raped kylo as a newbie so she's obviously of equal potential)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 01:59 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

i know how you roll wink

the combination of sentimental attachments vs his complete impracticality in this forum makes for top quality bait, especially since kylo/rey/snoke have far surpassed vader's or any force-user's power on screen (remember rey reverse-mind-raped kylo as a newbie so she's obviously of equal potential)
Have you seen either of the two fantastic beasts films? I know off topic but I have a feeling you might really like Grindelwald as a character.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:07 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

never been much of a potter fan but i did see all the films and will check the others out when they become available at no extra cost to me

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

never been much of a potter fan but i did see all the films and will check the others out when they become available at no extra cost to me
I doubt you will enjoy Voldemort who is my cup of tea. Grindelwald is pretty fantastic in his own right just not my sort of character that I gravitate towards. You see a Depp flesh out the character in Crimes of Grindelwald. Completely different modus operandi than dear old Tom (Voldemort).

Ps. You do not need to see the Potter films since these are the prequels to the Potter franchise.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:25 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if it pops up on netflix or hulu i'll check them out thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:29 AM
quanchi112
Disney

if it pops up on netflix or hulu i'll check them out thumb up
Ok. If I spot them anywhere you will get a pm.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:36 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Found this online which will not ruin anything about the characters but briefly describes the differences between their approaches.

And both characters are right for their stories. There are many different types of villains; some want to destroy the world simply because they are bad, others have motivations that we can understand and even agree with. And it depends on the story as to which one it needs. A story like Lord of the Rings needs a villain who is just unstoppable evil, whereas a movie like Avengers: Infinity War requires someone like Thanos who makes sense, despite how vile his methods are.
Likewise, for Harry’s story, Voldemort was the required villain, because Harry needed to face someone who was undeniably evil. When Voldemort walked into a scene, we all held our breath. But with the Fantastic Beasts series, a more nuanced villain is called for. This is a more grown-up story we are experiencing now, and it calls for more gray areas. It calls for an antagonist who can be reasonable, and has the ability to sway even the best characters. We know- because of the books- that Grindelwald will go down as one of the darkest wizards of the age, and that he will be stopped. But now we get to see why he was regarded in that way, we get to see how he was dangerous, and learn how different he was from Voldemort.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:53 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Awesome info, brother. I love characterization info like that especially when it comes to villains.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 04:29 AM
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:07 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smaug wins, this isnt even a fight.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 03:22 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smaug gets butchered.

You do realize that a strike from a lightsaber doesn't mean a massive dragon of his size does not die immediately. He swam in molten gold like it was nothing.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 03:22 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Smaug wins, this isnt even a fight.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 03:23 PM