KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Shelob vs. MCU Captain America

Shelob vs. MCU Captain America
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Shelob vs. MCU Captain America

Civil War Cap

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:12 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

who inn the world is Shelob

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

the Spider spirit in Return of the King who attacked Frodo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:35 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Cap would win, imo.

A few hits from the edge of his shield to Shelob's head would be devastating, he could also easily remove limbs with a single swipe of the shield as he's cut through high tensile strength steel cables with it. (CA:CW)

I'd also question whether Shelob's paralyzing poison would work on Cap considering his body's superhuman ability to filter and neutralize toxins/inebriating compounds. (CA:TFA)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who inn the world is Shelob

One of the Children of Ungoliant.

You haven't watched The Lord of the Rings?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 10:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One of the Children of Ungoliant.

You haven't watched The Lord of the Rings?

i have , but years ago.. i've forgotten a lot of the characters fro the film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 03:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Sam would've won without the light.

If Sam can do it, so can Cap.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 03:26 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sam would've won without the light.

If Sam can do it, so can Cap.

I was going to point out something similar, but you beat me to it. Captain America >>>>> Samwise Gamgee. So, if he could give Shelob problems, Steve should win rather easily IMO.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 05:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

For all the reasons Robtard mentioned, Steve comes out on top and looks good doing it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 07:26 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Cap stomps.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 12:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I was going to point out something similar, but you beat me to it. Captain America >>>>> Samwise Gamgee. So, if he could give Shelob problems, Steve should win rather easily IMO.

In fairness, Shelob's weakness is light and the Phial contains the most pure and powerful light there is.

Cap still wins tho.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 01:38 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by John Murdoch
For all the reasons Robtard mentioned, Steve comes out on top and looks good doing it.

Damn right I do

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 01:53 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by ares834
In fairness, Shelob's weakness is light and the Phial contains the most pure and powerful light there is.

Cap still wins tho.

Yeah, but Steve has his pure inner Cap light, fueled by the power of being a century-old virgin, that shines through. big grin

Seriously though, if the guy can casually stomp a Quinjet (which is a large, bulletproof, flying opponent with a mounted minigun), I can't see a giant spider posing too much of a threat, unless Steve acts like an idiot, which is highly unlikely for an in-character Cap.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 02:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834

Cap still wins tho.
Sam was doing really well for awhile without the light though.

IIRC he crippled one of Shelob's legs and was holding his own pretty well.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 12:16 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes but to be honest most of the LOTR Badguys were pretty unimpressive. Make this Cap vs The Balrog and then we got a fight.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 02:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes but to be honest most of the LOTR Badguys were pretty unimpressive. Make this Cap vs The Balrog and then we got a fight.
Cap is no Gandalf, my man, I'd argue he's not even an Aragorn.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 02:52 AM
Flyattractor

LOTR was too influecned by the Hercules TV show crews that kind of did the fights and stunt work in the movies.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote