KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Doom Patrol

Doom Patrol
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Janes pretty awesome. She has some wacky powers too. It's always cool to see new ones. I liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: one where she grows larger and becomes like the human torch-lite

I've seen 3 episodes and am now just beginning to watch the 4th and I gotta say I'm enjoying it more than I have any of the Marvel tv shows.

It's successfully combining the wackiness of comics with mature adult story telling. I can't think of any other show by DC or Marvel that achieved this.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 8th, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 10:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, they got f*cking [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man on the show. Tee hee.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
He’s an underrated actor IMO
He's superb... I keep wondering what happened to him he's about my age and used to be in great shape. Does anyone know? And yes Doom Patrol is Brilliant!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 01:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Was a combination of things. Overworking and strain on his body and health, plus in the early 2000s, he was allegedly sexually assaulted by another man (some Hollywood exec groped him in a bathroom or something), which led to depression, divorce, and somewhat of a downward spiral for a time.

But his career and personal life both seem to have been taking an upturn in recent times again.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 06:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This show continues to deliver.

I'm honestly shocked that some of the concepts Morrison came up with during his hardcore LSD years(like the Decreator and such) are actually working in this show. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 05:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've said it before but, damn, Fraser's voice acting is awesome in this show. The latest episode in particular gave him a chance to shine again.

Also, is it just me, or is this version of Cyborg way more engaging and interesting than the version we got in the JL movie?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fraser's VA work has impressed the hell out of me, tbh.

This Cyborg actually has depth... Something his counterpart in the movie was sorely lacking.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep show continues to do well. Supposedly the first season is gonna have 15 episodes so we still have 8 left. This show made me give "Titans" another shot.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The show continues to be one of if not the best shows I currently watch... But that musical number in the last episode was a bit much, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 03:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Okay, can someone explain the ending of the latest episode to me? Was it Mr. Nobody just f*cking with the Beard Hunter, or did the cavewoman's Werewolf-esque god lay the trap for some reason..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 10:54 PM
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any one heard about the DC Streaming being cancelled due to the Att/Time Warner merger?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 12:32 AM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
The show continues to be one of if not the best shows I currently watch... But that musical number in the last episode was a bit much, tbh.

I loved the musical. It fits with the weirdness of the show.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:05 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It says a lot about media conditioning that I can watch Cliff tear people limb from limb without reacting, but I find a guy eating a soggy clump of hair disgusting.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 07:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was f*cking drain hair, though. That's WAY worse than normal hair.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 10:30 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, it looked all slimy and shit. Had all that piping mold stuck to it. Blegh.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, I loved the beard hunter, it was hilarious. Though yeah, gross.

Is it worse than f*cking a woman covered in body hair tho?!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:55 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Kinda makes me want to see Beard Hunter vs Captain America after eating his Infinity War beard lol.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 02:22 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, Mr. Nobody is just great at being a villain. He knows how to take these heroes apart. Poor Cyborg.

Old Post May 7th, 2019 10:56 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It also helps when you can literally do damn near anything you want to. I'm guessing that if they do defeat him, the Negative Spirit will play a role. It was what got them out of his donkey dimension last time IIRC, and was mentioned as having properties that transcend time and space, or something along those lines, in a recent episode.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 11:49 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Flex Mentallo? Didn't expect him to pop-up. blink

Old Post May 12th, 2019 12:00 PM