KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Doom Patrol

Doom Patrol
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hehe, felt bad for flex.

Old Post May 12th, 2019 10:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh shit the ending of that last episode...

Old Post May 19th, 2019 09:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, apparently Niles [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was responsible for the 'accidents' that created each member of the Doom Patrol. What a dick...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 19th, 2019 09:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, and based on what was shown in the flashback episode with the cave woman, he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was likely creating scenarios in which to experiment with immortality/eternal life, and bestowing it to people in various ways, to see which works best. Because all of them do appear functionally immortal, in terms of aging, due to their various abilities.

Old Post May 20th, 2019 03:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have only sporadically have watched this.

prior to GoT series finale, i finished episode 5 of doom patrol..

i do feel i will be done by the time swamp thing becomes available

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2019 03:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kinda confusing, Chief wants to be immortal but....dude hasn't aged since like 1918.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 02:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, apparently Niles [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was responsible for the 'accidents' that created each member of the Doom Patrol. What a dick...

I hope it's a kind of "he knew he'd need a team to fight Mr. Nobody" thing. Not just him being a mad scientist dickhead.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 25th, 2019 05:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I hope it's a kind of "he knew he'd need a team to fight Mr. Nobody" thing. Not just him being a mad scientist dickhead.

Heh no it's "cuz immortality" lol.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 06:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, he at least had reasons that were more than just greed, so it wasn't too bad. That was the finale, right? Looking forward to next season.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2019 12:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What a great season. Legit impressed with how metafictional concepts like this were handled on-screen. Definitely want to see more. thumb up

On a sidenote, Mr. Nobody has to be one of the most powerful characters I have ever seen...in any media.

"I'm powerful enough to control this entire streaming service if I wanted to!" laughing out loud

Old Post May 26th, 2019 10:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched the first ep and I wasn't that impressed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 28th, 2019 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

New episodes begin in 1 week. Here is a trailer that also shows some of the new villains:

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 18th, 2020 at 03:19 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 03:17 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Surtur
New episodes begin in 1 week. Here is a trailer that also shows some of the new villains:

Cant wait.
It'll be awesome having 2 quality comic based TV shows on air at the same time (DP, and Stsrgirl). Now if only we'd get a release date for the HBO Green Lantern (that hopefully will be decent also)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 06:03 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Umbrella Academy is out too soon.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:38 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Umbrella Academy is out too soon.

If only Netflix could still make Daredevil, and DCU were still making (hadnt cancelled ) Swamp thing. If they could and the Boys season 2 was on prime plus Watchmen having second season on HBO that (with Unbrella acadamy) would be every quality made superhero show on at/around the same time.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:48 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
If only Netflix could still make Daredevil, and DCU were still making (hadnt cancelled ) Swamp thing. If they could and the Boys season 2 was on prime plus Watchmen having second season on HBO that (with Unbrella acadamy) would be every quality made superhero show on at/around the same time.
I liked Punisher too, I thought it was great. I hated Watchmen tbh. It was a terrible show imho.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:52 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I liked Punisher too, I thought it was great. I hated Watchmen tbh. It was a terrible show imho.

I ca t recall Punisher, so I'm thinking I havent seen it. Watchmen for me wasnt up there with Doom Patrol, Swamp thing, Daredevil, the Boys or Umbrella Acadamy (which are by far the stand out superhero TV shows), but I'd put it in the same league with stargirl (that I'm quite enjoying) just above Titans, Lucifer and Luke cage. Once you get past LC the quility starts dropping like blazes. There arare some several superhero shows I still enjoy, but its more despite the lack of quality. For example I love watching Legends but more as a comedy spoof. Jessica Jones was ok season 1, but season 2 wrecked it. Defenders was enjoyable but so damn slow. We didnt need 5 eps of character building for characters we'd already seen in their series.

If only certain films of the DCEU had been done by more of the creative forces behind the DCU

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 02:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Watched the first 3 episodes of S02.

Not impressed so far.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 06:14 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watch episode 1 of S02 it was O.K.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2020 08:51 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They really f*cked over Red Jack in this.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2020 02:55 PM