KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Doom Patrol

Doom Patrol
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was enjoying the pilot up until the gay kiss.

Not for anything to do with the gay kiss. Every time I see an ideological retooling of a comic book character, my brain gets stuck into an endless loop of "But why?"

You know, the same as with any politics. I always want to know whats happening behind the curtain, what the driving forces are, whether someones literally paying for good press, or whether there's a cynical drive to cash in on a target audience, or whether there happens to be some producers behind the scenes in key positions pushing their own thing, or what.

You never really know what's REALLY happening, know what I mean?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:19 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Episode 2 gets even better.

But why is Cyborg in it? Was he in the original comic run?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 12:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Steele & Stone!

Robots Live In My Town

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 9th, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 11:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I kind of agree with Negative Man about the parasite.

In Jane's case, they always lived there. Now imagine if someone else moved in, suddenly. And no one liked him. Because he played the music really loud all the time, and never let anyone else have a turn controlling the body.

Think Jane or Hammerhead or whoever might feel different then?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 12:43 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure Jane was never over the top ***** in the comics anyways, this is something they did "For da drama".

Same with Negative Man and his hollier then thou attitude.

Robotmans change I like though. He was alwaya the team debbie downer, but now he's like a robot Homer Simpson.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2020 05:15 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Into the home stretch of season 1.

Love Flex Mentallo.

If I was Flex or Sparky, I would have just gone for it, either snapping those wires even as they entered the cell, or have sparky squeeze in there and kill them as they entered.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 01:27 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Pioneers of the Uncharted.

Just awesome.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
The Pioneers of the Uncharted.

Just awesome.

Cliffe has even more reason to hate the chief now.
After that final scene from last ep, Robotman will NEVER trust chief again

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 12:11 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
Cliffe has even more reason to hate the chief now.
After that final scene from last ep, Robotman will NEVER trust chief again

Yep, we're gonna get to see the fallout from that in today's episode(which I'll be watching in a little bit)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 07:51 PM
tkitna

So Cliffe can take a fall from space and be unscathed now? Lol. Love the show but come on man.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 03:30 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by tkitna
So Cliffe can take a fall from space and be unscathed now? Lol. Love the show but come on man.

I'm more curious how he actually managed to fall to worth given we left him last episode floating in the void of gravity less space

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 10:29 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just a fyi: Will Magnus built Cliff's body in the comics.

The guy who built the Metal Men.

No, I never read them. I don't know anyone who did.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 02:13 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by cdtm
Just a fyi: Will Magnus built Cliff's body in the comics.

The guy who built the Metal Men.

No, I never read them. I don't know anyone who did.

Since when

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/My...sue-80?id=68994

That is issue 80 of my Greatest Adventure, the debut of the Doom Patrol and it was most definitely the chief that created Robotman not Magnus.

The same was depicted in Morrison's run that the show sticks pretty close too

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 03:04 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tkitna

Does it really contradict anything?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 05:55 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
Since when

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/My...sue-80?id=68994

That is issue 80 of my Greatest Adventure, the debut of the Doom Patrol and it was most definitely the chief that created Robotman not Magnus.

The same was depicted in Morrison's run that the show sticks pretty close too

Could have sworn he says it in the first issue of Morrison's run. I haven't read earlier DP, but Will definitely said "Do you remember me? I built the Metal Men. I also designed your body".

Or something.

After it gets scrapped and Will makes the black replacement, Caulder does tear his work down as amateur hour, so no denying he knows robotics.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 06:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 06:41 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by cdtm
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Do...e-19?id=41828#9

Here it is. Page 9.

I do recall something about Magnus building Cliff's second body. The one he got after he and the rest of the original team were "killed" by General Imortus. We haven't gotten that far innthe story of the DP yet. Hell they havent even met Imortus

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 02:21 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

This
(please log in to view the image)

Was the body I remember Magnus building

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 02:29 PM
tkitna

I'm so tired of Dorthy. She is so annoying that I hope the candlemaker kills her.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 9th, 2020 11:28 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I stopped watching a few episodes ago. This season just didn't pull me in like last season did.

Might binge season 2 after it's wrapped up, just to see if it has better watchability that way.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2020 01:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote