KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Umbrella Academy

The Umbrella Academy
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Should finish up season 2 tonight. Love the show. The soundtrack for every episode has been great too.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 06:18 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

i was just gonna say..... the soundtrack is great. thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 07:00 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

5 episodes in and this season is very lackluster. the acting is really bad. the wigs that they wear should go back to the wig department. the soundtrack sucks, but i guess they couldn't get permission from the actual owners of the music

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 02:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Finished it tonight and loved it. Cant wait for the next installment.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 08:19 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
5 episodes in and this season is very lackluster. the acting is really bad. the wigs that they wear should go back to the wig department. the soundtrack sucks, but i guess they couldn't get permission from the actual owners of the music

Damn tell us how you really feel

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 09:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm on episode 5, really enjoying it.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 09:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Finished the season... Really enjoyed it overall.

The only part I didn't care for was the Vanya/lesbian plot. Didn't really see the need for it at all, but Ellen Grace is a lesbian irl so I'm sure she helped them come up with that #Woke sideplot.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 10:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Great show. Number 5 really makes it one, imo

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 03:04 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Finished the season... Really enjoyed it overall.

The only part I didn't care for was the Vanya/lesbian plot. Didn't really see the need for it at all, but Ellen Grace is a lesbian irl so I'm sure she helped them come up with that #Woke sideplot.

I thought her name was Ellen Page?

Anyways yeah that story line felt forced. I wonder if the character is gay in the comics.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 04:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stringer
Great show. Number 5 really makes it one, imo
thumb up

Originally posted by Surtur
I thought her name was Ellen Page?

Anyways yeah that story line felt forced. I wonder if the character is gay in the comics.
It is... Dunno why I said Grace.

But yeah, the random lesbian #Wokeness was crammed in for literally no reason. I don't think Vanya's sexuality was ever explored in the comics(pretty sure the dyke thing was only done for the show), but it's been a while since I read UA.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 4th, 2020 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 04:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well on wiki her full name is listed as Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page.

And I'd be genuinely curious what the writers felt making her a lesbian added to the story.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 04:42 PM
DeadpoolXXX

added nothing at all.

remove the lez crap and the story remains the exact same. no way ellen page didnt have a hand in that plotline, given how stupidly outspoken she is regarding all things in the gay community.

she probably told them she wouldnt return for season two unless they made her character gay.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 04:50 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

5 is the only redeemable character

there was no need for the lesbian subplotcharacter is an

so colm feore's character is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an alien

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 01:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell of a first episode.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2020 09:35 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awful show, no point to it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2020 03:40 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vanya is the most annoying character. And I think they made her a lesbian just so they could throw in this plot about how gay people were treated back in the 1960s.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2020 07:40 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

The show is so bad I am sorry I wasted time watching

Old Post Aug 16th, 2020 11:25 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

It is... Dunno why I said Grace.

But yeah, the random lesbian #Wokeness was crammed in for literally no reason. I don't think Vanya's sexuality was ever explored in the comics(pretty sure the dyke thing was only done for the show), but it's been a while since I read UA.
My analysis too, Diego really became the most likeable character. I am in favour of LGBT rights etc., but that plot just seemed shoe horned and added nothing. Ellen Page used to be really pretty but not so much now.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 10:16 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
5 is the only redeemable character

there was no need for the lesbian subplotcharacter is an

so colm feore's character is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an alien

Yeah 5 is cool. And probably the most powerful besides Vanya.

We don't know what he is all we know is he isn't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: human. He could be from another planet or I dunno, could be like Abe Sapien or something, some kind of creature native to Earth.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 02:00 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Season 3: 4 episodes in, enjoyable.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 01:18 PM