KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)

KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phil
Grandmaster?
Tangent Superman? [I'm not saying skyfather, obviously]
Deask, The proto-Gorr?

It's really hard to think of skyfather that are not 1-2-arcs, lol.
Btw Galan, I think Grayven was voted for mid-herald.
Hm. GM has some solid highs, and also some laughable lows. I want to say maybe HH for him, but I'm not sure.
Tangent Superman- Trans
Desak- Trans

*Fixed Grayven.

Originally posted by MrMind
How would all of the metal dark knights be placed
Good question. They'd probably range from HM to HH.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Galan007
Hm. GM has some solid highs, and also some laughable lows. I want to say maybe HH for him, but I'm not sure.
Tangent Superman- Trans
Desak- Trans

*Fixed Grayven.

Good question. They'd probably range from HM to HH.

really? I was under the imrpession that they are trans to skyfather level

for example Dawnbreaker killed all the Guardians and numbers of GL corps members in his universe

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 06:00 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Right, but we don't really know how powerful those alternates were.

I feel like maybe if we stretch some of the feats there might be the potential for some of them to be trans, but skyfather? I don't see it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 06:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Right, but we don't really know how powerful those alternates were.

I feel like maybe if we stretch some of the feats there might be the potential for some of them to be trans, but skyfather? I don't see it.

I say some of them are def trans, they were swatting the heroes of the main universe away like flies too. The dark knights are insanely durable, the good guys only won through Nth plot advice metal.

Devastator should be Trans
He's as fast as superman, has beaten Superman and bfred Lobo

He beats Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Firestorm and Wally West off panel
https://i.imgur.com/JkjW66H.jpg
he knocks away Supergirl, Superwoman and Guardian easily
https://imgur.com/a/Fpupg

But then again the dark knights don't have enough feats so...

Last edited by MrMind on Apr 19th, 2019 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:24 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Dark Nights have a special 'we are dark matter Universe stuff' that gives them a stupid advantage - as seen against Superman. That makes it hard to rank them.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:39 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

grandmaster is likely the most powerful of all the elders--at least historically. he could certainly be seen as a definite skyfather by earlier feats imo, but he does have some poor feats as well, especially more recently. hard to place him based on the wildly different feats but i guess i'd settle at trans, though i think that is putting too much weight on his lesser showings. /shrug

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 05:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Let's take current Superman off the list

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 08:05 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Seconded

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 02:04 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Agreed

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 02:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd agree to it, but only if he was also banned from most VS threads too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 02:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I agree with both. Superman being banned from vs threads for a few months, at the very least, would be interesting in itself.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 03:46 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Do it. Give the ban reason as because he's too powerful. Sit back and laugh as Carver et Al beg for Supes to be allowed.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 03:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do it. Give the ban reason as because he's too powerful. Sit back and laugh as Carver et Al beg for Supes to be allowed.

Well, I mean, he kind of is.

If we're taking him off of the list, the primary reason has to be that we're recognizing and accepting his nature as being "powerful enough to beat whatever villain is put in front of him" as it pertains to the board. So it wouldn't even be a lie.

Then again, we could always go the Hulk route and split him up in to versions, but that could get messy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 04:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Way too messy, especially with Dr Manhattan running around.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 05:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, I mean, he kind of is.

If we're taking him off of the list, the primary reason has to be that we're recognizing and accepting his nature as being "powerful enough to beat whatever villain is put in front of him" as it pertains to the board. So it wouldn't even be a lie.

Then again, we could always go the Hulk route and split him up in to versions, but that could get messy.
I'm on board with banning Supes for a bit. Maybe see how Doomsday Clock fleshes out and go from there(if he kills Manhattan, he just needs to be retired from the versus forum all together, lol.)

He's just too much at this point. I think he's proven that there really isn't anyone he can't beat in an all-out/full capacity setting. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 5th, 2019 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 05:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, though I feel like it's just DC confirming what a lot of us have been saying for a while now, so it's not like it's a shock either. People would just have to get used to not being able to use him in fights.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 05:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Superman has been doing shit like this for a LONG time. But in the past 10-15 years especially, it seems like he's doing it more and more frequently... To the point where it has basically become his norm, and can no longer be downplayed as an 'outlier' or w/e. It's well established that, when push comes to shove, there's really nothing he can't do... No one he can't beat. That IS part of his powerset -- probably the most important/fundamental aspect of his powerset, in all honesty.

At this point nearly any Superman thread that is created or bumped is just a bait thread, imo.

{edit}
And I did strike Superman from the list for now, and left a note about 'why' underneath.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 5th, 2019 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 06:04 PM
Sensui

thumb up

Superman has been doing shit like this for a LONG time. But in the past 10-15 years especially, it seems like he's doing it more and more frequently... To the point where it has basically become his norm, and can no longer be downplayed as an 'outlier' or w/e. It's well established that, when push comes to shove, there's really nothing he can't do... No one he can't beat. That IS part of his powerset -- probably the most important/fundamental aspect of his powerset, in all honesty.

At this point nearly any Superman thread that is created or bumped is just a bait thread, imo.

{edit}
And I did strike Superman from the list for now, and left a note about 'why' underneath.

I think you should also remove the Silver Age Kryptonians as well.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 07:00 PM
Sensui is currently offline Click here to Send Sensui a Private Message Find more posts by Sensui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

thumb up

{edit}
I agree, Superman stomps Goku. thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 08:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

why ban superman threads though

if the consensus is superman is too powerful for his current tier

then we can make matches of him vs skyfathers or cosmic beings

we just treat him being more powerful that's all

there are so many characters with uber feats in comics, I don't know why superman is getting this special treatment

the flame and discussions of superman threads are what's bringing the traffic in the vs forum

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 09:35 PM