KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)

KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Depends if we're talking about random/no-name Talons, or a specific noteworthy Talon like Calvin Rose. If the former, then yeah, I could realistically see them being MS-ish(HS at the absolute most), as guys like Batman and Bane have fodderized them without much trouble. If the latter, then I could see Calvin potentially being LM, as he did do very well against Bane and his Venom enhanced minions -- he'd certainly be no less than HS, imo. /shrug

On the topic of Talons(since we have a few empty slots open in this round of proposals), what about the Gotham Butcher(Felix Harmon)? MM?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 10:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So again, here are the current proposals:

quote:
Captain Nazi- HM
Lord Satanus- Trans
Asmodel- HH
Nate Grey- HH
Black Widow- HS
Bane (w Venom)- LM
Talon- LM
Gotham Butcher (Felix Harmon)- MM

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 10:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Captain Nazi- HM
Lord Satanus- Trans
Asmodel- HH
already mentioned

Nate Grey- HH
He absolutely is on this level imo, I see him beating almost all the mid herald except Captain Atom and Alex Nero. and He can beat a lot of the High Herald too, people like WW, Zatanna, Thor etc have no chance against him
Him being pure energy form meaning he will be very hard to kill. His Psi, TK, TP so powerful that it rival the likes of phoenix force
He can do ridiculous shit like freeze time, or enter planck length exist out of time and seeing everyone's past present future. or simply exist outside of reality
can teleport to other realities, Psi constructs that can hurt the likes of Thanos.
exist as pure astral energy, if his physical body dies his astral form can resurrects himself back
this is what he used to do, I heard he's even more powerful now though I didn't read his current uncanny x-men

Black Widow- MS
Bane (w Venom)- LM
Yeah he's way stronger than his pre-52 self. Though the meta tier is so stacked up and Street tiers need people
Talon- HS
Gotham Butcher (Felix Harmon)- defer

Last edited by MrMind on Feb 24th, 2019 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 02:25 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

to add 2 more and make it 10 even
David Cain- HS
Citizen Steel- MH

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 04:54 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

From Phil:

quote:

- I don't see Nate/Cable as dividing lines between tiers, since neither of them are in the upper one. The same reason John Stewart/Guy & Baz/Jessica aren't dividing - because they all fit at mid. There's too many inside the tier that are around that area of power [besides the two aforementioned lanterns and Beta Ray]: J'onn, Graviton, Loki [we'll see, won't we? hehe], Blue Marvel, Morg, Captain Atom, Count Nefaria etc.
- Black Widow isn't a tier above the likes of Tim Drake [w/equipment], Punisher, Deadshot, Moonknight and whatnot.
- just having superhuman stats [i.e. strength/healing and whatnot] doesn't make you low meta, as we define the tier. The Talons would get beat by many in the high street

-I see Nate as above all the characters mentioned, and FP Cable at the level or just superior to all of those.
-Punisher should definitely be HS as well. BW is above Tim Drake, and belongs in the same tier as Elektra and Daredevil, even if they rep the upper end of that tier.
- Right, depends on the Talon.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 05:48 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

As an edit: I wouldn’t put X-Man above all versions of Capt Atom, but I would place him above Capt Atom as he was at the original tiers thread.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 07:24 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
-I see Nate as above all the characters mentioned, and FP Cable at the level or just superior to all of those.
-Punisher should definitely be HS as well. BW is above Tim Drake, and belongs in the same tier as Elektra and Daredevil, even if they rep the upper end of that tier.
- Right, depends on the Talon.
- Nate/Cable - I know you do, that's why you proposed it. I don't. I guess we'll see what the others say.
- I disagree about Black Widow above Tim Drake. Actually, given his equipment, I actually see it the reverse, and him a tier above her. I don't even see Black Widow as the top of her own tier, never mind in the next one - and if we have to start moving The Punisher, Moon Knight, Deadshot etc. to justify her, I'd rather not. A stalemate against Elektra [which, I'm assuming, is part of why you proposed her] doesn't make her high street, anymore than Catman stalemating Batman does.
- Talon - thumb up

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 24th, 2019 at 09:21 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 09:15 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

She's also beaten Crossbones and I think Punisher. Some people respect Punisher's h2h skills and other don't in his recent showing against Iron Fist it's pretty clear he could take him in h2h without him channeling the Iron Fist. Punisher was able to go up against the Avengers and did pretty well considering. So yeah Punisher and Black Widow deserve to be in HS, maybe I could even argue that Punisher desrves to be in low-meta due to standard equipment and his damage soak.

Not sure what Crossbones had been doing recently but he's got good showings as well.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 11:46 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by MrMind
Gotham Butcher (Felix Harmon)- defer
Regarding Felix...
Originally posted by Galan007
Even as a child(before being injected with the Talon serum that massively amped his physical stats), Felix was capable of lifting/holding the full weight of a locomotive:
https://i.imgur.com/Hv67wKq.jpg

He was also capable of effortlessly slaughtering Talons:
https://i.imgur.com/1zr84Zb.jpg

He also stomped the living shit out of the amped Calvin Rose(with all his gear) easily:
https://imgur.com/a/hozi8

And after being blown into several pieces/decapitated, Felix STILL wasn't dead and actually began healing... He has to be kept in an absolute zero prison indefinitely to prevent his return:
https://i.imgur.com/b4JfXVh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4ZGa7WL.jpg

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 12:56 PM
MrMind

Originally posted by Galan007
Regarding Felix...

thumb up thumb up

Dude is a badass, cool desgin, great art

How was Talon series? I always liked the batman related characters stories more than the main book.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Talon series was surprisingly good. You should definitely read it. thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:38 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Philosophía
- Nate/Cable - I know you do, that's why you proposed it. I don't. I guess we'll see what the others say.
- I disagree about Black Widow above Tim Drake. Actually, given his equipment, I actually see it the reverse, and him a tier above her. I don't even see Black Widow as the top of her own tier, never mind in the next one - and if we have to start moving The Punisher, Moon Knight, Deadshot etc. to justify her, I'd rather not. A stalemate against Elektra [which, I'm assuming, is part of why you proposed her] doesn't make her high street, anymore than Catman stalemating Batman does.
- Talon - thumb up
Stalemating Elektra is one example of Marvel treating Widow as a HS character. So is trashing Punisher, beating Crossbones, beating Lady Bullseye, being treated as clearly better than Fury. All of those are in MS.

Plus way better marksmanship feats, etc. Her old tier placing at LS pre-dated the MCU. She's practically a different character nowadays.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 05:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She was retconned to be enhanced by the Red Room variant of the SSS, btw.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Stalemating Elektra is one example of Marvel treating Widow as a HS character. So is trashing Punisher, beating Crossbones, beating Lady Bullseye, being treated as clearly better than Fury. All of those are in MS.

Plus way better marksmanship feats, etc. Her old tier placing at LS pre-dated the MCU. She's practically a different character nowadays.

When did she trash Punisher? I thought trash means to own?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:13 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Deadline
When did she trash Punisher? I thought trash means to own?
Secret Empire #7 https://imgur.com/a/eQLE1

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:14 PM
Philosophía

So is trashing Punisher, beating Crossbones, beating Lady Bullseye, being treated as clearly better than Fury. All of those are in MS.

She had an even fight with Punisher once:
https://imgur.com/a/NIY70

Then she lost the fight against him in close quarters, and used weapons from the environment, as he had his back turned and was walking towards the weapon, in order to win:
https://imgur.com/a/eQLE1

Are these what you're referring to? The ones you call trashing?

She's also lost to Bucky, while she had Captain America's shield, too:
https://imgur.com/a/9EO9k

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:18 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Secret Empire #7 https://imgur.com/a/eQLE1

OK maybe the second page is a bit hard to read with all those panel, but how did she own him? I mean she got knocked down at one point and you can see she's wounded.....

EDIT: Hate to say this but it looks like she almost lost the fight against Frank which Phil seems to be implying since she used weapons from the envinronment.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:21 PM
Smurph
------

OK maybe the second page is a bit hard to read with all those panel, but how did she own him? I mean she got knocked down at one point and you can see she's wounded.....
I can reword: decisively beat, instead of trash? Punisher gets the jump on her, armed to the teeth, they trade blows in close quarters, and she disables him and wins. It's just clearly a tier above in terms of skill etc, although I'd push for Punisher to be HS anyways, largely because of his gear.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:25 PM
Philosophía

The weapons she used are the ones Frank dropped. Nevertheless, Frank had her down, and walked away, which gave her the opportunity to use them.

Furthermore, within the forum, the fight starts 0.5 km apart, in a featureless environment. Not in an apartment, where she can get close quarters.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:25 PM
Smurph
------

EDIT: Hate to say this but it looks like she almost lost the fight against Frank which Phil seems to be implying since she used weapons from the envinronment.
Weapons from the environment? Frank pulled those knives, she disarmed him and used them against him.

It's a clear victory, no matter what context you want to emphasize.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 06:27 PM