KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2020 Presidential Election Discussion

Who will be the Democratic Nominee?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Biden 17 27.42%
Sanders 15 24.19%
Harris 5 8.06%
Klobuchar 2 3.23%
Warren 3 4.84%
Castro 1 1.61%
Michelle Obama 7 11.29%
Cory Booker 2 3.23%
Tulsi Gabbard 4 6.45%
Pete Buttigieg 0 0%
Yang 6 9.68%
Total: 62 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2020 Presidential Election Discussion
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (522): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
My early guess is Harris will be the nominee. Though I think Biden would probably have the easiest time beating Trump in the general election.

Kamala Harris is easily my least favorite among them. If she wins the primary I will unironically buy a MAGA hat and wear it to the voting booth in 2020

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 12:24 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Kamala Harris is easily my least favorite among them. If she wins the primary I will unironically buy a MAGA hat and wear it to the voting booth in 2020

^ Mark it on your calendars, KMCers. November 3rd 2020 is the day DMB will reach his final form.

We all knew it was coming, but still.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 12:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

Dunno much about her... What's so bad about her?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 01:04 AM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

If Michelle Obama actually runs I think she'd be borderline unstoppable. I don't think she will, though.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 01:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by mike brown
Dunno much about her... What's so bad about her?

Oh where to begin...

1. Pandering further to the economic left- almost every candidate is doing this, it's not really a surprise or unique to her, but it is a tick against her in my book. When she goes so far on healthcare that she says she wants to eliminate private health insurance as an option. She also openly supports and defends the Green New Deal which is one of the most radical economic proposals to come out of the democratic party that I've witnessed in my lifetime.

2. She is the candidate of intersectionality in this race- So a lot of people on the left are advocates of the intersectional identitarian ideology, which I find personally abhorrent, and she is pushing this harder than any other 2020 primary candidate. I'm not a fan of identitarian ideologies, not when the alt-right does it, and not when the intersectional left does it, I think it's toxic, I think it supports governmental and corporate policies that discriminate against people based on their race/sex/etc. (which she also supports), and I think it is divisive and destructive to the cultural fabric of America. I have my problems with Bernie Sanders, but at the end of the day he's someone with the integrity to say don't judge people or vote for people based on their race or sex, which Kamala Harris disagrees with for some ****ing reason.

3. Criminal Justice- Criminal justice is actually one of the few areas I agree with the democrats more than the republicans on, however even with this I don't really trust Kamala Harris on this given her record as a state attorney general where she desired to criminally prosecute parents for truancy. The fact that I prefer the democrats to the republicans on this issue makes this worse for her, since she's beneath the baseline of one of the few things I look at the democrats favorably on.

4. Typical Democrat Social Issues (Abortion and Gun Control)- I'll address gun control first, not uniquely to Kamala Harris she's not someone I would trust to uphold the second amendment very well and spews the ridiculous unsophisticated rhetoric about "banning assault weapons." Abortion now... oh ho ho where to begin, she believes in a woman's "unrestricted right to choose" is in favor of late term abortions and thinks they should be paid for by the taxpayer, and as one of the Democrat 2020 candidates currently in the senate voted against a bill to protect the life of babies after they're born in botched abortion attempts. That just quite frankly disgusts me.

5. She gives me a Hillaryesque feel- Other democrats like Obama, or Bernie Sanders, or Beto, or even AOC as much as I dislike her, all feel sincere and all possess a sort of human charisma, they seem actually convicted by their ideals and seem to actually be able to relate to the public. But with Kamala Harris whenever I see a video of her or hear her speak, she has this really unsettling plastic or manufactured feel to her. She feels more like someone who will be propped up and extolled by the corporate media than someone who will ride a wave of sincere grassroots enthusiasm. This in conjunction with her obvious pandering to the criminal justice sensibilities of the left as a 2020 candidate, yet pursuit of some sketchy law enforcement shit to her own ideological ends and professional career as an attorney general, gives me the impression that she is more of a political opportunist and career politician than a more principled and sincere political actor. She feels like a manufactured corporate media candidate, a career politician, and an elitist.

Now most of these aren't unique to her, but the way they stack up for her specifically make her a uniquely horrible candidate from my vantage point.

Looking at the other candidates for example...

I could definitely ascribe 1 and 4 to someone like Bernie Sanders, he is pretty far to the left economically (likely moreso than anyone else running), and he's also very in favor of gun control and is one of the senators who voted against the Bill to protect the lives of those born in failed abortions. However he doesn't feel like a manufactured elitist career politician, I actually trust him with criminal justice, and though he rants about racism and sexism he's not the same kind of intersectional lunatic Kamala Harris is.

I could ascribe 4 to Beto O'Rourke, though at least he's not on ****ing record voting against the bill the democrats in the senate voted against. Any of the democrats are too far to the left economically for my liking, but Beto did actually support lower corporate tax rates in his senate run in 2018 so there's some hope there, he doesn't feel manufactured and actually has grassroots support, he's not a divisive intersectional nut, and I would actually trust him with criminal justice. He's the candidate I least dislike on the left.

I could definitely ascribe 2 4 and 5 to Kirsten Gillibrand, half of her twitter is just her spewing feminist nonsense about shit like the mythical wage gap, she's also extremely pro-choice, and she's a very flip floppy candidate on a lot of issues who strikes me as a political opportunist. I'm not familiar enough with her economic or criminal justice policies to make a judgment on 1 or 3.

I could tick Elizabeth Warren with at least 2 3 and 4, given her absurd stance on abortion as well, her wage gap and diversity quota shit, and she doesn't make me feel the most comfortable on criminal justice. I could maybe slap 1 on her as well, but I'm not feeling the 5 as much.

Cory Spartacus Booker I could slap a 1 2 and 4 on, given his pandering further to the left on, his repeated identity baiting, and again the vote against an unobjectionable bill to protect the lives of babies after they're born. But he's not giving me the 3 or 5 vibes.

And that's kinda the basic idea.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Last edited by Emperordmb on Feb 28th, 2019 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 04:40 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I hope the poor horses can take a 4 years of President....

KLOBULCHER!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 05:45 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

5. She gives me a Hillaryesque feel- Other democrats like Obama, or Bernie Sanders, or Beto, or even AOC as much as I dislike her, all feel sincere and all possess a sort of human charisma, they seem actually convicted by their ideals and seem to actually be able to relate to the public. But with Kamala Harris whenever I see a video of her or hear her speak, she has this really unsettling plastic or manufactured feel to her. She feels more like someone who will be propped up and extolled by the corporate media than someone who will ride a wave of sincere grassroots enthusiasm. This in conjunction with her obvious pandering to the criminal justice sensibilities of the left as a 2020 candidate, yet pursuit of some sketchy law enforcement shit to her own ideological ends and professional career as an attorney general, gives me the impression that she is more of a political opportunist and career politician than a more principled and sincere political actor. She feels like a manufactured corporate media candidate, a career politician, and an elitist.

Ah **** I just remembered she's the one who slept her way into political relevance. **** lol. Shit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 09:44 PM
mike brown

Who did she ****?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:17 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Willie Brown, who admits to giving her favorable career treatment as a result. (And he was married at the time)

Seems both Kamala and Trump are both morally deficient when it comes to adultery.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:32 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Ive read stories and seen talk on reddit about how Harris was a big time **** in SF in her earlier years, and she was sleeping around to get to the top.

Ah **** I just remembered she's the one who slept her way into political relevance. **** lol. Shit.

"Former S.F. Mayor Willie Brown writes about dating Kamala Harris, appointing her to posts"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ter/2695143002/

thumb up

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:36 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Notice how the most morally deficient person (Harris) already has 4 votes and the only reason she doesn't have more is that Michelle Obama is on the poll.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

Seems both Kamala and Trump are both morally deficient when it comes to adultery.
I honestly expect nothing less from anyone who wants to call themselves my president. JFK >>>>

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:39 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Notice how the most morally deficient person (Harris) already has 4 votes and the only reason she doesn't have more is that Michelle Obama is on the poll.

Well tbf, are those votes of favoritism or votes of expectation for her to win the primary?

I feel like Putinbot actually supports her, though I'll give Robtard the benefit of the doubt.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:45 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you a story about Putinbot meeting Harris for the first timesmile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:47 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

The left will say she earned her way to the Top, her former boyfriend with influence and power basically said she slept her way to the top, who do you think the left will believe, her or him?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 10:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

“But Trump”

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Willie Brown, who admits to giving her favorable career treatment as a result. (And he was married at the time)

So she’s definitely fit to be POTUS on the morals issue then, is what you’re saying?

To your other post, I didn’t vote for Harris in the poll, so you’re correct.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

****'s sake Robtard, stop using that ****ing apostrophe.

Well what I'm saying is it means she doesn't get a character advantage in that regard.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Use the quick-quote function to quote when people are posting using a shitty Apple device. Get with it.

I get that, but attacking a candidate on their weak morals while supporting a POTUS who’s shown nigh zero morals is silly.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:35 PM