KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2020 Presidential Election Discussion

Who will be the Democratic Nominee?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Biden 17 27.42%
Sanders 15 24.19%
Harris 5 8.06%
Klobuchar 2 3.23%
Warren 3 4.84%
Castro 1 1.61%
Michelle Obama 7 11.29%
Cory Booker 2 3.23%
Tulsi Gabbard 4 6.45%
Pete Buttigieg 0 0%
Yang 6 9.68%
Total: 62 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2020 Presidential Election Discussion
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (522): « First ... « 517 518 [519] 520 521 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Maybe they do...maybe they do not. It doesn't really matter because it's not about who is right and who is wrong. It's their feelings and you cannot argue against them. The best bet is to understand them.

I have no idea what the makeup is for this group...I have assume some are downright bad....but I also think some were/are good people who got caught up in this. From what I read in the news and comments from various online platforms, a lot of people are getting screwed over by people in power (rich, elected leaders, corporations) and having people tell them "yeah, your problems are not actual problems, go **** yourself" is a recipe for shit like this.

But I think it's disingenuous to think this is all based on racism and a sense of white entitlement. They are major contributors for sure, will not disagree with that...but it seems to more than just that.
I think you make some good points, but beyond entitlement it's about intergenerationally poor education and cultures prejudice. It's about "I'm doing badly, I need someone to blame". And, I take your point, these people need help and hope too.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 02:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, I would agree it was a multitude of problems....and education is absolutely correct.

I'm Canadian so I can't really understand what the hell is going on....but to me...it was a powder keg, slowly gaining pressure and Trump and Co....exploded it.

Some of the policy decisions Sanders was touting off are correct. Healthcare should be free, college education is ridiculously expensive (made worst by most companies requiring you to have an education) and should be heavily regulated. Wall Street/Financial sector should be heavily regulated.

But maybe I missed it..but I don't think I heard Sanders policies regarding how leaky America's laws seem to be. To me....it seems America's laws need a good ol re-imaging (workstation style)..

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, I would agree it was a multitude of problems....and education is absolutely correct.

I'm Canadian so I can't really understand what the hell is going on....but to me...it was a powder keg, slowly gaining pressure and Trump and Co....exploded it.

Some of the policy decisions Sanders was touting off are correct. Healthcare should be free, college education is ridiculously expensive (made worst by most companies requiring you to have an education) and should be heavily regulated. Wall Street/Financial sector should be heavily regulated.

But maybe I missed it..but I don't think I heard Sanders policies regarding how leaky America's laws seem to be. To me....it seems America's laws need a good ol re-imaging (workstation style)..
I agree bang on with everything you said. I'm a British expat fast approaching retirement who lives in Africa. I've lived on 4 continents and visited almost 60 distinct countries. Not including many separate US states, some like New York I have visited many times. I see America, less as one nation but more many different nations under one flag as an outsider. I'm not sure in some states the civil war ever ended. It does not have shared values or even shared laws tbh. US America that is, as Canada is also America and my preferred destination of the two.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jan 18th, 2021 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 03:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Canada is a bit the same in that regard. Due to the land mass, people from Newfoundland have different priorities than people from Alberta.

It generally works in most cases but you do hear the occasional separation talk from Quebec and Alberta....and while Quebec has come close...nothing has come down to it.

But are election process, laws and etc are different. The main difference is leader is tied to the elected party and in most cases, a Trump situation would most likely not occur because its the party's best interest to remove him.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 04:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canada is a bit the same in that regard. Due to the land mass, people from Newfoundland have different priorities than people from Alberta.

It generally works in most cases but you do hear the occasional separation talk from Quebec and Alberta....and while Quebec has come close...nothing has come down to it.

But are election process, laws and etc are different. The main difference is leader is tied to the elected party and in most cases, a Trump situation would most likely not occur because its the party's best interest to remove him.
it's funny you say that we were discussing Queen on here not that long ago in a thread. Fantastic place. But yeah, we even have that kind of feeling in the uk with some in NI, most in Scotland, Cornwall and to a point Wales. But in both Canada and the UK we do not have the strange far right thing... do we?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 06:07 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Queen = Quebec

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 06:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's hard to say....I do believe there is section of far right in Canada but I'm under the assumption its small. I would say it would stem from Alberta but I have to assume there is a group within Ontario.

My belief is that Canada is central-left, in general terms that is. The country can skew centre-right as well depending on situations. It's one of the reasons why the Liberal party does well within this country. In fact, the country has three types of left leaning parties (Liberals, New Democrats and Green) and the Liberal can still win.While the right leaning parties (Conservatives) had to merge together about 20 years ago to have a chance.

You saw it in the last election, the Prime Minister was going through a well known scandal but due to the Conseratives taking a more right leaning policy, they were only able to take enough seats to get minority government.

EDIT: And I will add that the Bloc Québécois always adds a wrinkle to elections! And there was a new party (People's Party of Canada)that was more right leaning than Conservatives created before the last election but they got trounced...even to a point where the leader of the party didn't even win his riding (which rarely happens)

Last edited by Smasandian on Jan 18th, 2021 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 08:31 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

made an error

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 05:29 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's hard to say....I do believe there is section of far right in Canada but I'm under the assumption its small. I would say it would stem from Alberta but I have to assume there is a group within Ontario.

My belief is that Canada is central-left, in general terms that is. The country can skew centre-right as well depending on situations. It's one of the reasons why the Liberal party does well within this country. In fact, the country has three types of left leaning parties (Liberals, New Democrats and Green) and the Liberal can still win.While the right leaning parties (Conservatives) had to merge together about 20 years ago to have a chance.

You saw it in the last election, the Prime Minister was going through a well known scandal but due to the Conseratives taking a more right leaning policy, they were only able to take enough seats to get minority government.

EDIT: And I will add that the Bloc Québécois always adds a wrinkle to elections! And there was a new party (People's Party of Canada)that was more right leaning than Conservatives created before the last election but they got trounced...even to a point where the leader of the party didn't even win his riding (which rarely happens)
I pretty much agree, Canada is mostly centre left. I really enjoyed that post btw, a lot to take in. Not much for me to comment on as it is self explanatory. Thanks mate

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 07:10 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Trump can only pardon people of federal crimes. He, his family, and members of his administration are being investigated in many different state jurisdictions, in particular, the Southern District of New York, where he maintains a residence. I am pretty sure Florida will extradite them to New York, as will every other state. There really is not place for them in the U.S. that is safe from prosecution.

Seems you could be correct: U.S. Supreme Court paves way for release of Trump's tax returns

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 05:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canada is pretty cool. It's a bit off sometimes, but it has its moments

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 06:57 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Pfft Canada with its social welfare freebies and welcoming immigrants. Clearly a communist nation. Oh lefties.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 09:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canada is fun! Free doughnuts!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 10:15 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Tim Hortons is overall average at best.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 10:52 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh Canada do do do do dudooo

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 11:24 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Source.

quote:
The Washington Post made a massive correction Monday to a January report about a phone call between then-President Donald Trump and Georgia elections investigator Frances Watson, admitting it wrongly attributed multiple quotes to Trump based on an anonymous source.

Washington Post is fake news.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 09:05 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

March 20th is quickly approaching, that's the new date Trumpers believe Trump is supposed to take over again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 07:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Stealing an election would require so much coordination.

I mean, the number of counties alone is staggering. Then there's reprogramming the machines, altering the paper ballots to match on recounts..

Republicans would pretty much need to be in on it, as he lost in Republican strongholds.

Which come to think of it isn't all that far fetched. Trump was so hated by everyone, I can see Republicans teaming up with Democrats to get rid of him. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 07:59 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Stealing an election would require so much coordination.

I mean, the number of counties alone is staggering. Then there's reprogramming the machines, altering the paper ballots to match on recounts..

Republicans would pretty much need to be in on it, as he lost in Republican strongholds.

Which come to think of it isn't all that far fetched. Trump was so hated by everyone, I can see Republicans teaming up with Democrats to get rid of him. laughing out loud

Yeah, well they had plenty of time to plan the coordination of it. They probably started planning it back before Covid was released onto the world. In fact, I still say that having that virus released (and yes, I still say it was done on purpose) helped give them some much needed cover during election time.

It gave the democrats a reason to scream that we had to go to widespread mail-in voting (which also made it MUCH easier for them to cheat) and gave the poll workers inside the vote counting areas an excuse to say that they needed at least six feet from the poll watchers.

Then of course there was all the problems with the voting machines, and the suspicious timing of when the poll workers stopped counting votes when Trump had a sizeable lead and then they rolled out hidden suitcases from under the tables (which is all on video , btw) and started counting those votes without poll watchers being present.

Then how when they finally came back Biden was winning suddenly in several swing states. Nah, nothing suspicious about that though, amirite? LOL.

And don't get me started on poll workers putting cardboard and pizza boxes up over the windows (which was also on video) so people couldn't see what was going on inside.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 16th, 2021 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 08:53 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, there was also the bogus claim from workers at the Georgia station that pipes burst or something which turned out to be a lie. They used that as an excuse to stop counting. All that happened that day was a toilet overflowed and that happened much earlier in the day. It was already long fixed by then.

Not only was this election stolen in a massive fraud operation, but they practically did it right in front of everyones' faces and yet many idiots still go around saying "I've seen no evidence of widespread fraud." Lmao.

Hell, Biden even slipped up by accidentally admitting on camera that they had put together the largest fraud operation in history or something to that effect.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 16th, 2021 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 09:01 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote