KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » weapon h vs superman

weapon h vs superman
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

Weapon X does have Domino's luck ability. And is possibly supersonic with having Pak Warpath's abilities(deflected bullets back at the shooter at least). He hasn't beat a speedster on Kal's level, but I'd guess that is where arguments for him tagging Supes would begin.

Very few feats to draw from, so not saying he definitely can or can't. He isn't just Wolverine+Hulk though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2019 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:27 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^

H*

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Imo, every Superman thread should be 'speed equalized' because it's boring otherwise, unless there's a Flash/Reverse Flash in there. It's like telepathy, but worse, because you don't have "resistance to speed". As an opponent, you're just...not starting the fight.

Either that, or we treat his actions in a fight as not making any sense, and something that no one would ever do.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 26th, 2019 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:42 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm guessing none of you lot game online, lmao.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm guessing none of you lot game online, lmao.
Ha, why?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Nobody has threatened to kill someone's family or called anyone an N-word Jim yet.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:46 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Philosophia
if we can't agree that "dodging is good. getting hit is bad." in regards, to Superman, well ...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...22#post16842989

I suppose you'll be perfectly fine in thinking Superman does not, in character, take unnecessary hits. Especially not if he has reason to think the opponent is strong and dangerous. And proved it by besting several of his Justice League teammates.

You'll be able to convince yourself of that for a very long time.

Just don't slip up and actually read any well-known Superman comic where he fights against a Hulk-like opponent.

Let alone any Hulk-like opponents with claws, of all #%^*ing things ...

Doomsday.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Konvikt.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 08:00 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Welcome back.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 08:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

The sigils have been broken.

Luciferian age is upon us.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 08:05 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 08:07 PM
DarkSaint85

Uh-oh, bluewater is now posting images instead of attaching them. He has evolved in his long period of training!

Edit: but good showing with a character with claws as long as...oh wait.

If THAT is what you call long, bluewater.....

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I bet carver is fuming.

"I just learned to explode scans, and this Conjuring Wannabe is thumbnailing them?"

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:03 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:05 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

and i'm not actually trying to drive phil crazy but it seems incredibly odd to me that we are so completely--and so often--willingly disregarding the very thing that gives us everything we ever talk about on here--namely the comics.

again, i would NOT say superman was dumb for deciding to take a hit--even a huge hit. he's been hit, literally, 1000s upon 1000s of times, and it rarely means anything to him. it is rare in comics where he actually EXPRESSES pain, and when he does, it is usually accompanied by sheer surprise. he doesn't 'not dodge' because he's dumb--at least not any dumber than we are for not jumping out of the way of an ant crawling on the sidewalk. the ant still hits me but do i care? i'm pretty sure this mentality has been expressed by superman on panel more than once. THAT mentality is every bit as reasonable as calling PIS in.....almost every single one of his appearances? is it really more reasonable to ignore almost every single showing than it is to accept an alternative explanation to PIS?

honest question for everyone, mods included: how often DOES something have to happen for it to be considered IN CHARACTER? phil and others say that wh should be a statue. in 99.999999% of his appearances, superman definitively does NOT see the world in that way. so how can it possibly be considered IN CHARACTER for him to see the world that way in a forum match?

it seems to me (i may well be alone here) that by saying yes, he can legit, and in character, see wh as a statue, that we are simply and blatantly ignoring the vast, vast VAST majority of superman's showings. wouldn't that disparity be enough to say that seeing wh that way WOULD and SHOULD be considered out of character? if not that, then....what, aside from saying superman tries to kill him, WOULD be ooc?

as i've said, there ARE legit reasons for superman NOT seeing the world this way, and even for getting hit: he'd be bored. he'd feel more alienated. he'd be further highlighting his differences from humans. habit. a genuine sense of near invulnerability. over confidence. a sincere belief he is simply more powerful than whomever he faces based on his huge number of victories. etc... none of those would indicate he is retarded, and all of them reflect areas of his CHARACTER that have been shown in comics--where his character is determined.

maybe i'm over thinking. lol but it feels like falling back on PIS all the time (which happens...a LOT here) really doesn't take into account the character of the character. it feels like the easy way to go and that route devolves quickly into power set battles. there are other forums for that--we usually make fun of them.

so, where is the line between full capacity and character? where do we draw the line between a tiny fraction of high feats and what is considered out of character? legit questions. and my 'hidden agenda' is really not so hidden. i'd just really like to see more, and better discussion in the forum. maybe looking more closely at what is and isn't out of character is a way to engender some of that.

end text wall.

(btw, good catch style--domino's luck power would almost guarantee wh gets in some hits, despite the fact that he is standing still or spinning in circles. :upsmile

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by StyleTime
Weapon X does have Domino's luck ability. And is possibly supersonic with having Pak Warpath's abilities(deflected bullets back at the shooter at least). He hasn't beat a speedster on Kal's level, but I'd guess that is where arguments for him tagging Supes would begin.

Very few feats to draw from, so not saying he definitely can or can't. He isn't just Wolverine+Hulk though.

Wait wait, he has Domino's luck ability AND Warpath's abilities? Can he fly to?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:21 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well, my take on this is.....Why are they fighting?

I'm not saying Superman enters this match bloodlusted, thinking Weapon H has just killed Lois. What I am saying is he enters the match determined to fight. He's not bored, he doesn't care about alienation, whatever. He's here to slug it out, he's here to win, he's not here to talk his opponent down or whatever.

He gets slashed (and this is ASSUMING as the blades pierce his skin, he doesn't flinch or realise he's getting slashed, whatever).

Then what? He now knows Weapon H can hurt him. As you say, he's not stupid.

What he do?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:21 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wait wait, he has Domino's luck ability AND Warpath's abilities? Can he fly to?

It's not been shown...He's meant to have all of Weapon Xs powers. Whether they stack or not is anybody's guess. He hasn't shown Domino's powers yet afaik, nor has he flown, but if we ARE assuming he has them, then we'll have to start sharing feats I guess.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:22 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...22#post16842989

I suppose you'll be perfectly fine in thinking Superman does not, in character, take unnecessary hits. Especially not if he has reason to think the opponent is strong and dangerous. And proved it by besting several of his Justice League teammates.

You'll be able to convince yourself of that for a very long time.

Just don't slip up and actually read any well-known Superman comic where he fights against a Hulk-like opponent.

Let alone any Hulk-like opponents with claws, of all #%^*ing things ...

Doomsday.

Konvikt.
or ya know...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:29 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's not been shown...He's meant to have all of Weapon Xs powers. Whether they stack or not is anybody's guess. He hasn't shown Domino's powers yet afaik, nor has he flown, but if we ARE assuming he has them, then we'll have to start sharing feats I guess.

thumb up

He definitely has Lady Deathstrike's adamantium nanobots stuff.

Otherwise he wouldn't be capable of switching between his Hulk and normal forms. Or popping his claws with his wrist bent. Or forming spikes, etc.

https://tinyurl.com/y5sapy6m

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:30 PM
DarkSaint85

My question is....Do people think Superman starts the match as what, human level in speed?

Why does that only affect Superman? I mean, Weapon H interacts with his wife, his kids. He doesn't live life at superspeed (assuming he has any). Yet, he starts the match.....At full capacity?

Why?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 10:33 PM