KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?

Movies that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That one is called Judge Dredd. Doesn't create much of a defense for Fly. He's pretty impossible to defend in almost every case! laughing out loud

But yes, Judge Dredd does count. It was pretty poorly liked all around. I can add that to my list, because I like it. It's a fun guilty pleasure. thumb up

That he is thumb up You can't expect him to remember movie titles, btw.

I liked it, too. More than 2012 Dredd, in fact. Maybe I'm just a sucker for films with Stallone.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 08:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Highlander when it came out got panned.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 10:03 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Highlander when it came out got panned.

Not by Scots. Well, Lambert's accent did. 😁

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 10:17 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The only thing that they got right with the Stallone Dredd movie was the look of Mega City One.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I like Rocky IV as well, which is 40% on RT so certified rotten

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:32 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The first Resident Evil movie for me that i like and it got alot of bad reviews from critics at the time.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Just thought of a few:

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Ironclad (2011)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Mar 9th, 2019 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 05:19 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan

That movie deserved to be hated by the critics and people alike.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 05:29 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
That movie deserved to be hated by the critics and people alike.
I thought it was in a so bad it's good category, and I liked the fight scenes.

When I was a kid I thought Liu Kang turning into a dragon was ****in sick, now-a-days it's silly but the point is I still find the movie entertaining.

Also Jax was my favorite Mortal Kombat character at the time, so having him in pretty much sealed it in my head.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 05:35 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I prefer to watch the first movie more myself

for a sequel you would think they would give it a higher budget then the first one but they didn't do that.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 05:36 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Not by Scots. Well, Lambert's accent did. 😁
I don't think he tried a Sotts accent. "Sheeps stomach stuffed with meat and barley".

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 10:26 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Had good reviews all around. Good lord, you are senile, Fly! Take your meds!

Hmmm... That is a Pretty Interesting ... especially seeing has how you Said something Totally Diff before you got to snuggle up to ANOTHER opinion of your own.....QUICK Sherman to the Wayback Machine!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

"Judgement Time." Bad line. Not sure what to think about this. Looks kind of gimmicky from the trailer. But should at least be worth a drunk viewing. The girl looks pretty.

Yeah, watching the trailer again, this really doesn't look any better than the Stallone version. That version is actually pretty entertaining, in a campy, over-the-top sort of way. The production value and just look of it is pretty entertaining.

Of course I guess I could have said that was my FEELING of How Dredd got treated when it FIRST Came out when all the Critics and Comic Book Movie Fans (So Called Fans That is) and DID NOT GIVE THIS MOVIE A CHANCE UNTIL it Bombed in the theaters because of their Biases Actions.

So yeah....

I would also add Last Action Hero to the List as well...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 10:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Batman V Superman

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 11:04 PM
TheIndyJedi is currently offline Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Jma....

Really?

Annihilation ANNIHILATED Mortal Kombat on the big screen.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 11:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Most Netflix titles get skewered by critics but I’ve enjoyed quite a few of them

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 11:36 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Terminator Genisys

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 01:21 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Todd1700

"Dune" by David Lynch.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 05:51 AM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Hmmm... That is a Pretty Interesting ... especially seeing has how you Said something Totally Diff before you got to snuggle up to ANOTHER opinion of your own.....QUICK Sherman to the Wayback Machine!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Of course I guess I could have said that was my FEELING of How Dredd got treated when it FIRST Came out when all the Critics and Comic Book Movie Fans (So Called Fans That is) and DID NOT GIVE THIS MOVIE A CHANCE UNTIL it Bombed in the theaters because of their Biases Actions.

So yeah....

I would also add Last Action Hero to the List as well...

You are truly deranged, Fly. I pity you.

That was my impression from the ads and marketing. The film wasn't marketed well, which is a big reason it bombed at the box office. It was markted as being another gimmicky 3D thing. But it actually turned out to be really, really good and had good reviews from Critics (78%) and Audience (72%). I've since seen it probably 3 or 4 times and it's actually gotten better and better each time.

Originally posted by Todd1700
"Dune" by David Lynch.

That's borderline. I remember liking it, but I just thought some of the effects were a bit dated. But yeah, Lynch's imagining was trippy as fu#k. I've been meaning to watch it again, actually.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 12:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

Barb Wire, Charlie's Angels, Showgirls, and Striptease.

I'll let all of you figure out WHY I enjoyed these.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 12:30 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by James T. Kirk
Barb Wire, Charlie's Angels, Showgirls, and Striptease.

I'll let all of you figure out WHY I enjoyed these.
Cause... Cause of the boobies, right?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:35 AM