KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?

Movies that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Event Horizon

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 06:13 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crocodile Hunter.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 06:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I enjoyed Warcraft, and it didn't do very well at the box office (except like China) and the critics also hated it. Though I probably enjoyed that movie more for the weird things from the games and lore they tried to incorporate more than the plot or anything like that. I mean they legit had Khadgar level up towards the end of the movie after he takes down Medivh.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 06:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Love a shitty late 90's early 2000's disaster movie. So Twister, Dante's Peak, Volcano, The Core, Vertical Limit, The Day After Tomorrow.

Would also add Knowing with Nic Cage.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 06:36 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Love a shitty late 90's early 2000's disaster movie. So Twister, Dante's Peak, Volcano, The Core, Vertical Limit, The Day After Tomorrow.

Would also add Knowing with Nic Cage.

I'd have to put Knowing with Nic Cage on my list. Universally panned but any apocalypse movie in which the world actually ends is awesome in my book. Plus the disaster scenes of the plane and subway crashes are spectacular.

Add to the list most of the cheesy disaster blockbusters.

Twister
Volcano
Dante's Peak
The Day after Tomorrow
Deep Impact
Armageddon
The Core

wink

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 09:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I enjoyed Warcraft, and it didn't do very well at the box office (except like China) and the critics also hated it. Though I probably enjoyed that movie more for the weird things from the games and lore they tried to incorporate more than the plot or anything like that. I mean they legit had Khadgar level up towards the end of the movie after he takes down Medivh.

I enjoyed Warcraft, too.

But it's not a good example for this thread; as it had a rather high audience score (77%).

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 09:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Also helped Duncan Jones was a fan of Warcraft. Liked how when the movie was out and he didn't give a shit about what the movie critics thought of it, Even that one interviewer was trying his best to pick apart the plot.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 03:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Those disaster films were pretty ambitious for their time, at least effects wise. One of my first memories with DVDs was Twister say what you want about the plot, but the sound and Tornado storm effects were influential for their time (Independence Day/The Matrix as well).

For my films a lot of Netflix movies get a lot of shit but I’ve found most to be perfectly watchable

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 04:27 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

revenge of the ninja

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by ares834

wink

Thanks

I have dementia

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 01:04 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

enter the ninja

invasion usa

the octagon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 02:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

SUICIDE SQUAD, yeah.

27%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 363
59%
AUDIENCE SCORE
User Ratings: 144,871

It could’ve been better, but it still had fun characters and action scenes!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2019 09:21 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I thought of a good one. THE POSTMAN.

9%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 35

50%
AUDIENCE SCORE
User Ratings: 55,579

It was a good solid post apocalyptic movie, made better by the fact that Keven Costner is so likable, AND it ended on a positive note. Honestly I see nothing wrong w. this movie.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 07:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
I thought of a good one. THE POSTMAN.

9%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 35

50%
AUDIENCE SCORE
User Ratings: 55,579

It was a good solid post apocalyptic movie, made better by the fact that Keven Costner is so likable, AND it ended on a positive note. Honestly I see nothing wrong w. this movie.

I saw this in junior high, and even then I thought as I was watching it that the critics and general audience got it wrong. Solid film by Costner.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 02:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Howard The Duck. Don't think it deserved so much of the derision it got.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 01:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i love me some Howard the Duck! eek!

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I saw this in junior high, and even then I thought as I was watching it that the critics and general audience got it wrong. Solid film by Costner.

Good deal; not sure what rubbed ppl wrong about that one.
Of course, Costner was getting a lot of hate back then.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 02:54 AM
Dr Will Hatch

The Lone Ranger is another movie I really liked that for some reason is hated.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 07:18 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Lone Ranger is another movie I really liked that for some reason is hated.

THANK you!
That movie was pretty darn fun.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:33 AM
Jmanghan

I really like any type of fun modern buddy cop movies.

Ride Along, Bad Boys, The Other Guys, Central Intelligence, etc.

As long as the acting's good I could care less if the jokes are "witty".

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 12:50 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I dunno, bad witty can undermine good acting...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 10:03 AM