KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Is SSJ3 even viable?

Is SSJ3 even viable?
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is SSJ3 even viable?

Does anyone think that transformation would ever be viable again?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:00 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No. The transformation is absolute shit. Always has been.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disappointing, but doesnt it work for Cumber?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:11 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, but as far as whose canon, Caulifla might always make use of it in the future.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 06:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Disappointing, but doesnt it work for Cumber?
if he had access to other power-ups, I bet he'll toss ssj3 aside.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 09:43 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but as far as whose canon, Caulifla might always make use of it in the future.
That seems to be the form she wants to unlock now for whatever reason.

So yeah. thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vansonbee
if he had access to other power-ups, I bet he'll toss ssj3 aside.

Maybe the power drain doesnt exist in Heroes.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:22 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No. Which is a shame because it was absolutely brilliant in its design and execution. It was a form that gave an immense boost in power at the increased cost of stamina.

But instead we got the Super Saiyan God forms, which are much more powerful without any downside. In my opinion the Super Saiyan God form should've been what Ultra Instinct was, a unreliable transformation that would resurface when Goku fought enemies he'd normally had no chance against, and it should've only been used once or twice.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 09:13 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I had really hoped for SSJ3 to be mastered, like Goku did with normal super saiyan.

To get rid of the downside. But when God came along....not much point anymore.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 04:24 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Since he loses a lot of stamina in the ssj3 form, why not use it as a form to train in as?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 03:30 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

That’s a great idea

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 05:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It is my opinion that SSJ3 essentially represents the upper-echelon of power/transformation that the standard U7 Saiyans could achieve with 'normal' ki(I'm excluding Broly here, because he's a 'mutant' among Saiyans)... And even that is pushing it, because SSJ3 was only attained by Goku in the afterlife, where his undead body didn't have the same stamina limitations of his mortal body. In all likelihood, it is a form that should have never existed on the mortal plane, and it is entirely possible that Goku may not have ever been able to attain SSJ3 under regular circumstances/training with a mortal body. That would explain why a power-hungry warrior like Vegeta, who has ALWAYS trained rigorously, was still never able to reach SSJ3.

Anywho, SSJ3's primary drawback has always been its massive ki consumption. Even during the ToP, Goku still remarked on how quickly it drained his stamina when he briefly powered up to SSJ3 against Caulifla/Kale... And that was with him knowling of the stamina issues he'd previously had with SSG/SSB. So yeah, it's a very impractical form unless you can get the job done in a few seconds.

tl;dr
At this point I really don't think SSJ3 can ever be truly 'mastered/perfected' -- certainly not to the same extent as FPSSJ, at least, where it doesn't cause any extra drain on the user at all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 12th, 2019 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 03:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good post, Galan.

Even in GT, SSJ3 form was not unreliable (for different reasons, but still).

We did find out that SSJ2 form could be significantly enhanced, though --- as Vegeta (BoS, "you slapped my Bulma" moment) and Future Trunks (when he sparred with SSJ3 Goku) showed us.

So maybe one day, they'll find a way to fix SSJ3's flaws or increase its power output. Won't surprise me one bit.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 09:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
It is my opinion that SSJ3 essentially represents the upper-echelon of power/transformation that the standard U7 Saiyans could achieve with 'normal' ki(I'm excluding Broly here, because he's a 'mutant' among Saiyans)... And even that is pushing it, because SSJ3 was only attained by Goku in the afterlife, where his undead body didn't have the same stamina limitations of his mortal body. In all likelihood, it is a form that should have never existed on the mortal plane, and it is entirely possible that Goku may not have ever been able to attain SSJ3 under regular circumstances/training with a mortal body. That would explain why a power-hungry warrior like Vegeta, who has ALWAYS trained rigorously, was still never able to reach SSJ3.

Anywho, SSJ3's primary drawback has always been its massive ki consumption. Even during the ToP, Goku still remarked on how quickly it drained his stamina when he briefly powered up to SSJ3 against Caulifla/Kale... And that was with him knowling of the stamina issues he'd previously had with SSG/SSB. So yeah, it's a very impractical form unless you can get the job done in a few seconds.

tl;dr
At this point I really don't think SSJ3 can ever be truly 'mastered/perfected' -- certainly not to the same extent as FPSSJ, at least, where it doesn't cause any extra drain on the user at all.

It doesnt make sense if Goku can master blue, which is said to draw much more stamina than red, but cant master SSJ3.

Also who could we compare SSJ3 Goku presently to in power?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 10:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nothing makes sense in Super.

Nothing sad

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 12:57 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
It doesnt make sense if Goku can master blue, which is said to draw much more stamina than red, but cant master SSJ3.
You're also comparing god ki to normal ki.

Perhaps it is easier to master SSB then it is to master SSJ3, due to the types of ki they use? After all, Goku mastered the stamina drain of SSG/SSB in a relatively short period of time, whereas he never came close to mastering the stamina drain of SSJ3 over the course of several yearS.

...Either that or he simply hasn't focused on trying to master SSJ3 ever since he gained the god forms. /shrug

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, why try to master mortal ki when you have god ki?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 04:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Astner
No. Which is a shame because it was absolutely brilliant in its design and execution. It was a form that gave an immense boost in power at the increased cost of stamina.

But instead we got the Super Saiyan God forms, which are much more powerful without any downside. In my opinion the Super Saiyan God form should've been what Ultra Instinct was, a unreliable transformation that would resurface when Goku fought enemies he'd normally had no chance against, and it should've only been used once or twice.
Yeah I completely agree with this.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:23 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I feel like Ss3 being sidelined had more than a little to do with the hair being more difficult to draw. Every drawback he probably just added to the form to avoid putting it on the page. That's one thing about Toriyama that always annoyed me. He picks and chooses when to care lol

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 01:50 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I mean, would explain why Raditz remained underutilized despite being Goku's brother. That and Vegeta had simpler looking hair for Tori to repeatedly redraw far as Goku having a saiyan rival.

If someone's not doomed for having spots like Cell for reentry in Dragon Ball, then it's the hair. stick out tongue

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 17th, 2019 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 04:51 AM