KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?

What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?

Is there any grouping of X-Men that can actually defeat:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Wally West
John Stewart
Martian Manhunter (non-jobber)

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 08:08 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

The X-Men Extinction team can wins some, especially given what Namor has done recently.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 11:02 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
The X-Men Extinction team can wins some, especially given what Namor has done recently.

(please log in to view the image)

Who's the one with the sword, and who is the robot?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 11:19 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Last edited by Supermutant on Mar 9th, 2019 at 11:26 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 11:22 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 11:40 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yea but people will always say that Flash is too fast.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 11:44 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Phoenix Rachel Summers
Dark Phoenix Jean Grey
God Shaman Nate Grey
Defragmented Legion
Onslaught Charles Xavier
Omega Iceman

... although, Flash might still be too fast.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 01:03 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Magnon
Phoenix Rachel Summers
Dark Phoenix Jean Grey
God Shaman Nate Grey
Defragmented Legion
Onslaught Charles Xavier
Omega Iceman

... although, Flash might still be too fast.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 01:14 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

However though CIS is still on which means Flash won't move initialy at FTL.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I was just joking about forum flash lol
other than iceman he's not taking any of the other people on magnon list

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:42 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No Aquaman. How dare.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if we can say full legion, he doesn't need anyone else....

if we're trying to find a more 'standard' version of the team that could stand a chance maybe, magik, nate (if we can use him), peak rachel, professor x, magneto, kid omega and someone like domino couldn't hurt.

there are others, and specific versions of characters that might be better, but not sure you were looking for that.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

I kept the parameters somewhat loose as I don’t feel quite qualified enough as an X-men expert to get into the weeds of the Nate Grey’s etc. and was looking to see what parameters came up in the discussion.

I’m taking the easy way out and putting it on y’all: are you satisfied “Phoenix is a part of X-Men and she solos,” and does this make X-Men a more powerful team than the League, or is Leo’s approach more satisfactory?

TBH this really was inspired by a tweet I saw where someone said they thought “X-Men is better and stronger than the Justice League,” and felt this slightly less vaguely puts that on trial.

What gets me is X-Men’s telepathic superiority, but a non-jobber MM, who among many other talents, has telepathy and super-speed, should be able to defend JL long enough for some of the strongest, fastest, and most powerful heroes in all of comics to subdue almost any mutant threat.

EDIT

Originally posted by -Pr-
No Aquaman. How dare.

Ya know, I know it's against policy, but since I clearly also forgot about Namor's inclusion in the X-Men, I do wanna add Arthur and bring back the age-old debate about whether or not he can control Namor eek!

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Mar 9th, 2019 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 04:52 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i don't think any in-book team of x-men could beat the jla. they have had such a huge roster over their history though that if we pick and choose we could find a team of them that could compete and possibly beat them. but yeah, if the issue is pressed, the jla speed is utterly impossible for the x-men--any incarnation, honestly--to overcome.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 07:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by leonidas
i don't think any in-book team of x-men could beat the jla. they have had such a huge roster over their history though that if we pick and choose we could find a team of them that could compete and possibly beat them. but yeah, if the issue is pressed, the jla speed is utterly impossible for the x-men--any incarnation, honestly--to overcome.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The Extinction team Supermutant posted looks strong, but still not League strong to me. I was think the team you posted is strong, but sheer speed and power is hard for any X-Men team to overcome. And I’ll also say keep it to incarnations of characters that actually existed for more than a few issues lol

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 01:32 AM
Senor Cage

Seeing as Snyder has given us Pre-Crisis Superman back, there is no established X-Men team that can take the JL.

Snyder:

quote:
The Superman part of this story is actually built off one of his ideas. I was going to put Superman in kind of a cage. But when he told me this idea he had for a universe that was created specifically to entrap Superman by a super-character who would have Superman’s abilities to move suns and move planets and create a perfect environment to keep him, I knew that was right.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 02:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

I'm confused is he saying Superman will move suns and planets, or another "super-character" will?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 03:04 AM
DarkSaint85

Extinction, MAYBE Excalibur (with Longshot and Rachel).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 09:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Are there X-men team permutations that can defeat the JLA?

Well, yes.

The only problem is one would really have to mix-n-match the roster (eg what one Poster cleverly stated to be a mix of Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, full Legion, Omega Ice, Onslaught Xavier, god Nate ...)

But a ‘normal’ X-amen team?

No, they cannot defeat a non-jobbing JLA.

Think of it another way - the JLA is a team comprised of individuals that have the power of teams in EACH of them (with exceptions). Superman is not only super strong (at a very high level), but is super invulnerable, has super speed, can fly, can create winds, can create ice, can create fire ...the basic X-Men team powers in one person.

A non-jobbing MM is even crazier ...take Kal’s abilities, and then add shape changing, invisibility, density manipulation/phasing and high-level telepathy to it!

Almost any of the JLA team could be an X-Men team threat INDIViDUALLy - a team wrecker for your typical X-men team.

Putting them TOGETHER simply means one would require a ‘special’ X-men team of Demi-gods or greater. No in-book X-men team could do it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 02:46 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

I'd imagine it'd need to be a team of power-stackers/copiers. So people like Rogue who has absorbed Northstar, Magik, Namor, Colossus, Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Storm, etc.

Along with Mimic who has copied those above powers, and Hope who is copying those powers, etc.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 03:24 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote