KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?

What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
Are there X-men team permutations that can defeat the JLA?

Well, yes.

The only problem is one would really have to mix-n-match the roster (eg what one Poster cleverly stated to be a mix of Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, full Legion, Omega Ice, Onslaught Xavier, god Nate ...)

But a ‘normal’ X-amen team?

No, they cannot defeat a non-jobbing JLA.

Think of it another way - the JLA is a team comprised of individuals that have the power of teams in EACH of them (with exceptions). Superman is not only super strong (at a very high level), but is super invulnerable, has super speed, can fly, can create winds, can create ice, can create fire ...the basic X-Men team powers in one person.

A non-jobbing MM is even crazier ...take Kal’s abilities, and then add shape changing, invisibility, density manipulation/phasing and high-level telepathy to it!

Almost any of the JLA team could be an X-Men team threat INDIViDUALLy - a team wrecker for your typical X-men team.

Putting them TOGETHER simply means one would require a ‘special’ X-men team of Demi-gods or greater. No in-book X-men team could do it.

100% agree w this

Originally posted by Glorificus
I'd imagine it'd need to be a team of power-stackers/copiers. So people like Rogue who has absorbed Northstar, Magik, Namor, Colossus, Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Storm, etc.

Along with Mimic who has copied those above powers, and Hope who is copying those powers, etc.

That would be dope! I was also at one point thinking Monet from Generation X is sort of like a B-League Justice Leaguer but still nowhere near able to take any of them down on her own

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 03:51 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

You all aren't thinking hard enough. The JLA would stomp most X-Teams obviously, but there are a few who could do it. You don't have to mix and match either.

I'll send a dick pic to whoever guesses the obvious one.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 11th, 2019 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 04:00 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StyleTime
You all aren't thinking hard enough. The JLA would stomp most X-Teams obviously, but there are a few who could do it. You don't have to mix and match either.

I'll send a dick pic to whoever guesses the obvious one.

The closest one I can think of is the 80's lineup with Magneto.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 04:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

In Uncanny #500, Scott and Emma broadcast to every mutant in the world and made them all X-Men... so, that line up probably has the best chance. Specifically for an in comic example, mutant nation on Utopia gives the best sense of that size of 'team'.

Especially if you can get enough people like Namor, Magneto, Magik, Moonstar (w Valkyrie powers), etc together just to slow an in-character Justice League lineup down enough to let Xavier, Emma, Psylocke, Exodus, Hope etc make one collective mental assault.

That's the clearest path to victory for an X-team. Obviously still far from certain though.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 05:48 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Smurph
In Uncanny #500, Scott and Emma broadcast to every mutant in the world and made them all X-Men...

Kinda an inverse of Superman beating Amazo.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 06:12 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Does Moonstar still have her Valkyrie powers? What's the status on that?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 11:05 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^^ Are you using current Justice League? Most of the current JL have power boosts within the last year or two. Superman is stronger, Hal is the god of will, Diana used to be the goddess of war, etc...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 11:36 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by Senor Cage
^^ Are you using current Justice League? Most of the current JL have power boosts within the last year or two. Superman is stronger, Hal is the god of will, Diana used to be the goddess of war, etc...

Well, I did not specify per se, but if a character is currently boosted for a several issue run, then I don't mean to consider that for this particular question.

I did say John Stewart because he is generally considered to have the strongest constructs, but I admittedly don't know what everyone's exact status is at this current moment. I also don't see how making the League any more godlike than they already are makes for an interesting convo lol

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 11:50 PM
nwg202

Speed would be the biggest problem. Xmen need to slow them down for the telepath to do their work or for Magik to port them to limbo where I see a queen of fables setup happening to the jla

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 12:18 AM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Well, I did not specify per se, but if a character is currently boosted for a several issue run, then I don't mean to consider that for this particular question.

I did say John Stewart because he is generally considered to have the strongest constructs, but I admittedly don't know what everyone's exact status is at this current moment. I also don't see how making the League any more godlike than they already are makes for an interesting convo lol

I'd think Hal and Kyle have the strongest, most uber constructs. Kyle with Heaven's Ladder example and Hal being the God of will, who basically owned Zero Hour Parallax and Sinestro with the Parallax entity. Just use Hal pre god of will.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 12:24 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by Senor Cage
I'd think Hal and Kyle have the strongest, most uber constructs. Kyle with Heaven's Ladder example and Hal being the God of will, who basically owned Zero Hour Parallax and Sinestro with the Parallax entity. Just use Hal pre god of will.

We're getting a bit into the abstract weeds here but I don't mean "strongest" as in "most uber" or most intricate, powerful concepts for constructs, but Hal once said something to the likes of John's being the most "solid" and that's what I mean/prefer as it is more straightforward to me. I don't mean/prefer "most godlike GL" as that is even more overkill imo

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:20 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Delta1938
Who's the one with the sword, and who is the robot?

Far better characters than Superman can ever hope to be thumb up

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 08:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Re: What Group of X-Men can defeat JLA's Big 6?

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Is there any grouping of X-Men that can actually defeat:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Wally West
John Stewart
Martian Manhunter (non-jobber)

Yes.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 10:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by nwg202
Speed would be the biggest problem. Xmen need to slow them down for the telepath to do their work or for Magik to port them to limbo where I see a queen of fables setup happening to the jla

Yea but I'm still thinking that Flash isn't going to start at FTL levels personality wise. I've seen lots of examples of Green lanterns being able to deal with the Flashes speed and you can't assume auto-shields. Since he doesn't start that fast that's enough foir somebody like Mags to put his shield up and then you got a problem.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 11:51 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How fast do you see a ready to fight Flash?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 01:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^ Half the speed of Captain America on his bad day, 1/3 speed of the Punisher when Frank's gravely injured

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:35 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Far better characters than Superman can ever hope to be thumb up

Your mother wasn't complaining.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:45 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sorry, she's never been into cucks like Clark.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:52 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sorry, she's never been into cucks like Clark.

So she must be disappointed in the way you turned out. And she tried raising you better. For shame Stilt, for shame.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 03:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're projecting again. Some things never change.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 03:40 PM