KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doom: Annihilation (2019)

Doom: Annihilation (2019)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

All I know is there’s demons, someone left the gate to hell off it’s hinge and I’m blasting and chainsawing my way through demons from hell to close said gate

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 07:44 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 09:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sotabaka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Can anyone say "straight to the SyFy channel"?

What has SyFylys done to you ?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 10:25 PM
sotabaka is currently offline Click here to Send sotabaka a Private Message Find more posts by sotabaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks a little better then that first teaser

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 09:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
There has been some good direct to DVD movies but this movie an't gonna be one of them.

Totally agree with you on this. These days we have so many movies like this.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:20 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

So I watched this and actually rather enjoyed it despite (or perhaps BECAUSE of?) the low budget, made-for-TV feel of it.

Almost ashamed to admit it, but fu#k it, it's some brainless fun and is actually filmed reasonably well.

I'd say I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy the Starship Troopers sequels.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 09:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So I watched this and actually rather enjoyed it despite (or perhaps BECAUSE of?) the low budget, made-for-TV feel of it.

Almost ashamed to admit it, but fu#k it, it's some brainless fun and is actually filmed reasonably well.

I'd say I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy the Starship Troopers sequels.

How is it compared to the 2004 film?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 09:41 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

You mean the 2005 film with The Rock and Karl Urban?

It's lower budget, but not necessarily in a bad way.

And it doesn't try to rely on movie star power because there are no stars in it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 09:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

That was 2005? Shit I'm getting all my movie years mixed up lately

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:28 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess with this one it at least has actual demon's.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2019 03:16 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hard pass. This made the BFG in the 2005 film look epic by comparison, and all it pretty much had were Imps and zombies, while the 2005 film had Hell Knights and more other demons. Sure, the Hell bits and Betruger was nice (even if he looked nothing like in Doom 3), but it seems there was more parts in the first film to enjoy, star power aside.

Not quite as bad as I thought going by the review, but still.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 04:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still going to check the film out myself when it's released on dvd

wasn't a fan of the 2005 movie.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 01:56 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, I initially sort of liked the 2005 film just as sort of a guilty pleasure, but when I tried to watch it again it wasn't so good.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 02:20 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I just remember there wasn't any likeable characters in the 2005 film.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 02:53 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I just remember there wasn't any likeable characters in the 2005 film.

That sounds about right. That's likely why I didn't care for it the second time.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 03:18 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

IDK, Reaper was cool.

This film is no prize itself though, just like a certain Mortal Kombat movie with Annihilation in the title.

If the Joanna character was really named after/inspired by Joanna Dark, then they may as well have done an attempt of a Perfect Dark film instead.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 5th, 2019 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 06:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
Still going to check the film out myself when it's released on dvd

Isn’t already on DVD? It was a straight to DVD release

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 09:43 PM
Flyattractor

Has that Version with the Female DoomGal been made yet?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 09:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They really should've had Joana solo this movie like a real Doom Marine would if we're really gonna be true to the games. I don't like either movie throwing the main character in a group but at least 2005's squad was more fleshed out in comparison to Annihilation's.

You know what else the 2005 film had Annihilation lacked? A good, long fluid first person sequence.

But you know what would blow both DOOM movies out of the water? If they made an hour and a half long DOOM movie viewed entirely in first person. "Impossible" one will say. "Nobody will sit through that" if they hate fun. It can happen! Hardcore Henry! Look it up!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 6th, 2019 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 02:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

This film is no prize itself though, just like a certain Mortal Kombat movie with Annihilation in the title.

Well obviously gotta lower your expection's with this movie with it being a straight to dvd movie, That helps with it going by the reviews that i've seen

quote:
Isn’t already on DVD? It was a straight to DVD release

Don't get it until Novemeber, I guess i could import it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 02:46 AM