KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Writer vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk

The Writer vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk
Started by: twt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
twt

The Writer vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk

The Writer (from Animal Man vol. 1) vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 11:34 PM
twt is currently offline Click here to Send twt a Private Message Find more posts by twt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Morrison wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 11:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zelax

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Morrison wins. thumb up

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 12:47 AM
Zelax is currently offline Click here to Send Zelax a Private Message Find more posts by Zelax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twt

Morrison wins.

Really? Which feats puts Morrison above Mxy?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:12 AM
twt is currently offline Click here to Send twt a Private Message Find more posts by twt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh, being the actual writer of the story in a very real/literal sense..?

As much as I love Mxy, he's still a character in a comic book. As such, he is obviously below the embodiments of DC's real-world writers/editorial staff(which is what Morrison's avatar represented in that issue.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 14th, 2019 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:26 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I feel Carver could one shot Morrison. And Carver is subject to his Lord's wishes, which means:

Hulk > Carver > Morrison > Mxy >>>>> Superman

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:42 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

I don't think carver even needs to seen rage to win here, tbh. As long as he gets his standard equipment, Morrison dies a horrible death. It's a well known fact that carver wields the absolute best and most state of the art tech.

Morrison has no counter for Samsung, IMO.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:49 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Carver should have a 12x12 mp 4k ass whooping uploaded to Youtube to show him what happened by the time Grant wakes up from his nap. thumb up

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twt

Eh, being the actual writer of the story in a very real/literal sense..?

As much as I love Mxy, he's still a character in a comic book. As such, he is obviously below the embodiments of DC's real-world writers/editorial staff(which is what Morrison's avatar represented in that issue.)

So yeah, but, in Suicide Squad vol. 1 #58, the Writer was wrote by other writer:

https://imgur.com/a/MbTkYmS

O in Animal vol. 1 was different?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:57 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Morrison wrote Ostrander writing about him writing himself into the story based on the time he wrote himself as the writer in a story he wrote. Simple

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:01 AM
twt

I see, daf*q Morrison.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:02 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by twt
So yeah, but, in Suicide Squad vol. 1 #58, the Writer was wrote by other writer:

https://imgur.com/a/MbTkYmS

O in Animal vol. 1 was different?
Different.

The character from Animal Man #26 literally was a metatextual avatar of the real-world writer(ie. Grant Morrison)... Which makes sense given that Morrison himself wrote the issue:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*For all intents and purposes, that character was Morrison.

The Suicide Squad issue you referenced, however, was written by Ostrander, and the character was clearly put there just to mock Morrison's original intent(he even says as much), and was no longer written to be the Supreme Being.

That said, you intended the version from Animal Man to be in this thread, therefore he is as Supreme as it can possibly get.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:12 AM
twt

Yeah, then depends of the writer intetion, right? Thanks Galan.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:14 AM
MrMind

one thing for sure

DC needs to establish who's the one and only true supreme being of the company

Right now we have The Presence, Primal Monitor, The Writer

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 03:18 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the writer is clearly most supreme. how is this a discussion....? confused

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 05:01 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by leonidas
the writer is clearly most supreme. how is this a discussion....? confused

Myx one-shots Galan and the writer at the same time.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 07:14 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Given that the primal monitor represents the canvas DC comics are written on IIRC, one would imagine the writer, as the one writing it on it, would stand over the Primal Monitor as the most supreme, no? How the Presence compares to the Primal Monitor I'm not certain of.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 07:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol.

Who wins, a fictional character, or an actual person who has power over that character?

Truly, a golden age of KMC.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 08:24 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro
Given that the primal monitor represents the canvas DC comics are written on IIRC, one would imagine the writer, as the one writing it on it, would stand over the Primal Monitor as the most supreme, no? How the Presence compares to the Primal Monitor I'm not certain of.

I'd imagine Presence is within the Primal Monitor, and therefore part of it, and beneath. Much like the other Monitors.

It's possible Presence created the Primal Monitor on his way to creating the DCU, but that doesn't make much sense, and contradicts the creation stories we've been told.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The way I see it, there is a difference between the in-universe "Presence/God" and the "Supreme Being".

The Presence/God is typically defined as all-powerful within DC, and is usually the being that was responsible for spawning DC creation from an in-universe POV...He's taken many forms, but it's all the same being:
https://i.imgur.com/iZLi4KC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pN1BrWF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mcbHeSz.jpg

...But in the end he is obviously still a comic book character who is subject to the whims of his RW writers.

Flip side, the "Supreme Being" is typically the representation of DC's real-world writers/editorial staff, and as such they are as powerful as it can possibly get in a comic book... They literally create the stories/characters we are reading:
https://i.imgur.com/Qel3cVK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0RS8LG2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KLJlcdV.jpg

IOW, Supreme Being > Presence (imo).

That being said, the Overvoid acts not only as the canvas onto which comic books are printed, but also as the medium through which we in the real world can 'interact' with comic books... And I believe the Supreme Being gives the Presence the power/authority to create within the Overvoid, but the Overvoid isn't necessarily aware that this is happening. Subsequently, that would mean the Supreme Being is above the Overvoid as well... It's still a concept within a comic book, after all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 14th, 2019 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:35 PM