KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » First Order hierarchy?

First Order hierarchy?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

That looks like absolute garbage, haha

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
.........Why?

What next? Diamond Stormtrooper?....

No, next is platinum, then diamond.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 06:49 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Tzeentch
That looks like absolute garbage, haha

thumb up

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 01:04 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

.........Why?

Only if the Diamond Stormtrooper is bi-curious and gender-fluid.

And its name will be General Que'er and it wield a stun-baton and have a 15 minute pointless duel against Rose Tico in Episode 9.

And God-willing, no one will go see it.

Then Disney sells the franchise, and we get the real Star Wars back.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 01:12 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

.........Why?

Right? Pyre looks like the Mexican Cartel's version of a Stormtrooper. thumb down

I think the 'logic' was to have the gold armor in contrast to Phasma's silver armor... But it doesn't really make sense because Phasma outranked Pyre... Yes, a Captain outranked a Commander, and silver outranked gold. Don't get it.

But yeah, either way it's a thing and you can expect to see a lot more of Pyre in canon, I'd wager.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 26th, 2019 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Right? Pyre looks like the Mexican Cartel's version of a Stormtrooper. thumb down

I think the 'logic' was to have the gold armor in contrast to Phasma's silver armor... But it doesn't really make sense because Phasma outranked Pyre... Yes, a Captain outranked a Commander, and gold outranked silver. Don't get it.

But yeah, either way it's a thing and you can expect to see a lot more of Pyre in canon, I'd wager.

confused confused confused

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

Oh, Commander Pyre is 100% real:

(please log in to view the image)

He plays a big role in Resistance, lol.
Ya thats pretty bad. I get it but I dont get it. confused

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd be more inclined to get it if Pyre outranked Phasma. Like I mentioned above, it would at least make some degree of sense if a Commander outranked a Captain, and/or gold outranked silver. But I digress...

Fun fact- even Pyre's primary weapon is obnoxiously gold-plated:

smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Also apparently according to TFA Visual Guide, Phasma has a higher rank than Captain, so guess she can outrank Pyre, although she is called Captain...but isn't a Captain.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed.

It is also stated that Phasma(along with Kylo and Hux) made up the First Order's commanding triumvirate. So regardless of her designated title, Phasma was still one of the FO's top 3 commanders.

...Not unlike Tarkin in that sense. Doesn't matter what you call the guy(be it 'Governor' or 'Moff'), he was still the Empire's second highest ranking official, period.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 26th, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 10:37 PM
Zenwolf

But Tarkin made some semblance of...sense, he was a Grand Moff. Captain Phasma is a Captain...isn't a Captain. Unless Captain means something different within the FO ranks, but I haven't seen anything suggesting that and we haven't really seen Phasma do much.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 10:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Right. But even in Tarkin's case the titles of Governor and Grand Moff aren't even military designations, yet he reigned supreme in both political AND military venues nonetheless. So in that respect his official title within the Empire was irrelevant. At the end of the day all that mattered was the amount of power Sheev vested in him(ie. the ability to command ANY setting, and even total authority over Vader himself.)

Same basic thing(albeit to a lesser degree) with Phasma. On paper she 'just' held the title of Captain, yet she was still the third highest ranking member of the First Order's high-command regardless.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 10:57 PM
Zenwolf

I just can't take it seriously, they should have just had her title be something else. Captain just...I dunno, if she has another title then I guess it's fine.

Still the gold plated Stormtrooper armor....nooo.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 01:13 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh it's definitely stupid. I'm just trying to make some semblance of sense out of it, lol.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 01:17 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Since this is relevant to the discussion, here's the mentioned excerpt from the TFA Visual Dictionary regarding Phasma's actual rank within the FO's command structure...

https://i.imgur.com/YJy3ai1.jpg
"Phasma's true rank is higher than the simplistic label 'Captain' would suggest."

But again, if she ranks far higher than a Captain... Why not just give her the actual rank/title she is? confused

At least in Hux's case the Visual Dictionary notes that he is technically higher-ranking than a General, given his immense authority and whatnot, but Snoke simply refuses to grant him a higher rank/title.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:49 AM
CaveDude33211

I like how Disney has absolutely no clue of what it's doing.

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 01:23 AM
Mendax
Hand of God

Since this is relevant to the discussion, here's the mentioned excerpt from the TFA Visual Dictionary regarding Phasma's actual rank within the FO's command structure...

https://i.imgur.com/YJy3ai1.jpg
"Phasma's true rank is higher than the simplistic label 'Captain' would suggest."

But again, if she ranks far higher than a Captain... Why not just give her the actual rank/title she is? confused

At least in Hux's case the Visual Dictionary notes that he is technically higher-ranking than a General, given his immense authority and whatnot, but Snoke simply refuses to grant him a higher rank/title.
Interesting. I never heard that before- thought General was as high as it got in Hux's case. Do you have a source?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by CaveDude33211

I like how Disney has absolutely no clue of what it's doing.
Like them or not, Disney knows exactly what they're doing. Good or bad, all of the decisions they make are calculated.

Originally posted by Mendax
Interesting. I never heard that before- thought General was as high as it got in Hux's case. Do you have a source?

https://i.imgur.com/npih3Zz.jpg
"Hux's direct access to Snoke effectively gives him a rank higher than General. However, Snoke refuses to grant Hux his desired title of 'Grand Marshal'."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:44 PM
CaveDude33211

Like them or not, Disney knows exactly what they're doing. Good or bad, all of the decisions they make are calculated.

roll eyes (sarcastic) They must be trying to lose money on purpose, then.

Did they calculate in that $50,000,000 they lost from Solo?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 01:05 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Honestly, that is a drop in the bucket for them.

...Not that Solo wasn't a shit film, because it definitely was.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 01:10 PM