KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Damn I havent played the first but I have been waiting for a vampire RPG for god knows how long....

Vampyr is pretty cool.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 07:14 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Vampyr is pretty cool.

Lol it is and I admit...I'm towards the end, but I guess I ate too many people?

Legit..just roaming the streets powerful vampires try to murderize me.

I just ate folk. Why is this wrong sad

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Decent bit of gameplay:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 02:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That dude needs to work on his speech. Pauses are better than uuhs.

Anyway, the AI looks a little retarded but the game still looks phenomenal. I'm waiting on the first to go on sale but the second it does I'll grab it and give it a playthrough or two before this comes out.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 16th, 2019 08:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first game really is awesome.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 09:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

For anyone interested, the first is on sale for ten dollars rn

PWNT

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 05:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 01:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some bad news for this title. Both the lead writer and creative director have been fired.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2020 05:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Saw that. Wonder what happened, considering at least one of them, iirc, worked on the original.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 19th, 2020 05:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, the writing is on the wall.

I'll pass on the game until I see it in the equivalent of the bargain bin: on some steam sale.

The game was SUPPOSED to be released in December. All the writing should have been done.

I swear this better not be some woke shit. The signs of it infecting this game have been there for the last year or so.

Now if it's to fix the wokeness inserted? Okay good.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 21st, 2020 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 07:26 PM
BackFire

From what i heard it’s because the writer made the story too dark and the publisher didn’t think an audience would like it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 09:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus christ it's supposed to be dark.

This is a setting where merely not going insane is considered a win.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 10:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean it's literally called the World of Darkness.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 10:16 PM
BackFire

Yeah. Just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 10:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean okay but with their past bullshit about trigger warnings and all this I think these fruitcakes would be sad enough that your reason is the actual reason

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 11:08 PM
BackFire

I should probably play the original sometime. I’d probably like it.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 01:56 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn right you should play the original. Great game.

Make sure you install the unofficial patch though. I do think it is automatically included with the steam version though.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 10:19 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Surtur
Damn right you should play the original. Great game.

Make sure you install the unofficial patch though. I do think it is automatically included with the steam version though.

How much does it cost on steam these days? Probably pretty cheap yeah?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 12:47 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
How much does it cost on steam these days? Probably pretty cheap yeah?

I guess it depends on how you define "cheap". It's $19.99.

If that is too much then you could always keep an eye out for a sale. But it is worth it. And make sure you get the unofficial patch too. It fixes things and restores certain items and features that weren't active when the game shipped(like choosing a history for your character). The reason is because towards the end of development the game was rushed out.

Speaking of that, because of that the final couple hours of the game are more combat heavy than they might have been if given more time. I only point this out because you can create a character who barely has to lift a finger and can make people do things, etc. There are a lot of ways to avoid a fight, until the end. So make your character one that is decent at combat. My character was a blood mage so I was fine.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 26th, 2020 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2020 06:10 PM