KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Venom: Let there be Carnage

Venom: Let there be Carnage
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Venom 2 (2020)

quote:
Venom 2 is expected to be released on October 2, 2020.

So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 12:22 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm not interested unless they go R-rated. At least I certainly won't buy a theater ticket, I mean.

The first one suffered greatly from PG-13 rating and too much budget, imo.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 12:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating. Credit to Fox they stuck to their guns and kept Deadpool rated R including the sequel. Wish Sony had at least released a rated R Blu-ray/DVD .

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 12:34 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating...

I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 12:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 12:48 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Hope it will be better than the 1st.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 01:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Estacado
Hope it will be better than the 1st.

Thought you liked the first?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:19 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised.

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:28 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Thought you liked the first?

It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:35 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Fans are usually harsher than general audiences tbh.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:44 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised.

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:45 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

Originally posted by Estacado
It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

I actually liked all the setup stuff. I really enjoyed getting to know Eddie Brock and Tom Hardy was great. It was when all the lame PG-13 action and goofy, darkly lit CGI came that I stopped caring.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:53 PM
steverules_2

Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

Doesn't surprise me

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 06:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 08:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

lol, but they didn't even do that for Venom 1. From what I understand the director refused to do it.

I think the studio is probably afraid people will realize how much better it would have been with all the cut R-rated footage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 08:42 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can’t wait

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 08:43 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Venom 2 (2020)

So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

Can't see it going R now. First one made 855million, so they'll stick to the formulae.

Hopefully they both push the PG-13 envelope as far as they can with some proper violence and they make a good film, last one was just okay.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 11:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Maybe when the next movie comes out he will get some feats so he won't be effortlessly bodied by Aquaman. thumb up

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 11:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Am I wrong for not wanting Woody Harrelson to be Carnage? I have nothing against him, but the dude is 60 years old.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 11:57 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Woody as Carnage sounds hilarious imho.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 11:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote