KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Race is a Social Construct. (Scientific Fact from Meta data)

Race is a Social Construct. (Scientific Fact from Meta data)
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't going to post in this thread again but, I need to be fair to DDM, a phenotypical preference to what a child is used to exists, as I have stated over and over. In that, he is not wrong. It is the use of the word race which he is wrong about; race has no Scientific meaning now

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 05:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ok if I'm getting this straight the scientific consensus is:

- Race is not a valid genetic notion because genetic variety cannot be linked to visible traits that human brains readily identify.
- Race as a perception is identified by the young human brain as a means of protection.

The perception of race then pushes human societies to build a social construct around it, the concept of race. Of course, surely other similar social perception existed when different skin colors weren't a common occurrence in certain regions, this was still essentially racism.

Am I missing something?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley

- Race is not a valid genetic notion because genetic variety cannot be linked to visible traits that human brains readily identify.
- Race as a perception is identified by the young human brain as a means of protection.

The perception of race then pushes human societies to build a social construct around it, the concept of race. Of course, surely other similar social perception existed when different skin colors weren't a common occurrence in certain regions, this was still essentially racism.

Am I missing something?

No, you're not. Except we need to distinguish between expressed characteristics and race. Replace phenotypical preference for the children for race and you are bang on.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:04 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I did say perception

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did say perception
missed that, you did thumb up

I don't see how a thinking person can stay racist when faced with the fact there are Africans with as many genes the same as them as many white people.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:09 PM
dadudemon

Am I missing something?

No, you've captured it. Minus Whirly's tantrum at being wrong and his frequent taunts/jabs. smile

This is what it feels like to be Robtard, eh?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:18 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
No, you've captured it. Minus Whirly's tantrum at being wrong and his frequent taunts/jabs. smile

This is what it feels like to be Robtard, eh?

No mate this is what it's like to be Whirly, glad you get it now. thumb up

And obviously, proper education is the key to correcting phenotypical prejudice.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:20 PM
Premolar

Like I said, I have never seen anyone as owned as Dadoodman ever.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:32 PM
Premolar is currently offline Click here to Send Premolar a Private Message Find more posts by Premolar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
And obviously, proper education is the key to correcting phenotypical prejudice.

Yes, I agree. Stopping racism means a proper education to retrain children out of millions of years of human evolution because we are no longer nomadic tribes violently vying to survive.

smile

Originally posted by Premolar
Like I said, I have never seen anyone as owned as Dadoodman ever.

"dadoodoo" is what Beny uses, my socking, tantrum-throwing, friend. wink

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

PutinBot and DDM don't seem to be in actual disagreement except from the phrasing of their particular stances from what I can tell.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Demon of Dadu vs. KMC's Charybdis, what a time to be alive.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
PutinBot and DDM don't seem to be in actual disagreement except from the phrasing of their particular stances from what I can tell.

Actually, he and I do (but he moved the goalposts so I guess it's "did disagree" now?) disagree.

He moved the goalposts and used a strawman on my point because he was upset I corrected his pseudoscience.

It started with this:

As someone with degrees in molecular biology and genetics I disagree about racism being biological.

smile

It's too late for him to edit despite the fact that he conceded the point already. Gotta love how KMC is broken.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:46 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, he and I do (but he moved the goalposts so I guess it's "did disagree" now?) disagree.

He moved the goalposts and used a strawman on my point because he was upset I corrected his pseudoscience.

It started with this:

smile

It's too late for him to edit despite the fact that he conceded the point already. Gotta love how KMC is broken.
what rubbish DDM either didn't understand the difference between race and phenotype or didn,'t want to, it's too late for him to edit.

Hence the reactions of everyone with a brain in this thread. DDM has Squall, Surt and Eon agreeing and cheerleading...

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:48 PM
dadudemon

what rubbish DDM either didn't understand the difference between race and phenotype or didn,'t want to, it's too late for him to edit.

aahahaha

Didja forgot what you posted yesterday?

smile

Edit - You edited, lol

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:55 PM
dadudemon

Follow up with another post about your degrees. Perhaps if you post enough strawman arguments and talk about your degrees, everyone will forgot about your pseudoscience from yesterday. smile

lol

nah

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:58 PM
snowdragon

That's only because Eon is wearing the cheerleading outfit to look fabulous and to troll with pixie sprinkles and candy corn horns, trolls gotta troll devil

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 06:58 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Follow up with another post about your degrees. Perhaps if you post enough strawman arguments and talk about your degrees, everyone will forget about your pseudoscience from yesterday. smile

lol

nah
none of the stuff in my posts are pseudoscience, I think the problem you had here is you didn't understand the Science or the argument. Craig Ventner pseudoscience lol.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 07:01 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
That's only because Eon is wearing the cheerleading outfit to look fabulous and to troll with pixie sprinkles and candy corn horns, trolls gotta troll devil
haha very true and with that. I'm off home.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 07:02 PM
dadudemon

none of the stuff in my posts are pseudoscience, I think the problem you had here is you didn't understand the Science or the argument. Craig Ventner pseudoscience lol.

As someone with degrees in molecular biology and genetics I disagree about racism being biological.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 07:53 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Racism isn't biological because race isn't real. You just showed you didn't get it. If you'd used another term as I suggested in the post following you'd have been fine and you wouldn't be clutching.

How can racism exist when race doesn't from any credible Scientist.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 08:15 PM