KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku: Jedi Lost (audio-book)

Dooku: Jedi Lost (audio-book)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dooku: Jedi Lost (audio-book)

Coming April 30th...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
In a tale set during her days as a Sith Apprentice, Asajj Ventress has a new mission: uncover the secrets of her master Count Dooku. The audio-only story, written by Cavan Scott, follows Dooku's assassin Ventress as she uncovers why Dooku left the Jedi Order.

Narrated by a full cast including Euan Morton, Orlagh Cassidy, January LaVoy, Marc Thompson, and many more, the recording promises to deliver an epic exploration of a new chapter in Dooku's story.

-Source

Will definitely read listen. Dooku's backstory has always remained criminally unexplored in both Legends and canon. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killed_1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Killed_1 a Private Message Find more posts by Killed_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku with a blue blade? interdasking

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 03:45 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

U

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 12:39 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

juggernaut74 is online now!

F*ck yea!!!

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 10:52 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Canon?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lame that its just an audio book though, either way I'm gonna give er a listen; Dookus story is one thats needed to be told for a long time now

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 09:36 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gold slorg
Dooku with a blue blade? interdasking

We will see Jedi Dooku. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 07:50 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

We still should've gotten a Plagueis style Dooku novel by Luceno in Legends.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Apr 7th, 2019 05:27 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
We still should've gotten a Plagueis style Dooku novel by Luceno in Legends.

I hate James. He tries to sound too fancy and full of wit.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 11:58 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Indeed, as Ventress learns about her new master, so will we. "We meet his family," Scott says. "We meet his father. We meet his sister. We meet his brother. We go from him being a Padawan in the temple, right through the moment he tells the Council he's leaving. So it's his entire life." We'll see Dooku as a Padawan with his master, Yoda, adventuring with his best friend Sifo-Dyas -- who would later take the fall for the creation of the clone army -- and his time with his own Padawan learners. Pulling back the curtain on one of Star Wars' biggest bad guys is no small venture, especially when mystique is part of the villain's character.

"One of the questions we had to ask ourselves was, 'Why would he open up?'" Scott says. "It was a bit of a blank canvas. I've drawn from some things we've known from Legends about Dooku. But it's a very different story."

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 05:35 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Always liked Dooku, looking forward to this

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

So it's going to chronicle Dooku's entire life? Sweet.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

juggernaut74 is online now!

Anyone listen to this yet?

Thinking about buying it.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 10:50 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I just got done listening to it. It's relatively short for an audiobook, with only like a 6hr runtime.

Anyway...
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm not quite sure what to think of it just yet... Might have to give it another listen. My initial reaction is that I didn't love it or hate it -- not the best; not the worst kind of thing. I feel like it could have(and should have) been much longer, though, in order to give a proper amount of depth to each milestone in Dooku's backstory. /shrug

That being said, it still did expand on Dooku's backstory in a BIG way. Literally followed him from the time he was taken from Serenno as a baby, to his time as a Jedi initiate, to his time as a Jedi padawan, to his time as a Jedi Master, to the time he defected from the Jedi Order and became Sith, etc. Pretty all-encompassing in that respect.

I will say that Dooku ruthlessly having Asajj slaughter his sister(after building-up their relationship throughout the entire story) truly shows us how far he'd fallen. That was brutal.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 1st, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:29 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Worth listening to you think?

Old Post May 1st, 2019 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A print version of this will be available in October. thumb up

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 11:12 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

could you a make a spoiler thread with dooku's feats and story in general for those who won't listen to the audiobook?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote