KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Automation about to decimate Stocking and Loading Industry

Automation about to decimate Stocking and Loading Industry
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Automation about to decimate Stocking and Loading Industry

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 06:52 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

This is cool, but nothing revolutionary. There already exist more efficient machines that unload crates.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 08:06 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Automation is good because it will allow companies to hit higher profit margins, and the more profit corporations make the happier and more prosperous everyone will be!

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 09:53 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Automation is about to devestate almost every industry in the next decade or so

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:04 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

So, does this mean a lot more unemployed, scared and angry people out there? Or will there be job training programs as well?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 01:42 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
So, does this mean a lot more unemployed, scared and angry people out there? Or will there be job training programs as well?

We need to train these people as soldiers for the day when we have to fight back against these machines.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 02:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Automation is about to devestate almost every industry in the next decade or so

I keep telling my brother this. He's in the shipping industry, driving trucks.

His job is already replaced in some companies by self-driving trucks.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

If your brothers company were to phase out truck drivers they'd just rehire him as an automated truck programmer my dude

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:14 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Surtur
We need to train these people as soldiers for the day when we have to fight back against these machines.
I imagine they're already pretty well armed.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:23 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
If your brothers company were to phase out truck drivers they'd just rehire him as an automated truck programmer my dude

I see your sarcasm and raise you:

Yes, of course, because of all of his AI development skills.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah this is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

Everyone should just walk around pretending to be robots in order to get work.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 03:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidebar to this Britain, Russia and the US all don't want the ban on killer robots to go ahead. Boston Dynamics and BAE with Taranis are indeed producing the most advanced killer robots, but I understand the Russians have a petrol driven "Daleks", basically an armoured, high calibre automatic weapon on wheels with sensors that has an autonomous mode.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 07:01 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Tzeentch

You do know that defeats the purpose right?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 07:09 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Of course automation is taking over. It's the 21st century. Instead of being lazy and crying because there are no more easy menial jobs, these unemployed laborers should go back to school/educate themselves on contemporary technology and programming, as that is where the new job market of today is. If they are unwilling to do that, they truly have become obsolete.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 11:19 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 07:52 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Lestov16
Of course automation is taking over. It's the 21st century. Instead of being lazy and crying because there are no more easy menial jobs, these unemployed laborers should go back to school/educate themselves on contemporary technology and programming, as that is where the new job market of today is. If they are unwilling to do that, they truly have become obsolete.

Based and redpilled. smokin'

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 08:09 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

exactly why we need to enforce UBI before it's too late

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 08:35 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote