KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs. Kong

Godzilla vs. Kong
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So the movie got pushed back to November of next year. Hopefully it's to make a quality movie.

Or Kong needs more training

they gonna team up lol..
#SAVEMOTHRA

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Footage from Brazil is on the net. Kong is much bigger haha.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 08:09 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brazil?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 09:25 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Comic Con in Brazil.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 09:32 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Mindship
Not so much insisting, but definitely rooting for. My guess is, Adult Kong will be much more experienced at using his environment in combat, and that will be key in defeating Godzilla. Plus, in addition to smarts, he'll be faster, more agile, in addition to being waayyyy stronger and tougher than on Skull Island.

One thing I've learned from martial arts: the bigger guy doesn't have all the advantages. We've seen Godzilla at his best. Adult Kong ... we've had an inferential glimpse.

None of those things matters when your opponent can shoot giant laser blast form his mouth, can fight multiple opponents back to back, have a giant spine that can cut through most shits.

Not only that, Big G’s hands aren’t short, he can still grapple his opponents, he’s fast enough to react to supersonic speeds.

Big G can only lose this fight if he wants too.

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I heard that one of the conditions of Toho, was to not have Big G lose his final fights.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 09:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Godzilla's breath weapon isn't really an advantage considering how slow it moves and it's very telegraphed. Kong should easily be able to dodge it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 04:27 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

For those who are still interested, obviously it got pushed back to November.

There may be a teamup but supposedly the final battle is 1 vs. 1 completely fair brawl between the two icons in Hong Kong. It will be at dusk and night but the Hong Kong lights make it as clear or supposedly better than Pacific Rim 1 hk fight

Kong will use brute Force, speed and makeshift weapons, environment etc to even the odds. I ask d if he would get electrical powers and was told no.

Despite the size boost, Godzilla is still much more dense and durable than Kong which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

This info came from Sayaka( fake name) from Toho Kingdom, his credentials are working for the marketing team at toho and getting ever part of KOTM right months in advance as well as calling out two Chinese posters that came out after KOTM U.S. release several months in advance as well, all the way down to the type of flowers in the poster.

He also left a cryptic and vague response to the winner so PM me if you want to know what he said in regards to that.

None of this seems spoilery but if you think it is I will have it removed or put in tags.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 15th, 2019 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 04:18 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Also and yet to be confirmed is that the reason for the delay is simply for the fights. To expect KSI like cgi with straight up fights ( think PAC rim 1, no cutaway nonsense).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 04:39 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

they better fight all throughout the film instead of teaming up to save mothra

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Brazil?
It's a country in South America.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 10:21 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I hope it doesn't blow cock like King of the Monsters.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2019 02:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sounds very non-formulaic that they team up and then later brawl it out. Color me surprised if true. Was sure they'd have their fight and then team up to defeat whatever the common enemy is.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 17th, 2019 08:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

MonsterVerse: Civil War

Old Post Dec 18th, 2019 05:30 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Robtard
Sounds very non-formulaic that they team up and then later brawl it out. Color me surprised if true. Was sure they'd have their fight and then team up to defeat whatever the common enemy is.

Ok, so we don't know there is gonna be a team up at all. We are assuming there will be one because of who else is in the movie. But the final fight is those two

Old Post Dec 18th, 2019 07:51 AM
ShadowFyre

Any hollow earth theory fans expect it to be a thing in this movie. Monsters and quite a few of them are below us. And Sayaka told us today to expect more monsters which could be very bad or very good.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 09:27 PM
Impediment
Endless

What are the respective heights of Godzilla and Kong?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 02:13 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

There is only one small leaked clip and it actually seems Kong is slightly taller. But he is also attacking and Godzilla is kind of hunched, so at my best guess I would say at the very least

Kong-350
Godzilla-393 which is his official height

Even at the same height Godzilla's gonna have a good 20k tons of weight if not more, simply based off of his spines and tail and whatnot

But there is nothing official and it's pretty much guesswork. There is a tie in Kong comic coming though that should tell it

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 03:34 AM
ShadowFyre

Here you go, the actual leak was a 2 second clip from a distance but here is the only official thing in regard to sizes. Now that I look again, Kong is most definitely Godzilla's size and probably bigger which I think is cool

Attachment: images.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 27th, 2019 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:00 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It will automatically suck if they throw in some third-wheel antagonist. Learn from BvS: we don't need a Doomsday. Throwing in extra monsters is fine and all but make sure they're just fodder.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 28th, 2019 at 06:49 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 06:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Well, it sounds set in stone that MG will be in the film but he is not an antagonist and it sounds like he may not even fight. But if there is a team up, it will be in the middle. The main and final fight is a one on one with Godzilla and Kong. This source is legit.

The next info is completely rumors and from a shady source at best, but still neat enough to talk about.

It's hinted that multiple creatures are actively training Kong to fight Godzilla, one of them being Camazots who will appear in a tie in comic and is a giant bat with his own breath attack. The creature is legit, his role is rumor.

The next is that Godzilla is not trying to kill Kong at all, he is preparing him to take over his role as King of the Monsters. I personally think it sounds like garbage and a shows era plot, but I like talking about my Godzilla so yeah

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 28th, 2019 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 05:30 PM