KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » American men seem to be getting weaker

American men seem to be getting weaker
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

American men seem to be getting weaker

I'm 52 and as shown in pics on this site my grip is strong enough for me to still do a "pullover".

The article below shows young men in the US and I suggest the western world as a whole are getting weaker.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...erican-weakling

This is sad

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 08:59 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Prolly true for most of the planet. Less manual labor and more of sit your fat a$$ on a chair labor.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 09:25 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

When I was 59 (some years back) I had an in-patient procedure. As I was being prepped while lying down, the PA asked me to lift a leg so she could tuck the covering underneath it. I figured the other leg was next, so I lifted both at the same time: a simple, easy leg raise.

The physicians assistant said, "Wow, you have strong abs."
I said, "What do you mean?" (again, a simple, easy leg raise).
She said, "You'd be surprised how many people can't do what you just did."

Now, though she didn't specify, I'm assuming -- I'm hoping -- she meant people my age. If not ... holy crap. sad Actually, holy crap either way.

As I once heard someone say, you can't stop aging, but you don't have to decay along the way. Now over 60, I can still do chinups, military-press 70% bodyweight, and do the sit-rise test (not all at the same time ofc). I simply can't imagine letting myself go to pieces ... though time is taking its toll.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Prolly true for most of the planet. Less manual labor and more of sit your fat a$$ on a chair labor.
I would think certainly in the more industrialized nations.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 09:59 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 09:52 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The elites are also getting stronger. The average are getting more sedentary.

What we are seeing is an average but it's probably more revealing to look at them as quartiles.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 01:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: American men seem to be getting weaker

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'm 52 and as shown in pics on this site my grip is strong enough for me to still do a "pullover".

The article below shows young men in the US and I suggest the western world as a whole are getting weaker.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...erican-weakling

This is sad

You think that's sad, try watching high school kids playing softball.

Back in our day, plenty of non-dedicated athletes could play. Now, they literally stumble all over themselves, and can't even catch the damned ball.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 01:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
When I was 59 (some years back) I had an in-patient procedure. As I was being prepped while lying down, the PA asked me to lift a leg so she could tuck the covering underneath it. I figured the other leg was next, so I lifted both at the same time: a simple, easy leg raise.

The physicians assistant said, "Wow, you have strong abs."
I said, "What do you mean?" (again, a simple, easy leg raise).
She said, "You'd be surprised how many people can't do what you just did."

Now, though she didn't specify, I'm assuming -- I'm hoping -- she meant people my age. If not ... holy crap. sad Actually, holy crap either way.

As I once heard someone say, you can't stop aging, but you don't have to decay along the way. Now over 60, I can still do chinups, military-press 70% bodyweight, and do the sit-rise test (not all at the same time ofc). I simply can't imagine letting myself go to pieces ... though time is taking its toll.
I would think certainly in the more industrialized nations.
yeah, it amuses me, I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada... Mostly kids or grand kids, all healthy.

Says it all.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 03:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

yeah, it amuses me, I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada... Mostly kids or grand kids, all healthy.

Says it all.

Lol at the reaction this topic caused in a certain someone, the counter-thread reaction, good god, relax and don't take everything as a personal affront to yourself. Anyhow.

As covered by other posters, less manual labor and sedentary jobs is very much likely a factor; especially in the West. Do wonder if decreasing levels of testosterone, which could be environmentally related, is also a factor in people; especially men in the West getting weaker and weaker.

Also feel the cliche sentiment that kids are getting lazier and lazier is true, as CDTM pointed out.

As always, Mindship is an inspiration

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 04:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Lol at the reaction this topic caused in a certain someone, the counter-thread reaction, good god, relax and don't take everything as a personal affront to yourself. Anyhow.

As covered by other posters, less manual labor and sedentary jobs is very much likely a factor; especially in the West. Do wonder if decreasing levels of testosterone, which could be environmentally related, is also a factor in people; especially men in the West getting weaker and weaker.

Also feel the cliche sentiment that kids are getting lazier and lazier is true, as CDTM pointed out.

Why don't you take your own advice g?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 04:31 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why don't you take your own advice g?

His getting butthurt someone dared post a similar thread is funny, but it's also hilarious cuz he's made butthurt topics in response to you. Poor Rob.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 05:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
His getting butthurt someone dared post a similar thread is funny, but it's also hilarious cuz he's made butthurt topics in response to you. Poor Rob.

Your RDS inspired incessant whining has been noted. Now do you have anything to add that's on topic? Thanks in advance.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 05:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your RDS inspired incessant whining has been noted. Now do you have anything to add that's on topic? Thanks in advance.

There's that famous projection from you. Good stuff hypocrite thumb up

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 05:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I think now is the best time to reveal one of the KMC secrets.

I'm not left handed, ho ho ho!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 05:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I think now is the best time to reveal one of the KMC secrets.

I'm not left handed, ho ho ho!

^Right privilege

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 05:30 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada...

I'm getting more than a little tired of being left out of the old man's club.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:06 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob exposes his butthurt in every thread on this forum. Give it a rest, won’t ya Rob?

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:09 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Not to crumple into a dust pile of fetid flesh is *my* inspiration.
Originally posted by Surtur
^Right privilege
At this I did chuckle.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Apologies Bash, I'm sure you are still a fine figure of a man also.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

It's your boyish good looks

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:25 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's your boyish good looks
This is true, Bash are you of Italian extraction mate. The sultry dark eyes etc wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindship
Not to crumple into a dust pile of fetid flesh is *my* inspiration.

On a long enough lifespan, that's everyone's destiny. But you can certainly delay it with proper excessive and diet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:27 PM