KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » A quarter of Americans are Involuntarily Celibate

A quarter of Americans are Involuntarily Celibate
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I had a girl once that wanted a diamond bracelet on the first date. I laughed my ass off and went on my way.
That type will always be around; they are far more likely online. Same goes for ****ed up guys. I've used Tinder a lot for hookups, on reflection probably on reflection not sensible behaviour, but a lot of fun.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's also about where you're looking and who you attract/are attracted to.

like when women are like "omg i'm so sick of dating douchebags", never understanding that she meets guys where douchebags hang out and is in many cases exclusively attracted to douchebags.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:37 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it's also about where you're looking and who you attract/are attracted to.

like when women are like "omg i'm so sick of dating douchebags", never understanding that she meets guys where douchebags hang out and is in many cases exclusively attracted to douchebags.
Absolutely.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:43 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i mean douchebags are people too. the core of my point was that many people lack personal honesty about what they really want, and so end up with the wrong people; or worse yet, they end up with the right people and avoid taking a chance because they allowed their opinion structure get in the way of what they really want

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

i mean douchebags are people too. the core of my point was that many people lack personal honesty about what they really want, and so end up with the wrong people; or worse yet, they end up with the right people and avoid taking a chance because they allowed their opinions get in the way of what they really want
No, I agree totally.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:47 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i know, i just left my point incomplete and didn't want others to interpret it as another 'nice guy' rant, blaming the 'chads'

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:49 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Well there probably is some degree of truth to some of the points, but IMO it all depends on the kinds of conclusions people draw from it or how much certain trends get latched onto as some sort of ideological dogmatic rule that serves as a prism the world gets viewed through.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:56 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It also might depend on what approach or women guys are trying to get themselves involved with.

Like the studies that give the most credence to the incel, or nice guy point of view relate to the sexual selectivity of women on apps like Tindr...

Like what does that say about the women or the men? Is this a biased sample of women who would on average be looking for more of a cheap thrill? Are some of these guys putting themselves in this position by looking more for a cheap thrill then a genuine relationship?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:01 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
It depends on what you mean when you say alt-right.

If you actually mean alt-right, then I'd agree with you for the most part. There are alt-right women, so essentially they'd be stuck with a much much much smaller pool of women with the vast majority of women outright rejecting them.

If you're mistakenly referring to the ideas of someone like myself, or Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, or Steven Crowder as alt-right, well, let's just say my current romantic interest shares my views and watches all three of them.

Who is the lucky guy?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by mike brown
is it not possible that maybe online dating apps aren't the best reflection of irl dating?

I mean women still have more selection power irl but the gender ratios on apps like tinder probably magnify that dynamic quite a bit.

Online dating is real life dating.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Tindr...

do you honestly believe tindr to be an accurate cross-section of people looking for relationships?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:04 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

do you honestly believe tindr to be an accurate cross-section of people looking for relationships?

No... that was the entire point of my post was that it isn't an accurate cross section.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:05 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
Who is the lucky guy?

It's actually a woman whose 2 years older than me.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:06 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my bad then. seemed you were alluding to the possibility here:

Like what does that say about the women or the men? Is this a biased sample of women who would on average be looking for more of a cheap thrill? Are some of these guys putting themselves in this position by looking more for a cheap thrill then a genuine relationship?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:07 PM
dadudemon

I'd probably take Tinder data with a grain of salt when comparing it to relationships. After all, Tinder is catered to the one night stand crowd (unless this has changed?), which likely means people are either being far pickier or far more loose with their choices compared to potential long term relationships.

The opposite is true. Tinder leads to long term relationships more often than the "offline" peers:

quote:
In a report released this week, Tinder conducted two surveys comparing its users with offline daters. (The offline daters fell into three groups: people who have never dated online, people who had dated online in the past but no longer did, and people who had never used online dating but were open to the possibility.)

According to Ms. Carbino, the findings indicate that Tinder users are more likely to be looking for a committed relationship than are offline daters. She said that the surveys revealed that Tinder users were doing a better job than offline daters of signaling “investment in prospective daters” by asking them questions when originally contacting them, and that they are 5 percent more likely to say “I love you” to their partners in the first year of dating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/...ting-study.html

So first I shit on Tinder and now I build it back up. I guess that makes us even?

If any of you old farts want to know more about modern dating, let me know. thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

my bad then. seemed you were alluding to the possibility here:

I meant to imply that it's an obviously biased sample.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:10 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

^^This reeks of bro-sociology, tho
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yes it does, that aside though it's talking about the topic as intended, whether you or I agree with the psychology, which we don't.

What do you guys mean bro-sociology? Women are hypergamous. They almost exclusively date up and across. The average woman is far more likely to believe she can shoot for higher up the ladder than the average men. You can find evidence from multiple sources that are becoming increasingly apparent (Online dating data from Tinder/PoF, data and interviews from college campuses particularly in recent years as desirable women outnumber desirable men, and in the mating behaviour of homo sapiens).

It is even more pronounced on online dating (People can choose to ignore it, but in reality, SM and Online Dating are growing extensively), because the SMV of individuals is reduced to the most of basic traits such as attractiveness, visible immediate monetary success, and social status. On SM a 6 will think she's a 9 tbh, and it's not her fault, a plethora of thirsty dudes over inflate the ego.

This doesn't make women evil any more than a man is a pig for liking a nice pair of ****/ass. We like what we like. If anything it's a GOOD thing on a personal level. As the OP shows, the bar has been so lowered, that you can drown in p*ssy if you have your shit together. On a societal level? Then it comes into question. People are marrying less, divorcing more, men AND women are both unhappier, in particular women (The rate of alcoholism among young women is growing at worrying levels), the rate of single-motherhood has SKYROCKETED to a ridiculous degree, and large number of dudes are retreating from society which is harmful on a economic and a political level (Disenfranchised men are FAR MORE likely to burn the entire system down at a chance of a better life).

Like all things, there is a balance however. Women are driven by status, men are driven by appearance and quantity. This means women are malleable in what attracts them: AKA there aren't any ugly dudes, just broke ones.

But if you're an ugly girl IRL, you're shit out of luck.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:10 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

@ddm

I've never used Tinder and everyone I know who has was for the purpose of a one night stand or a short term f**kbuddy. Everything I've heard/read previously backed this up as well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Edit - in 2017, the young adults, up to 35, only 30% were not using online dating tools.

It's in the article.

So, yes, Tinder is one cross-section of modern young adults' dating habits that matches (pun intended) in multiple ways to its biggest competitor: OKCupid.

And the racist tendencies were replicated in Tinder's userbase, too.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:12 PM
dadudemon

@ddm

I've never used Tinder and everyone I know who has was for the purpose of a one night stand or a short term f**kbuddy. Everything I've heard/read previously backed this up as well.

That's okay. You just associate with trashy people.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:13 PM