KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Trying to reach the widest audience possible, I imagine.

I mean, I would have liked a Jedi Academy-type species/gender selector, but then you don't get the whole "we mocapped all the actors" thing that seemed so important to them.
This is a bad thing. It's not interesting, they're making him look incredibly generic to be as safe as possible with their shitty new cinematic game.

On the real, who gives a shit about the character being mocapped? And if you must mocap them, why not mocap an actor who doesn't look so generic? Basically, I'm saying if they must mocap an actor, why not Jason Momoa?

Anyway, I read spoilers and this game gets a hard pass from me.

This game can suck the shit from my dick. The reason devs are comfortable shoveling out generic by the numbers shit that doesn't try to do anything interesting, innovative, or provocative is that they know they don't need to, and that their decidedly okay game will generate money regardless of the total lack of passion put into the project.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 04:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've seen of the game it's a mixture of Metroid and Sekiro.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 05:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You forgot Uncharted, and maybe some Tomb Raider.

A game that tries so hard to do so many things passably without trying to do one or two things exceptionally is not a game worth playing. For me at least.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 07:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro
This is a bad thing. It's not interesting, they're making him look incredibly generic to be as safe as possible with their shitty new cinematic game.

On the real, who gives a shit about the character being mocapped? And if you must mocap them, why not mocap an actor who doesn't look so generic? Basically, I'm saying if they must mocap an actor, why not Jason Momoa?

This game can suck the shit from my dick. The reason devs are comfortable shoveling out generic by the numbers shit that doesn't try to do anything interesting, innovative, or provocative is that they know they don't need to, and that their decidedly okay game will generate money regardless of the total lack of passion put into the project.

And odds are, the passionate people's ideas keep getting shot down. I heard a story about one dev with great ideas, and the board asks him point blank "The loot boxes on FIFA made us a lot of money. How is this game gonna do that?"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 01:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm still mad the bounty hunter game got cancelled.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 04:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Disagree with a lot of that, but fair enough I guess.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 09:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep, it's a pretty fun game.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 10:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by -Pr-
Disagree with a lot of that, but fair enough I guess.
What do you disagree with?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 12:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You forgot Uncharted, and maybe some Tomb Raider.

A game that tries so hard to do so many things passably without trying to do one or two things exceptionally is not a game worth playing. For me at least.

I haven't got a problem if a game burrows idea's from other games, It's how said game makes use of them.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 01:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Sounds like GTA.

Everything they do can be found better in other games, but they do a lot of things at once.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 04:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like GTA.

Everything they do can be found better in other games, but they do a lot of things at once.

Such as what in regard to GTA?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 05:51 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The opening chapter was very visually impressive. Some of the dialogue was weird, though.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 05:53 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like GTA.

No, far from GTA as you can think of. It's nothing like GTA at all.
It's a Dark Souls lite Tomb Raider game.

From the 10ish hours I played, it seems to be well made.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2019 02:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

It feels kind of like last year's GoW to me.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2019 11:13 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I agree with that. That's a good comparison.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2019 11:53 PM
xPRIMEx

How is the game?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 09:28 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What do you disagree with?

Mostly the lack of passion stuff. And, having now played it, Cal isn't generic. He's ginger. They're like, a dying breed in our world. I can only imagine what it's like in Star Wars.

==

The reason it took so long for me to respond is because I actually wanted to go away and play the game, as I didn't feel like I could argue any more for the game without playing it.

I'm two planets in and:

Story is good. Cal's motivations and situation are decent enough.
Graphics, sound etc are solid enough. I'm playing on PS4 though, so I'm sure the PC version looks better.
Gameplay is... I'm enjoying it. It's tough but fair, and if I'm being honest, I like the whole focus on defense and parries before striking your enemy down. It feels like how a Jedi should actually fight in a way.

Is it derivative? Sure. Am I going to hold that against it? Not any more than I do other games. It executes everything well enough so far, and as a side note: Any comparisons to the Force Unleashed are largely unfair imo. They're both good games that offer something different.

Looking forward to the next time I play it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 01:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

This game is phenomenal.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 06:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This game is basically Star Wars new Tomb Raider game.

And I have no problem with that because it's damn fun. There is a lot of care in it as well. Respawn did a good job and I really hope they have a second chance.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 06:31 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
This game is basically Star Wars new Tomb Raider game.

And I have no problem with that because it's damn fun. There is a lot of care in it as well. Respawn did a good job and I really hope they have a second chance.
For some reason I couldn't get down with Souls combat, but this is really fun to me. -shrugs-

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 10:00 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote