KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Respawn Entertainment's head honcho will be in charge of DICE as well. This'll be interesting.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/03...mpella-dice-la/

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 5th, 2020 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 03:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, only DICE LA. DICE is still based in Sweden.

It's neat that there is a original IP coming from them because they have been a backup studio that works on DLC and etc.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 04:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I really enjoyed this game. Was a bit rough around the edges but still very fun. Combat was solid for the most part, exploration was rewarding. Story was probably the best Star Wars story of the year. Good stuff. Look forward to the inevitable sequel.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 08:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unfortunately I can't play this until I upgrade my PC.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 04:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

When are you going to do that?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 09:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Unfortunately I can't play this until I upgrade my PC.
What rig are you running it on? I'm using a GTX 1050 TI, with an i7 processor and the game is running fine enough.

Of course it lags from time-to-time but it's rare it'll lag during combat.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 09:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
When are you going to do that?

Honestly, 2021 is when I planned lol. I'll post my current specs tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 11:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

How much are you planning on spending, and what components are you looking at?

I just upgraded my PC but I decided to get a gaming laptop instead of a desktop. Really happy with it so far. Performance is very solid and it's nice being able to move it around.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 02:04 AM
ares834

Which one did you get?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 02:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Lenovo Legion Y540. 1660ti, 16 gigs of ram, high end ssd, nice screen. Got it for under a grand around black friday.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 04:59 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So, I finally got to sit down and finish story mode... And I really, really enjoyed it.

This is a really, really good game imo, and I think anyone that enjoyed stuff like TCW or The Mandalorian would get a kick out of it.

The only real complaints I have are that a couple of times the enemies had that same thing Bane in Arkham Origins had where, even if he was charging, his turning circle was still far smaller than it should have been, and I got clobbered. Thankfully, combat in general is more "tough but fair" than cheap, so it didn't spoil any of the fun. And it's really nice to be able to wield a lightsaber that feels powerful, and is animated in such a way that it actually reminds of the swirls and "swishes" of the prequels.

The thing I want to gush about the most though, is the story. It does start off slow, but once it gets going, it really gets going. There's an absolutely brilliant quest that shows you what happened during Order 66, and the final sequence of the game after the final boss? Excellent. I fully plan to do a second playthrough, I just wish there was a new game plus option.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 11:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by -Pr-
So, I finally got to sit down and finish story mode... And I really, really enjoyed it.

This is a really, really good game imo, and I think anyone that enjoyed stuff like TCW or The Mandalorian would get a kick out of it.

The only real complaints I have are that a couple of times the enemies had that same thing Bane in Arkham Origins had where, even if he was charging, his turning circle was still far smaller than it should have been, and I got clobbered. Thankfully, combat in general is more "tough but fair" than cheap, so it didn't spoil any of the fun. And it's really nice to be able to wield a lightsaber that feels powerful, and is animated in such a way that it actually reminds of the swirls and "swishes" of the prequels.

The thing I want to gush about the most though, is the story. It does start off slow, but once it gets going, it really gets going. There's an absolutely brilliant quest that shows you what happened during Order 66, and the final sequence of the game after the final boss? Excellent. I fully plan to do a second playthrough, I just wish there was a new game plus option.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, I just wish there was more.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 11:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Tcjik9jIE

I keep finding reviews like this.

Did I say review? Rants.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 04:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I agree with pretty much everything you said, I just wish there was more.

Same thumb up

Originally posted by cdtm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Tcjik9jIE

I keep finding reviews like this.

Did I say review? Rants.

Mind giving me the cliff notes?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 04:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just a rant about how real fans don't want this and junk.

I hear parrying is big in this game. Is it like Metal Gear Rising?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 06:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Okay, so I watched it. And yeah, the EA stuff isn't wrong. EA are *****. They just happen to be ***** that own the license to like, 3 or 4 of my favourite IPs, and life's too short to not play something I actually enjoy.

As far as his criticisms of the game? He doesn't get to decide what a "real" Star Wars fan is any more than I do, and I'm as old school as they come. Yeah, it borrows from a bunch of other games, while forgetting that when Uncharted came out, people gave it shit for being a Tomb Raider clone. Either hold them all to the same standard, or don't. It's hypocritical otherwise. For me, not everything needs to be new, and at no point does Fallen Order claim to be.

As far as parrying goes, yeah, it's big, but if you (like me) aren't always great at parrying, then blocking and dodging will allow you to finish the story mode at least. And you can tweak the difficulty to allow you to do better too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:34 PM
ares834

It’s like Dark Souls [SPOILER - highlight to read]: but worse.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:39 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Okay, so I watched it. And yeah, the EA stuff isn't wrong. EA are *****. They just happen to be ***** that own the license to like, 3 or 4 of my favourite IPs, and life's too short to not play something I actually enjoy.

As far as his criticisms of the game? He doesn't get to decide what a "real" Star Wars fan is any more than I do, and I'm as old school as they come. Yeah, it borrows from a bunch of other games, while forgetting that when Uncharted came out, people gave it shit for being a Tomb Raider clone. Either hold them all to the same standard, or don't. It's hypocritical otherwise. For me, not everything needs to be new, and at no point does Fallen Order claim to be.

As far as parrying goes, yeah, it's big, but if you (like me) aren't always great at parrying, then blocking and dodging will allow you to finish the story mode at least. And you can tweak the difficulty to allow you to do better too.

Like Dragons Dogma got ripped apart by Eurogamer for being unoriginal.

Lets just ignore the ultra polished mechanics and FUN, because it and Skyrim have giants.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Like Dragons Dogma got ripped apart by Eurogamer for being unoriginal.

Lets just ignore the ultra polished mechanics and FUN, because it and Skyrim have giants.

Fallen Order borrows:

Combat from Sekiro/Dark Souls/Bloodbourne

Wall-running/Traversal from Prince of Persia/Uncharted/Tomb Raider

The concept of back-tracking once you learn a new ability to explore new areas from a ****ton of other games.

But to me, at least, it does it in a way that's enjoyable. I played it primarily for the story and getting to swing a lightsaber, and on those two things, the game does fine imo, albeit with a couple of frustrating moments.

It's definitely one of those "more than the sum of its parts" games, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:51 PM
Jmanghan

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/j...-content-update

I'm so f*cking ready!!!! (That said could we get some subtle and small PvP?...)

Old Post May 7th, 2020 01:13 AM