KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Notre Dame cathedral fire

NDC Burns Down
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
This is sad! 7 36.84%
Heh, take that libtarded France! 2 10.53%
**** you, Robtard! 10 52.63%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Notre Dame cathedral fire
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

I'm very touched by this event, it's devastating to see a place so familiar burnt down, my parents almost lost their house in a fire last year and I had the same kind of sense of loss nagging me all night. I know we will rebuild it and move on but many original pieces are lost for good, which is very hard to accept.

I'm happy that I forced myself to visit this place with the kids early this year. Since it's easter I hope they hold a public mass next to the burnt building or at the chapel exceptionnally. I'm not parisian but phuck, it's hard to watch the place burning sad

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:51 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

No deaths...?

Whatever. I find this caterwauling quite amusing, though.

"Take that mass murderering fascist resource thief France" would be my take.

A prominent Mosque is also burning right Now. Im Sure it's not a retaliation at all...So far I'm enjoying this decline.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 07:23 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by panthergod
No deaths...?

Whatever. I find this caterwauling quite amusing, though.

"Take that mass murderering fascist resource thief France" would be my take.

A prominent Mosque is also burning right Now. Im Sure it's not a retaliation at all...So far I'm enjoying this decline.

I don't have any patience for people who support France's colonialism in any shape or form, but celebrating the destruction of a 800 year old church not shapped by any of the current french abusers is just a blank empty statement of intellectual mediocrity.

We did mourn the destruction of Palmyra. I'm sad that you feel that any kind of historical destruction is a motive of celebration, but more power to you I guess.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 11:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by TempAccount
It's just a church, albeit a very old one.

I remember when I asked Robtard if the life of some crook trying to steal/damage an uber rare 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible (worth 3.5 million USD) was more valuable (meaning was shooting them to protect the car worth it), he said no, "It's just a car".

I guess this is "just a church".

Hell, he'd probably say the same thing for a '55 Jaguar D type which is worth more than 60 million dollars. To Robtard, it's not worth shooting a low-life crook over to protect a piece of history comparable to Notre Dame.

Anyway I remember being far more disturbed when ISIS destroyed ancient Sumerian temples and artifacts a few years ago. Nobody seemed to care about that (far more priceless in my mind given their age)

Anyway my money is on the yellow vest protesters. Doubtful it was just some dude who left a dremel plugged in.

Cos a car has the same historical significance as the building where Napoleon was proclaimed emperor and where Joan of Ark was declared a saint. 👍

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 12:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Cos a car has the same historical significance as the building where Napoleon was proclaimed emperor and where Joan of Ark was declared a saint. 👍

Napoleon was such a little shit...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 01:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
Napoleon was such a little shit...

Brilliant in Time Bandits though.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 01:21 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Napoleon was a jerk and caused a bunch of death and dispair, but he did modernized France and was one of the first european rules to escape the dogma of kingship. Sadly history is full of those ambivalent situations because lasting peace is a relative novelty in modern history.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 01:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"Heh, take that libtarded France!" i'm sure you only meant it as a joke brolly, but was it really necessary? because it sure wasn't funny thumb down

That was my poll. Every view gets a chance to vote, even deplorable ones.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I went to Paris in 2008, but never went into Notre Dame. I don't think we had time.

This is a real shame. sad

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by TempAccount
It's just a church, albeit a very old one.

I remember when I asked Robtard if the life of some crook trying to steal/damage an uber rare 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible (worth 3.5 million USD) was more valuable (meaning was shooting them to protect the car worth it), he said no, "It's just a car".

I guess this is "just a church".

Hell, he'd probably say the same thing for a '55 Jaguar D type which is worth more than 60 million dollars. To Robtard, it's not worth shooting a low-life crook over to protect a piece of history comparable to Notre Dame.

Anyway I remember being far more disturbed when ISIS destroyed ancient Sumerian temples and artifacts a few years ago. Nobody seemed to care about that (far more priceless in my mind given their age)

Anyway my money is on the yellow vest protesters. Doubtful it was just some dude who left a dremel plugged in.

So much wrong, Kurk. So much.

-While lovely cars, your pricing is off still.

-Lives are more important than property generally speaking.

-Not all lives are equally valuable. You > some pedo rapist

-Not all property has the same historical value. 800 year old church with several historical accolades > a very nice car.

-I mentioned the ISIS destroying ancient pre-Islam relics and lamented their loss.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Why the **** did my post disappear?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 05:37 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Seems a mod deleted the off-topic whiny rants of certain posters.

What did you write though?

Update: Seems the building is still structurally sound, so that will make the rebuilding process easier. Fire seems to have started in the attic and is being deemed accidental; not deliberate. All good news, considering.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:07 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Robtard
Seems a mod deleted the off-topic whiny rants of certain posters.

What did you write though?

Update: Seems the building is still structurally sound, so that will make the rebuilding process easier. Fire seems to have started in the attic and is being deemed accidental; not deliberate. All good news, considering.

I wrote about the Libturds in France feeling the Bern. A fair comment, by all accounts.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:10 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I was deleting off topic posts and accidentally deleted yours. My bad.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:12 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Impediment
I was deleting off topic posts and accidentally deleted yours. My bad.

Heh, it’s all good. The post probably deserved to be deleted anyway.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:33 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I don't have any patience for people who support France's colonialism in any shape or form, but celebrating the destruction of a 800 year old church not shapped by any of the current french abusers is just a blank empty statement of intellectual mediocrity.

We did mourn the destruction of Palmyra. I'm sad that you feel that any kind of historical destruction is a motive of celebration, but more power to you I guess.

I'm sure the milleniums worth of child rape victims of the Catholic Church, one of the longest lasting terrorist organizations in history, are just apoplectic at the thought of a building burning. Oh the humanity.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 07:59 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

So much wrong, Kurk. So much.

-While lovely cars, your pricing is off still.

-Lives are more important than property generally speaking.

-Not all lives are equally valuable. You > some pedo rapist

-Not all property has the same historical value. 800 year old church with several historical accolades > a very nice car.

-I mentioned the ISIS destroying ancient pre-Islam relics and lamented their loss.

How are my prices off? I literally just looked up their last selling prices at auction.

Lives are more valuable than property to what extent? Is deadly force justified to stop a potential bomber from detonating the Notre Dame? Worthless property, sure, can easily be replaced but those with historical meaning, like this church or a car that won Le Mans, serve as a relic to be passed down to generations.

D-type jaguar is not "a very nice car" like some contemporary Ferrari. It has historical accolades of its own, hence why it is worth 60 million.

I don't remember the ISIS thing getting the same amount of attention as this fire (which fortunately didn't destroy the church beyond repair), whereas the ISIS turned statues to rubble.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:02 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Just looked, the last time a 55 Jag D sold was for 21.78mil, which set a record. But whatever, irrelevant.

In that scenario, yes, setting off a bomb is very dangerous to others and an act of terror and terrorist should be stopped with lethal force if need be. Killing someone because they want to steal a Plymouth? Not so much.

The 1955 Jag doesn't compare to Notre-Dame in historical accolades and value. Sorry.

I specifically mentioned that ISIS destroying these ancient relics was a very great loss to human history and I was not happy about it. I can only speak for myself.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 16th, 2019 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:20 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:41 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

The 1955 Jag doesn't compare to Notre-Dame in historical accolades and value. Sorry.

wtf not? It's a clear cut representation of how far human engineering had developed for the time.

Notre Dame has what going for it again exactly? Joan of Arc wasn't even real, and Bonaparte was nothing more than your average dictator. The architecture is cool, so what?

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:42 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote