KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Notre Dame cathedral fire

NDC Burns Down
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
This is sad! 7 36.84%
Heh, take that libtarded France! 2 10.53%
**** you, Robtard! 10 52.63%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Notre Dame cathedral fire
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TempAccount
Notre Dame has what going for it again exactly?

Just several hundred years of history, but that can hardly match a car. right?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:46 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
Just several hundred years of history, but that can hardly match a car. right?

Yeah, it's a ridiculous comparison. I would say that, even more so then it's historical significance, Notre Dame is important because of it's cultural significance.

Joan of Arc wasn't even real,

confused

and Bonaparte was nothing more than your average dictator.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 08:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 09:03 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by panthergod
I'm sure the milleniums worth of child rape victims of the Catholic Church, one of the longest lasting terrorist organizations in history, are just apoplectic at the thought of a building burning. Oh the humanity.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 09:05 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

A billion euros raised in 3 days for a building. Imagine that kind of effort to solve real problems.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 11:50 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by panthergod
I'm sure the milleniums worth of child rape victims of the Catholic Church, one of the longest lasting terrorist organizations in history, are just apoplectic at the thought of a building burning. Oh the humanity.

Did we imply somehow that the loss of a building is a worst atrocity than mass rape or crimes of war? You seem to be disingeniously looking for arguments to fit your narrative. Losing pieces of art and monuments is a sheer loss and it's not minimized because there are "bigger loses". That kind of thinking is, again, intellectually dishonest and low hanging.

If you must hate on catholics or french people just accept that you are filled with vile feelings and stop your fake rationality. It has nothing to do with a burning building.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 12:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
A billion euros raised in 3 days for a building. Imagine that kind of effort to solve real problems.

Agreed.

Now, being more realistic it often depends on who choses what constitutes a "real problem" and a "real solution". Overpopulation is a problem. Mass extinction of animals because of human activities is a problem. These are not things that will be solved solely by throwing money at them.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 12:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Bentley
Agreed.

Now, being more realistic it often depends on who choses what constitutes a "real problem" and a "real solution". Overpopulation is a problem. Mass extinction of animals because of human activities is a problem. These are not things that will be solved solely by throwing money at them.

You're not thinking unethically enough. Pay poor third world families to get sterilised. Sorted.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 12:32 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You're not thinking unethically enough.
This sentence brings a smile to my face.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:30 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What do you define as real problems?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:20 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poverty.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:34 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Poverty, homelessness, famine, shell shocked veterans, orphans, education, clean water........All more problematic than a 900 year old building.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 17th, 2019 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

This is one of those instances where you do a double-take: how can something that's been around for so long and had already been through so much ... now? that's it? it's going? Sayonara to 850 yrs?

Thankfully, no.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:58 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Things like how half a billion people live with chronic water scarcity year round and half the planet with it for at least 1 month per year.

The fact the current rate of species extinction is as high as 1000x the natural background extinction rate.

Or that the global sustainability institute is predicting a massive collapse in agricultural productivity within 20 years without massive investment in new technologies and implementation of genetic engineering.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:06 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Impediment
Poverty, homelessness, famine, Shell shocked veterans, orphans, education, clean water........All more problematic than a 900 year old building.

Most if not all of those are already being worked on via government programs and in different communities through people donating their time and money.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:06 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Most if not all of those are already being worked on via government programs and in different communities through people donating their time and money.

There was as much money raised for this building in 3 days as Comic Relief has raised in nearly 30 years.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:10 PM
Silent Master

There was as much money raised for this building in 3 days as Comic Relief has raised in nearly 30 years.

Ok?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:12 PM
Impediment
Endless

Three days versus three decades.

Does it really need to be explained?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I get it, he's upset that other people gave more of their money to something that they care about, rather than what he cares about.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:19 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

SM is a bit slow.

There' also the real fact that one is a cause to restore a building, albeit a historic one and the other is a cause to fight homelessness, starvation and poverty.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote