KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 2019 Greatest Year in History of Fiction

2019 Greatest Year in History of Fiction
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

2019 Greatest Year in History of Fiction

This will be the greatest year in the history of fiction, cinema. Think about all the biggest franchises coming to an end. The MCU is coming to an ending to their first three phases in the biggest collection of films in history.

Game of Thrones is coming to a close after almost a decade. The end of the new Star Wars trilogy. Never will so many huge properties end huge phases that took years to build up to in our lifetimes. This is it. You heard it here first.

smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 10:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

TBH I have found most of it to be pretty forgettable. Yeah I had fun watching it but fill no great desire to go back to it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 12:07 AM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Talon Fang
TBH I have found most of it to be pretty forgettable. Yeah I had fun watching it but fill no great desire to go back to it.
What was forgettable?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 12:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Still got The Mandalorian and whatever GoT spin off they decide on to look forward to. The supposed hiatus for SW movies will last 3 years tops before they announce something then another 2 before they release another movie.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 12:42 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Still got The Mandalorian and whatever GoT spin off they decide on to look forward to. The supposed hiatus for SW movies will last 3 years tops before they announce something then another 2 before they release another movie.
None of it will it end until the money runs dry. I meant major stories that spanned many years.

Star Wars fans ruined the every year thing. Shitty fanbase the Internet crybabies who complain about everything. They got what they wanted.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 02:50 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i wouldn't be at all surprised if Disney announces some more star wars tv shows and possible movies at their own expo in a few months

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I no longer follow GoT nor the MCU but I agree that it's going to be a big year for the fans. This kind of reminds me at the year where the last Harry Potter books were released, it's nice to live through such a milestone.

Obviously for me it's not the greatest year in the history of fiction but it's a very important one for entertainment media so no hate here.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
I no longer follow GoT nor the MCU but I agree that it's going to be a big year for the fans. This kind of reminds me at the year where the last Harry Potter books were released, it's nice to live through such a milestone.

Obviously for me it's not the greatest year in the history of fiction but it's a very important one for entertainment media so no hate here.
How could you not follow either. I am shocked no one else figured out this is the best year in fiction before me. I am truly great.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:15 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by quanchi112
How could you not follow either.

He's French...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's French...
Pitiful country I know but he should strive to be as unfrench as he can be.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 03:20 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Talon Fang

Pretty much. Kinda meh.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:05 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Senor Cage
Pretty much. Kinda meh.
Meh to what?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:07 PM
Dr Will Hatch

2012 and 2015 imo have been the best years for movies this decade.

2012 had the one two punch of The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, as well as a bunch of other great shit like Django Unchained, Wreck It Ralph, The Cabin In The Woods, Les Miserables, The Place Beyond The Pines, etc.

2015 had Mad Max: Fury Road, Inside Out, Sicario, The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, Ant-Man, Jurassic World, etc.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:22 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's true. After all, Joker comes out in 2019. thumb up

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I tried GoT and MCU but got tired of them. Unlike Harry Potter where you could clearly see a massive shift in narratives I think developments on those two universes weren't big improvements.

I still consider them to be somewhat entertaining, but nothing I'd watch in the movies or save myself from spoilers. I'm not really a fan tbh

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 08:31 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Much more excited for GOT than MCU. I do agree most of the movies while entertaining have been forgettable. Infinity War was the first one to really have some emotional weight to it and I think Endgame will as well unless everyone survives. With that said I am excited to see how it all ends and has been awesome seeing the Comics brought to the bog screen

However I do agree with your overall point.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 11:27 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Holy sh_t, the Greatest Year in History of Fiction seems to be overly mediocre so far embarrasment

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 07:04 PM
John Murdoch

The MCU went from pretty good to my favorite fictional franchise from Phase 2-3 onward. The quality on the movies has kept improving to the point where I like many really look forward to each of their titles, with the big dogs (Avengers 1, Infinity War, Endgame, Cap: Winter Soldier, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, GotG 1 & 2) being amongst my favorite films in their respective genre as well as hitting historical filmmaking milestones. Only James Bond is in the same ballpark at this point for me personally, but that's a combo of quality, nostalgia, and Roger Moore's dapperness talking there.

Ready to see how Thrones ends, but I'm just not the biggest fan of these "wow" blockbuster moments taking precedence over character development and a good slow build-up to a massive moment. Last season when they traded a wight for a dragon (the same dragon which was REQUIRED to get through the wall for the Whitewalkers), I just threw in the towel and said I'll just enjoy the ride till it ends. The suspense is about all gone, but I'll see it through.

The Star Wars sequel trilogy is either a love it or hate it thing now after The Last Jedi, but I really like some things about it and loathe things about it more than anything else in the Star Wars franchise. Like Force Awakens, loved Rogue One, was 50/50 on TLJ, but I'm meh on Rise of Skywalker. Cool to have more Star Wars lore, really really really disappointed in the narrative choices Disney and co made.

I was extremely satisfied with Endgame and even DC's Shazam!, so yes, it's a very good year for franchise fiction so far.

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 06:02 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote