KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Uber allows female drivers to block male drivers

Uber allows female drivers to block male drivers
Started by: TempAccount

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

Uber allows female drivers to block male drivers

https://www.businessinsider.com/ube...urce=reddit.com

Apparently they aren't considering this option for male drivers? With the epidemic of false sexual allegations I sure would not want to be driving around high risk female passengers.

Thoughts?

Seems like gender inequality to me.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:45 AM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Uber allows female drivers to block male drivers

Uber allows female drivers to block male passengers. If they could block male drivers then Saudi Arabia would become the national embodiment of a car crash.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:49 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TempAccount
https://www.businessinsider.com/ube...urce=reddit.com

Apparently they aren't considering this option for male drivers? With the epidemic of false sexual allegations I sure would not want to be driving around high risk female passengers.

Thoughts?

Seems like gender inequality to me.

It's not gender inequality, it's so men don't show up and rape and kill these poor women with basically no rights.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:52 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Its SA which is one of the shithole capitals of the world so I imagine there are as many men who wouldn't want a female driver as there are women who don't want male passengers.

If it were anywhere else in the world I'd question why there is no inverse option but the issue here is specifically that many SA men consider women driving to be the sinning equivalent of taking a dump on Mohammad's chest. There is a mortal threat here beyond the generic taxi driver afraid of sexual assault dynamic.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 02:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea which is why this is a good option because Saudi men are dangerous. They will fly off the handle over nothing and kill a woman without thinking twice.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 02:25 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

im gay

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 07:53 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I lived in Saudi in total 6 years. It is not what people think.

https://www.nationmaster.com/countr...ed-States/Crime

Ranked 5th. 714.4
Ranked 9th. 7144 times more than Saudi Arabia
Crime levels 23.41
Ranked 79th. 55.84
Ranked 30th. 2 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Annual cannabis use 0.3%
Ranked 21st. 13.7%
Ranked 1st. 46 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Opiates use 0.01%
Ranked 14th. 0.57%
Ranked 3rd. 57 times more than Saudi Arabia
Justice system > Punishment > Capital punishment (last execution year) 2,014
Ranked 1st. The same as United States 2,014
Ranked 1st.
Murder rate 0.9 5
Robberies 2.9
Ranked 10th. 146.4
Ranked 10th. 50 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes 84,599
Ranked 48th. 11.88 million
Ranked 1st. 140 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes per 1000 3.88
Ranked 71st. 41.29
Ranked 22nd. 11 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Gun crime > Guns per 100 residents 35
Ranked 6th. 88.8
Ranked 1st. 3 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Intentional homicide rate 1.04
Ranked 86th. 4.7
Ranked 7th. 5 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murder rate 265
Ranked 59th. 12,996
Ranked 9th. 49 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murder rate per million people 10.23
Ranked 108th. 42.01
Ranked 43th. 4 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murders 265
Ranked 59th. 12,996
Ranked 9th. 49 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murders per million people 10.23
Ranked 108th. 42.01
Ranked 43th. 4 times more than Saudi Arabia

In terms of crime it is a veritable paradise and certainly much safer tha South London where I am from or cities like Cairo, JBerg and LAgos where I have lived.

That is not to say it is not without problems, but westerners generally have little experience of the Arab culture.

Saudi's are actually generally a mild people in everyday life, driving is awful.
The Country does have a Caste system, Saudi's high ranking Arab nations, high ranking "white" Europeans, Canadians, Aussie, etc and the Americans at top. I define high ranking "White" Europeans as Brits, French etc. Whilst Black Saudi's are seen as equal, any other black person is not. The poorer Arab states and other white Europeans and White South Africans come next with an order. In terms of Local hire a Jordanian costs twice an Egyptian and three times a Pakistani for the same Job. There is a massive Pakistani force keeping the Shia in check. Filipino's come next, then Indians, the Africans.

It is very wrong, as a white Brit, I am almost bullet proof in KSA, as long as I don't commit murder or Rape the worst that will happen is I'll get put on a plane. Even over Saudi's as no Saudi wants a diplomatic incident.

The role of women in KSA is complex, the boys are brought up by their mothers, most Saudi Nationals have money and travel certainly in older generations so mothers rear the boys. The boys have strong links and are mummies boys.

Whilst women have few rights and require permission to travel etc. They are generally safe in households because of the strength of the family network, wife beating happens but probably no more so than in the west.

Which leads to foreign women, If you are a woman with a British or American passport, Saudi's will not knowingly touch you. If you are Sri Lankan say things might be very different.

A Filipino male was raped in the desert near Riyadh about four years ago.

Maids who come to KSA know the score and know that they will be required to service males of age in the household.

Being gay is something which is punishable by death, however unless someone is caught in the act nowhere is safer and men can even hold hands and kiss each others cheeks as friends. Even book a hotel room together.

All correspondence via electronic communication is monitored by the Bahrain GCHQ listening post and the Saudi's themselves. You are not free to speak, but are you anywhere really.

Hope this helps.

Oh and sources

SOURCES: European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control International Statistics on Crime and Justice, 2011; crime; https://www.unodc.org/documents/dat...2011_ebook.pdf, World Drug Report 2011, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), 2011, p. 217.; Wikipedia: List of countries by prevalence of opiates use ("World Drug Report 2011" . United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 2011. "World Drug Report 2006" . United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 2006. http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/...009_eng_web.pdf); Wikipedia: Capital punishment in Europe (Abolition); The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; Annexe I of the Small Arms Survey 2007 ; Wikipedia: List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Source tables; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; UN Office on Drugs and Crime, UN Survey of Crime Trends, at http://www.unodc.org/documents/data...-05012009.pdf.; Wikipedia: Life imprisonment (Summary by country); World Health Organisation.; International Centre for Prison Studies - World Prison Brief; Fifth Annual BSA and IDC Global Software Piracy Study; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; Geneva Graduate Institute of International Studies: Small Arms Survey 2007 Part 2; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); Amnesty International; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); Amnesty International. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 17th, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 09:55 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by TempAccount
With the epidemic of false sexual allegations

Fedorable

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 11:08 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

PB way to junk up the thread.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:36 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I lived in Saudi in total 6 years. It is not what people think...

The Country does have a Caste system, Saudi's high ranking Arab nations, high ranking "white" Europeans, Canadians, Aussie, etc and the Americans at top. I define high ranking "White" Europeans as Brits, French etc. Whilst Black Saudi's are seen as equal, any other black person is not. The poorer Arab states and other white Europeans and White South Africans come next with an order. In terms of Local hire a Jordanian costs twice an Egyptian and three times a Pakistani for the same Job. There is a massive Pakistani force keeping the Shia in check. Filipino's come next, then Indians, the Africans.

It is very wrong, as a white Brit, I am almost bullet proof in KSA, as long as I don't commit murder or Rape the worst that will happen is I'll get put on a plane. Even over Saudi's as no Saudi wants a diplomatic incident.

The role of women in KSA is complex, the boys are brought up by their mothers, most Saudi Nationals have money and travel certainly in older generations so mothers rear the boys. The boys have strong links and are mummies boys.

Whilst women have few rights and require permission to travel etc. They are generally safe in households because of the strength of the family network, wife beating happens but probably no more so than in the west.

Which leads to foreign women, If you are a woman with a British or American passport, Saudi's will not knowingly touch you. If you are Sri Lankan say things might be very different.

A Filipino male was raped in the desert near Riyadh about four years ago.

Maids who come to KSA know the score and know that they will be required to service males of age in the household.

Being gay is something which is punishable by death, however unless someone is caught in the act nowhere is safer and men can even hold hands and kiss each others cheeks as friends. Even book a hotel room together.

All correspondence via electronic communication is monitored by the Bahrain GCHQ listening post and the Saudi's themselves. You are not free to speak, but are you anywhere really.

Hope this helps.
So it's not what I thought it was; its even f*cking worse.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:28 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm okay with this.

I don't see a problem.

If any of you had no problems with bigoted cake-bake guy, then you should have no problems with male-uber-ride-rejections. It's the same concept.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm fine with it too.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:41 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pb your not the only world traveler here. My parents and I also lived in Saudi Arabia. My dad was almost killed twice by Saudi men. They are fcking nuts.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:56 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm okay with this.

I don't see a problem.

If any of you had no problems with bigoted cake-bake guy, then you should have no problems with male-uber-ride-rejections. It's the same concept.

You can’t rely on copy paste statistics to encompass the mindset of Saudis. I hope you are smarter than this.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:57 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personal experience and stats say differently.

Facts are facts.

https://www.nationmaster.com/countr...ed-States/Crime

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:01 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Statistics are not facts.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:01 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Statistics are not facts.
those are numbers per 1000 compared to numbers per 1000 in the US. They are both stats and simple arithmatic. They are numerical facts.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:05 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

If i have more of something and someone has less thats a statistic and a fact.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:06 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You can’t rely on copy paste statistics to encompass the mindset of Saudis. I hope you are smarter than this.

Statistics have nothing at all to do with my point.

Only the freedom to conduct business the way you want is my point. Freedom is far more important than statistics, imo.

If a business wants to discriminate, for whatever reason: let them. I draw the line at forcing thinking on other people. That's not okay to me.

If you want to bring in 1984 Orwellian levels of thought-policing on people, I'm not okay with that. You cannot pick and choose when you apply freedom and when you deny freedom. You either allow it all or be prepared to concede the moving goalposts every time it is brought up.

If you are okay with forcing businesses to offer services to anyone, then you must be prepared to be forced to bake and decorate a cake for a Pedo with Pedo designs on the cake.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Statistics have nothing at all to do with my point.

Only the freedom to conduct business the way you want is my point. Freedom is far more important than statistics, imo.

If a business wants to discriminate, for whatever reason: let them. I draw the line at forcing thinking on other people. That's not okay to me.

If you want to bring in 1984 Orwellian levels of thought-policing on people, I'm not okay with that. You cannot pick and choose when you apply freedom and when you deny freedom. You either allow it all or be prepared to concede the moving goalposts every time it is brought up.

If you are okay with forcing businesses to offer services to anyone, then you must be prepared to be forced to bake and decorate a cake for a Pedo with Pedo designs on the cake.
He's talking to me re the stats mate.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:13 PM