KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gliadiator vs Orion

Gliadiator vs Orion
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

people do know that Gladiator has the strength to hurt Thor level beings right?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:25 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
people do know that Gladiator has the strength to hurt Thor level beings right?

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by zopzop
Wow, that's a great showing for Glads.

Dude, Glads beating a Thor level being H2H convincingly like he did is a great feat.

But we didn’t SEE glads win. How do we know someone didn’t hit bill in the back while he had glads in that choke hold? We don’t. Which is why I don’t really put much stock in that scan. You can if you’d like but I’d have liked to SEE him win.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 02:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

whats funny?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 02:47 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
whats funny?

Thor is street level laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 05:45 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by leonidas
But we didn’t SEE glads win. How do we know someone didn’t hit bill in the back while he had glads in that choke hold? We don’t. Which is why I don’t really put much stock in that scan. You can if you’d like but I’d have liked to SEE him win.

Pretty much this. It's a non-feat imo

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 05:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I wouldn't completely dismiss it.

Bottom line Glads had the upper hand in a team battle that, seemed to have him facing off against Bill for a majority of the time.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 06:11 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Thor is street level laughing out loud

I'd say low meta, we need Stilt's ruling on this. He's the authority as far as anything Thor related

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 06:13 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Because the writer wants us to believe that Glads beat him alone.
This is fiction. You can't make up stuff that the writer didn't blatantly put in to get us to believe something.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:09 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then how did he beat him?

Pure strength? HV? Freeze breath? Speed? Did BRB use everything in his bag of tricks? His full strength?

Can I take BRBs greatest showings, then scale from there?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:14 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by h1a8
Because the writer wants us to believe that Glads beat him alone.
This is fiction. You can't make up stuff that the writer didn't blatantly put in to get us to believe something.

show me glads beating bill. what? you can't? then you're making up the idea that glads beat him byb his lonesome. the last scan we see of the 2 has BILL having the upper hand. but i should automatically believe glads somehow turned it around and beat bill because he was holding his body later? so? did we see glads take out moondragon? did someone else do that while he was fighting bill? off panel is off panel and pretty much useless.

yet I'M making things up. i'm saying we have no idea how bill lost. if anyone is making things up, i'm afraid it's YOU. thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 07:22 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

show me glads beating bill. what? you can't? then you're making up the idea that glads beat him byb his lonesome. the last scan we see of the 2 has BILL having the upper hand. but i should automatically believe glads somehow turned it around and beat bill because he was holding his body later? so? did we see glads take out moondragon? did someone else do that while he was fighting bill? off panel is off panel and pretty much useless.

yet I'M making things up. i'm saying we have no idea how bill lost. if anyone is making things up, i'm afraid it's YOU. thumb up
We don't have any idea how he lost but we know who he lost to. It's called storytelling. Both were fighting one on one. That is what we see and assume is going on UNLESS there is some indication that it changed. It's all about what the writer intended, not what really happened (since none of this stuff actually happened).

Bottomline: writer's intentions are pretty clear. And you are making stuff up.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 10:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Gladiator won. We don't know how, but he did. The idea that he beat Bill into a KO'd state shouldn't be too hard to believe. It's not as if the Scorpion did it. Gladiator certainly has the speed to to let off several thousand punches per minute, which would easily be enough to beat Bill.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Stoic
Gladiator won. We don't know how, but he did. The idea that he beat Bill into a KO'd state shouldn't be too hard to believe. It's not as if the Scorpion did it. Gladiator certainly has the speed to to let off several thousand punches per minute, which would easily be enough to beat Bill.
“several thousand punches per minute” Glads has never shown he can do that. Post one single on panel bit of proof he’s capable of doing that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 05:28 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Whatever happened to the superior speed argument that is so often used around here? Gladiator turns him into a statue, and hits him until he becomes a puddle of blood.

Why would Glads use superior speed?

Still waiting, Stoic.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 06:17 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Why would Glads use superior speed?

Full capacity rule. Why would the Flash use superior speed in a forum battle? Why when he finds out that Grodd is on the loose does he not end things before they begin, when we know that he can? Orion is no Superman.

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 23rd, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 10:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Insane Titan
“several thousand punches per minute” Glads has never shown he can do that. Post one single on panel bit of proof he’s capable of doing that.

The Fantastic Four, and Thor needed a time dilation device just to fight evenly with Gladiator. The very idea that he was able the streak towards Wonder Man shows limb speed. There's your proof right there. And Dark Saint, I'm not Carver. Never forget this. I don't lol at shit.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by h1a8
We don't have any idea how he lost but we know who he lost to. It's called storytelling. Both were fighting one on one. That is what we see and assume is going on UNLESS there is some indication that it changed. It's all about what the writer intended, not what really happened (since none of this stuff actually happened).

Bottomline: writer's intentions are pretty clear. And you are making stuff up.

laughing out loud

prove glads beat bill one on one.

no, we do NOT know who he lost to, or how--at all. the writer's intention was very unclear. we don't even have a clue what role moondragon played, or who beat her. did glads beat her too? huh? storytelling requires me to, you know, tell a story. i'm saying we have no idea how bill--or moondragon--lost. you, and others, otoh, are claiming glads....SOMEHOW beat bill--and seemingly moondragon though we never saw them engage--in a huge team situation. supposing glads didn't have help in that type of scenario seems overly presumptuous. it is possible glads simply beat bill straight up, but we do not know that. you and the others claiming he did like it's a fact? THAT is storytelling. but carry on making sh!t up and misrepresenting a non-feat.
it tends to be what you do. thumb up

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 11:53 AM
DarkSaint85

Full capacity rule. Why would the Flash use superior speed in a forum battle? Why when he finds out that Grodd is on the loose does he not end things before they begin, when we know that he can? Orion is no Superman.

Nice.

Orion is at full capacity too then, right?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 12:40 PM