KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sri Lankan bombings

Sri Lankan bombings
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Of the Islamic persuasion? (Is there any other kind?)
As someone who was blown up in Cairo by Ansar Bayt, a muslim terrorist organisation allied to ISIS at the time and has observed terrorism first hand on a number of occasions, I will state these radicals are as disliked by normal muslims as they are by Christians and Atheists like me.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:59 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Putinbot1
As someone who was blown up in Cairo by Ansar Bayt, a muslim terrorist organisation allied to ISIS at the time and has observed terrorism first hand on a number of occasions, I will state these radicals are as disliked by normal muslims as they are by Christians and Atheists like me.

Possibly more, because they give the religion such a "bad reputation."

But as outsiders looking in, those damn holy books do seem to contain some justification. Allah-forbid anyone talk honestly about that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

But as outsiders looking in, those damn holy books do seem to contain some justification. Allah-forbid anyone talk honestly about that. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Agreed,The weirdest one lately was when Breitbart tried to make the Pastoral murders in Nigeria about Islam Vs. Christianity recently.

https://qz.com/africa/1576853/new-z...stian-killings/

To be clear, the reports on the spate of killings in the region are true (even though it’s typically difficult to verify death tolls in Nigeria). The conflicts have been going on intermittently for nearly three years and occasionally surface in international media. But attributing the attacks solely to religious persecution “is a misunderstanding of the actual problem,” says Cheta Nwanze, head researcher at SBM Intel, a Lagos-based intelligence firm that has analyzed conflict in northern Nigeria over the past three years.

“The pastoral conflict is, in reality, primarily a resource conflict [over land] but because it has gone on for so long it is beginning to metastasize and is taking the coloration of a religious and ethnic conflict where it originally was not,” he says. Amnesty International, in a report last December, also noted the root of the attacks lie in communal and pastoral clashes.

As Quartz Africa has previously reported, these conflicts had overtaken Boko Haram as Nigeria’s biggest internal security problem as of two years ago.

“It appears to be classic “whataboutism”— an age-old Russian propaganda technique that the American right has warmly embraced,” says Matthew Page, associate fellow, Africa Programme, Chatham House. It’s easy to reach that conclusion as right-leaning platforms mainly appear to be reporting the attacks in Nigeria only to point out the lack of coverage in global media in comparison to the New Zealand attack.

Indeed, Breitbart reports that its Rome bureau chief Thomas Williams “describes ‘mainstream media’s’ response to the massacring of Nigerian Christians as ‘silence’ in comparison to its approach towards last Friday’s mass murder of Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand.”

“Presumably they are trying to meet a demand signal from their readership for countervailing narratives that distract from the uptick in white nationalism worldwide that has occurred over the course of Trump’s tenure in office,” Page says.

Chief orwelliANDYstopia
@andyRoidO
Are you all going to pretend you would ever have considered the death of 120 black Nigerians newsworthy, if it did not serve in your mind as a narrative counterpoint the Christchurch story you are uncomfortable with?
Leave us out of your culture war.

Rachel Campos-Duffy

@RCamposDuffy
The media is so dishonest. 120 Christians killed by Muslims in Nigeria this week. Why the blackout on Christian persecution? Both tragedies are newsworthy. https://twitter.com/FreddieMillerJ3...124721550876673

1:26 PM - Mar 18, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
678 people are talking about this
The reports will achieve one thing as they bring increased awareness to the long-running internal security problems which Nigeria’s political leaders have handled poorly to date. But the increased attention is not guaranteed to deliver a change of fortunes in the region.

Indeed, during Nigeria’s president Buhari’s state visit to the US last May, Donald Trump claimed the US will be “working” on the “very serious problem” of murdered Christians in Nigeria. So far though, there’s very little evidence to suggest his statement was followed with action or that it was anything more than a populist play to rally his vast evangelical base.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:21 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet we're also told calling them "islamic terrorists" is bad because it would offend non-terrorist muslims.

I'm not even kidding this is a legit argument that has been made lol.

So if you're a white guy and you're told white men who rape are pieces of dog shit and you yourself aren't a rapist...do you get butthurt over it?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Yet we're also told calling them "islamic terrorists" is bad because it would offend non-terrorist muslims.

I'm not even kidding this is a legit argument that has been made lol.

So if you're a white guy and you're told white men who rape are pieces of dog shit and you yourself aren't a rapist...do you get butthurt over it?

That's an example of the Left eating itself.

Speaking of the Left eating itself, I recently came across this guy trashing Sam Harris for his criticism of Islam and it got on my nerves. He starts out by calling Harris an "a**hole," which is the first red flag that he's not going to be particularly fair. roll eyes (sarcastic) I only watched about the first 1/3 of it, but I noticed some less-than-honest tactics, so I couldn't stomach anymore...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of the Left eating itself, I recently came across this guy trashing Sam Harris for his criticism of Islam and it got on my nerves. He starts out by calling Harris an "a**hole," which is the first red flag that he's not going to be particularly fair. roll eyes (sarcastic) I only watched about the first 1/3 of it, but I noticed some less-than-honest tactics, so I couldn't stomach anymore...

A big problem on the internet is confirmation bias, I think everyone is a victim and a perpetrator. We can all find supporters of our entrenched positions, so we get no real dialogue. Real life is like it too, people rarely change opinions. I think most people don't want to.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A big problem on the internet is confirmation bias, I think everyone is a victim and a perpetrator. We can all find supporters of our entrenched positions, so we get no real dialogue. Real life is like it too, people rarely change opinions. I think most people don't want to.

Oh, yeah. And the other problem with the internet is that you can find just about any opinion to confirm that you want.

For example, my dad has sent me articles from Answers in Genesis trying to dissuade me of my heathen evolutionary ways. Ugh... that site is nauseating.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 12:55 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Steve Shives, The Man Who Blocked The World. A known pissant.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:32 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Steve Shives, The Man Who Blocked The World. A known pissant.

Hm.. what else is he known for? Anything that I should be aware of?

Cause the video is surprisingly well done, he's just intellectually dishonest.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:00 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Hm.. what else is he known for? Anything that I should be aware of?

Cause the video is surprisingly well done, he's just intellectually dishonest.

He's known for blocking anyone who even remotely disagrees with his social justice-y, intersectional identity politics and for making a weird video where his own wife basically berates him for being a white, straight male and liking "problematic" shows like 'Angel'. He looks physically intimidated in said video.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot another one. Steve has himself admitted that if he had the power, he would actively censor people whose opinions differ from his own.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:10 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

He's known for blocking anyone who even remotely disagrees with his social justice-y, intersectional identity politics and for making a weird video where his own wife basically berates him for being a white, straight male and liking "problematic" shows like 'Angel'. He looks physically intimidated in said video.

Okay, that's interesting. Because he did say he would delete certain comments.

If you can provide links when you get a chance I'd be curious.

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:15 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Okay, that's interesting. Because he did say he would delete certain comments.

If you can provide links when you get a chance I'd be curious.

Thanks.

I haven't found the weird video with his wife, but I'll keep looking.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot another one. Steve has himself admitted that if he had the power, he would actively censor people whose opinions differ from his own.

Holy shit. What a douche.

Thanks, I'll check out the videos when I get a chance. thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:35 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, yeah. And the other problem with the internet is that you can find just about any opinion to confirm that you want.

For example, my dad has sent me articles from Answers in Genesis trying to dissuade me of my heathen evolutionary ways. Ugh... that site is nauseating.
Haha, true, at least he has a sense of humour.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:37 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha, true, at least he has a sense of humour.

Oh, no. There's no sense of humor. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian.. heh. sad

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:40 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, no. There's no sense of humor. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian. heh. sad
It becomes clear why you are so strongly against religion now. At least the two of you still get on which is good.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:41 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It becomes clear why you are so strongly against religion now. At least the two of you still get on which is good.

Yeah, we get along. We just don't talk about religion. smile

And unfortunately it seems nothing is going to make my dad lose his faith. Not even the death of his first born (my oldest brother) 13 years ago. Cause of death: suicide, basically brought on by religion.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:49 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, we get along. We just don't talk about religion. smile

And unfortunately it seems nothing is going to make my dad lose his faith. Not even the death of his first born (my oldest brother) 13 years ago. Cause of death: suicide, basically brought on by religion.
Shit, while I can't imagine how painful that was for you all. I can totally see how it would shape your opinions — my sincere condolences.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:51 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Holy shit. What a douche.

Thanks, I'll check out the videos when I get a chance. thumb up

Thing is, he made at least one video in the past where he viciously ripped on Islam. He has of course removed that video since.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:54 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Weird how the left has no problem with people like Sam, and people like Dawkins, when they're criticizing Christianity, that's just them criticizing a set of ideas. But when they criticize Islam... they're hateful bigots.

I think it's because they view Christianity as a set of ideas... but they view Islam as a race for some reason.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:56 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote