KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sri Lankan bombings

Sri Lankan bombings
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weird how the left has no problem with people like Sam, and people like Dawkins, when they're criticizing Christianity, that's just them criticizing a set of ideas. But when they criticize Islam... they're hateful bigots.

I think it's because they view Christianity as a set of ideas... but they view Islam as a race for some reason.
You see DMB, I think religion around the world serves lots of different purposes depending on Culture. I've said it to you before, I'm an atheist but I respect your right to worship.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:58 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Putin Bot
Shit, while I can't imagine how painful that was for you all. I can totally see how it would shape your opinions — my sincere condolences.

Thanks. I know there are probably many who would contend that religion couldn't have possibly been the cause or even a contributing factor (even my own wife among them), but I can assure you it was a big factor. Schizophrenia and religion are basically closely related cousins.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Thing is, he made at least one video in the past where he viciously ripped on Islam. He has of course removed that video since.

Nice.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weird how the left has no problem with people like Sam, and people like Dawkins, when they're criticizing Christianity, that's just them criticizing a set of ideas. But when they criticize Islam... they're hateful bigots.

I think it's because they view Christianity as a set of ideas... but they view Islam as a race for some reason.

Yeah, that's basically it in a nutshell. It's truly odd.

I think this is the famous clip from Bill Maher where Ben Affleck exploded and called Sam Harris racist and Sam Harris said, "Islam is the motherload of bad ideas." He later retracted that and said he should have said, "Islam is a motherload of bad ideas." But of course Steve Shives conveniently left out that last bit.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Well, I was able to find at least a fragment of the video of Steve taking shit from his radfem wife. 2:20 to 4:00 is the relevant bit. Wouldn't we all want a relationship like this?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:38 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I was able to find at least a fragment of the video of Steve taking shit from his radfem wife. 2:20 to 4:00 is the relevant bit. Wouldn't we all want a relationship like this?

Lol this shows the best Shives moment...feeling bad cuz he likes Angel more than Buffy. Pure comedy.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look how triggered Jaden is nowlaughing out loud

He's changed his title to Awful after being racist.laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:44 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of comedy, lol...both Hillary and Obama gave condolence tweets about this that used the phrase "easter worshipers" instead of "Christians".

But...there isn't a religion in existence that actually "worships" easter so this makes no sense. Why can't they say the word "Christian"?

*Checks* He said "Muslim" for christ church and not "mosque worshipers". Weird.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Look how triggered Jaden is nowlaughing out loud

He's changed his title to Awful after being racist.laughing out loud

I did that ages ago. Not very observant, are you?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:45 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Are they still brown though? Cos that matters.

What a racist pos. Your mother should of aborted you.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:48 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, you did that yesterday, but keep lying about it, you dont have any honor anyway.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:49 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You triggered him bad in the GOT thread mate, he has not calmed down since.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:49 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I havent posted in any GOT threads.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:50 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I havent posted in any GOT threads.
It got removed mate along with Jaden's post by Imp. When he triggered you, remember?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:52 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
It got removed mate along with Jaden's post by Imp. When he triggered you, remember?

Remember your 60 and act less mature than your own kids

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We should get back to discussing the deaths of the easter worshipers.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 03:59 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Putinbot1
You see DMB, I think religion around the world serves lots of different purposes depending on Culture. I've said it to you before, I'm an atheist but I respect your right to worship.

Islam is a terrible religion and the world as whole would be better off without it imho.

Unfortunately, I like you, believe that people have the right to worship as they see fit, even if it’s a dirty gym sock or an imaginary man in the sky. But Islam is a particularly violent example of a bad ideology.

I don’t understand why people defend it by saying there are some parts that are positive. If you rip out all the negative aspects of Islam, it becomes a short collection of loosely related moral stories, that parallel existing religions without any of the structures that can bind a society together. You’re better off reading Nietizche.

No religion is perfect obviously, but Islam is objectively speaking, worse, for our modern society.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:07 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Islam is largely based off Judaism and Christianity as Mohammed (peas be upon him) just co-opted most of his ideas. eg Are you unaware of the outright blood-shedding in the Old Testament?

Again, religion is what the individual pulls out of it; you can use it to condemn or you can use it to do good in equal measures.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Islam is Desert Mormonism. I said this months ago and no one listened.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:26 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Islam is largely based off Judaism and Christianity as Mohammed (peas be upon him) just co-opted most of his ideas. eg Are you unaware of the outright blood-shedding in the Old Testament?

Again, religion is what the individual pulls out of it; you can use it to condemn or you can use it to do good in equal measures.

Which religion inflicts the most suffering on the world at the current time?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
Islam is Desert Mormonism. I said this months ago and no one listened.

Oh I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to stab a non-believer in the brain...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:30 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I haven't found the weird video with his wife, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for finding those.

Yeah, sounds like he got pussy-whipped and stopped making sense.

I argue with my wife about certain stuff, for better or for worse for the marriage, heh. Not gonna compromise when it comes to intellectual rigor.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote