KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?

Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?
Started by: TempAccount

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Jokes aside, we kinda are. While vastly better than say even 25 yeras ago, to this day it's very hard for women to become Firefighters (as an example) and not just because of the physical requirements, the ones that do make it still get shit on by the old school "boys club" mentality.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
This is actually a pretty valid point but your take on feminist speech and media somewhat diverts from the interesting flaw in the rethoric you hear. Construction workers, electricians and plumbers being manual labor makes it a potentially appealing job for working class women, but those are the demographics that integrate sexism into their social interactions the most. The problem here is most poor women wouldn't consider this kind of job and would actually be somewhat rejected at it. You don't hear about this issues because your media doesn't want to face the harsh reality of the working class. It's a fair pretty feminist argument to make.

But I'm sure your actual goal was to justify that women won't engage into manual labor that happens on site because they'd feel threatened, as the US is a huge rape culture.

Not the cable media, in any event.

Who are (To beat a dead horse) all purely profit driven businesses that actively distort messages for their own ends.

One example of this is the old canard "A corporations ONLY concern is to shareholder value." This is a distortion of the original message, as claimed by the originator of said message.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:34 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
WHY AM I SO UNABLE TO JOKE IN THIS SUBFORUM!!?

Because some people here are dumb enough to believe we actually are a rape culture. Just watch, some dipshit will not be able to help himself from arguing we are. There's always one.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Jokes aside, we kinda are. While vastly better than say even 25 yeras ago, to this day it's very hard for women to become Firefighters (as an example) and not just because of the physical requirements, the ones that do make it still get shit on by the old school "boys club" mentality.

Lol

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
We're not a rape culture though.

I wouldn't even rape you.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:02 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I wouldn't even rape you.

Reported for threatening to rape me.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:03 PM
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

As someone who has worked in similar EMS station environments, I can tell you that's not true. All the female partners I worked with were dominating and had the personality to make it through emotionally draining work.

Boys club mentality does not exist outside of 4th grade.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:03 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Re: Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?

Originally posted by TempAccount
"Equality in the Workforce , Equality in STEM!" - Most Feminists.

But I have a question. Why do feminists want equality in the workforce, but only high paying jobs?

Is it possible you simply tacked that stipulation on yourself?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:30 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some feminists legit claim feminism is about helping men too, cuz equality helps men.

So why don't they wanna take on 50% of the burden when it comes to construction or picking up garbage?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:38 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know an excellent female civil engineer and an excellent female electrician. In fact the electrician one is able to get into loft spaces most average sized men would struggle in. She has her own business in Sussex in the UK and coins it in.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:42 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Boys club mentality does not exist outside of 4th grade.

Oh my, dear boy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Re: Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?

"Equality in the Workforce, Equality in STEM!" - Most Feminists.

But I have a question. Why do feminists want equality in the workforce, but only high paying jobs?

98.7% of construction workers are male and the average salary is $27,750! These people do good and hard work that is necessary to our society but somehow women aren't getting all angry about the disparity of women to men.

If this isn't proof they don't want equality, I don't know what is. "We only want equality if it's good for us." "Lets leave the men for the low paying jobs and the dirty work while we discriminate against them in STEM fields!"

I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields.

It goes to show it really is a selfish movement.

Why is gender inequality so high for plumbers, truck drivers, electricians, mechanics, power plant operators, etc?
maybe u dont seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields because ur not looking.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazin...wdZK/story.html

"A local movement is paving the way for female electricians, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, and more."

"Moir says the rising number of female electricians, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, insulators, and sheet-metal workers on jobs here — many of them women of color — shows “there’s something special about what’s going on in Boston and Massachusetts.”

"It didn’t happen by accident. Instead, it’s the direct result of an effort hatched eight years ago by a group of local women with deep ties to the construction industry. Frustrated by the slow pace, they decided to change the composition of Massachusetts construction by working from the inside."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:46 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh my, dear boy.
I didn't want to look at that post Rob, it's one of Kurk's finest. In some ways he truly is Gustavo Fring.

Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know an excellent female civil engineer and an excellent female electrician. In fact the electrician one is able to get into loft spaces most average sized men would struggle in. She has her own business in Sussex in the UK and coins it in.

Smart women.

Trades are the way to go.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22
maybe u dont seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields because ur not looking.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazin...wdZK/story.html

"A local movement is paving the way for female electricians, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, and more."

"Moir says the rising number of female electricians, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, insulators, and sheet-metal workers on jobs here — many of them women of color — shows “there’s something special about what’s going on in Boston and Massachusetts.”

"It didn’t happen by accident. Instead, it’s the direct result of an effort hatched eight years ago by a group of local women with deep ties to the construction industry. Frustrated by the slow pace, they decided to change the composition of Massachusetts construction by working from the inside."

So a local movement in Boston means...what?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:47 PM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Surtur
So a local movement in Boston means...what?
i try to be patient with u surt i really do.

It means that this part of his op-

"I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Is probably because he's not looking.

Just like i said in the post u quoted. What part are u confused about?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:51 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Smart women.

Trades are the way to go.
She's fit too. laughing out loud I'd hold her ladder.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:51 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I tried that but it leads to constant dissapointment.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Is probably because he's not looking.

Just like i said in the post u quoted. What part are u confused about?

Ah okay, so you took him 100% literally to mean literally nobody in the history of time and space made the argument.

Neat, I didn't, but you did. Good to know.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:53 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suspect Surt is getting Snarky with Rap for being called out. Same old same old, thank **** for ignore.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 09:55 PM