KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?

Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?
Started by: TempAccount

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I really just have no interest in what someone with no job, no education, no gf/wife, no property has to say on society when they aren't part of it. I know it seems harsh but, what's he done and where's he travelled? The guy's on disability and moans about people being given things. It makes me sad reading his posts and aggression to a world he will never know or be part of.

^Says this, but comments every single time one of his pals quotes me and continually asks about me. Lol...but he has no interest.

Top notch comedy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, I've triggered Surt again...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He legit proved me right within 30 seconds lol.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I really just have no interest in what someone with no job, no education, no gf/wife, no property has to say on society when they aren't part of it. I know it seems harsh but, what's he done and where's he travelled? The guy's on disability and moans about people being given things. It makes me sad reading his posts and aggression to a world he will never know or be part of.
So you might as well put me on ignore as well then as I come close to lacking all those things as well smile

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:24 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope he is O.K. Poor guy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:24 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TempAccount
So you might as well put me on ignore as well then as I come close to lacking all those things as well smile
Yeah, but you are funny rather than angry at the world and Kurk, I still have hope for you.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TempAccount

Just go through recent threads...he legit comments every time someone quotes me. He has mentioned multiple times in this thread.

EDIT: See his above post lol. He's legit praised me for being funny in the past. Say something to trigger him and he'll dub you "angry" too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:26 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Something's getting to Surt. Hope he chills.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keep proving me right

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:32 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol those behind the restaurant have not said why. So we don't know if the place failed cuz of their sexism specifically.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4632...sing-ashe-schow

Okay so I punched the name of their cafe "handsomer her" cafe into a search engine

ok from experience tripadvisor reviews are accurate.

yes there are fake reviews planted here and there by proprieters, employees & their affiliates.

But you get that everywhere these days (well almost everywhere).

A lot of horrible places do earn genuine glowing reviews... Even the worst place can manage to serve a cold drink in a clean glass real fast to someone about to pass out from thirst on a good day.

Reviewed today
They discriminate against Trans women too!!!

I was born a biological man in 1997, but identified as a woman as of 2001. I'm from France and made the stop into this cafe last summer (winter in Australia) while on a trip with my partner.

I was immediately asked "man or woman" by the waitress. I explained that I was biologically a man, but identified as a woman. That must have been enough to charge me extra I guess.

This tells me they are not tolerant of transgender women, and only care what's between my legs. When I asked the waitress why I was charged extra, she said because I told her I was born a male. I explained to her that I identified as female, but she said it was policy to charge all males more.

This left me a little bit distraught, as everyone around me has accepted my life choices, but this cafe decided to ignore it.

I will not be going back if I find myself there again.
Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed yesterday
Dirty, Bitter staff

As others mentioned it seems like the management trawled homeless ghettos for their staff and then did not pay them enough to afford soap or razors. Some time ago now, but my "waitress" genuinely smelled when i visited there.
Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed yesterday
Get woke, go broke

Went there to see what the hype was all about. The conditions were dirty and unclean. The people working there looked like they hadn't had a wash in days. The food was overpriced for what you got and the plate presentation was sloppy.
Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed yesterday via mobile
Illegal and immoral businesses practices

If you're drinking something. Or eating something. Put it down before you read this one

A terrible cafe that has no respect for either equality or the law, with horrible staff that I swear the owner had to scour the scum of the earth to find. Spend half an hour trying to get a waitress to come over and when they finally showed up they told me I'd have to wait because I was a "cis gendered white man" and there were women who needed to be served first. According to the waitress I'd have to wait until ALL women in the shop were served before they'd take my order, even those who came in after me. I left at that moment and will never return.
Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile
Really bad service.

I identify as a woman but they made me pay more because i 'look like a man'. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Sexism against anyone is bad. ..
Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile
I thought we were past segregation?

What a disgrace that in 2019 in Australia we allow a restaurant to discriminate against a group of people based on something they cannot change.
I went to handsome her with 3 girls who are close friends (I’m a male) and was spoken to like a second class citizen, the attitude and demeanour of the employees is abhorrent.
The food wasn’t bad, the coffee was terrible but the attitudes are disgusting, I was spoken down and made to feel like garbage.
Myself and the ladies all agreed this is promoting discrimination and against what we believe in which is equality.
What a joke, avoid at all costs there is much better around.
Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 March 2019
Needs to be trans friendly!

Great service, atmosphere and food, however, for a place that is purportedly feminist, I wish they'd celebrate trans women. All of their menu items are named after women, but none are named after trans women. Feminism in 2019 needs to be intersectional! Until I know this place is trans friendly, I'd feel uncomfortable about returning, and definitely wouldn't bring my trans friends there.
Date of visit: February 2019

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU..._Victoria.html#

This Last One From Page 2 At Current Time

I Think This One Needs It's Own Thread Really.

Reviewed 6 March 2019
Discrimination

Handsome Her is a feminist cafe that seemed like the most inclusive place to grab a drink and good meal for a feminist woman who loves women like me. At first glance I thought it was my dream coffee place, being openly feminist, eco-friendly with an all vegan menu and a lesbian owner who has implemented a man tax. I went there countless times with many different people and recommended the place to a wide variety of friends, including male allies.
Last Sunday they were hosting a queer party for the Sydney Rd festival and I went there with a bunch of friends, amongst which was my partner of two years, who is a woman, her girlfriend and a queer boy I am currently dating, as we are all polyamorous. I was making out on the dance floor with a woman I met there, along with my gender non-conforming date when the owner of the place came to us and said that this is a place for gay people. She looked at him and then at me and shamed us publicly. Such overt discrimination was very confronting for both of us as this was a queer event, not an only lesbians one; it sounded like queers and bisexuals were not welcome. It saddens me to see how a place I thought was inclusive and progressive could turn out to be as radical and rejecting of diversity as most places are.
Date of visit: March 2019

Last edited by shiv on Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 11:25 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

"Handsome Her is a feminist cafe that seemed like the most inclusive place to grab a drink and good meal for a feminist woman who loves women like me. At first glance I thought it was my dream coffee place, being openly feminist, eco-friendly with an all vegan menu and a lesbian owner who has implemented a man tax. I went there countless times with many different people and recommended the place to a wide variety of friends, including male allies.
Last Sunday they were hosting a queer party for the Sydney Rd festival and I went there with a bunch of friends, amongst which was my partner of two years, who is a woman, her girlfriend and a queer boy I am currently dating, as we are all polyamorous. I was making out on the dance floor with a woman I met there, along with my gender non-conforming date when the owner of the place came to us and said that this is a place for gay people. She looked at him and then at me and shamed us publicly. Such overt discrimination was very confronting for both of us as this was a queer event, not an only lesbians one; it sounded like queers and bisexuals were not welcome. It saddens me to see how a place I thought was inclusive and progressive could turn out to be as radical and rejecting of diversity as most places are.
Date of visit: March 2019
"

Hahahah what in the holy hell is wrong with people. The more I learn about people and history, the more I understand why every contemporary society that exists has strong underpinnings in religious institutions that heavily limit excesses of man (Even though most of them go way too far).

I'm agnostic and believe religion is unnecessary (Philosophy and self-reflection are satisfactory), but goddamn, people really do have a tendency to take things to the extreme.

But whatever, who am I to judge. Consenting adults can do whatever they want and this shit is a phase for most people.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:04 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Holy shit, this stuff is beyond retarded. On the other hand, places like this “Handsome Her” cafe are run by people who are to SJWs what SJWs are to normal people. Incredibly stupid, but highly uncommon.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 04:44 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Holy shit, this stuff is beyond retarded. On the other hand, places like this “Handsome Her” cafe are run by people who are to SJWs what SJWs are to normal people. Incredibly stupid, but highly uncommon.

Just imagine the fit people would be throwing if this was men saying they were gonna charge women more lol.

Reminds me of the recent university that held a "no whites allowed" inclusivity meeting.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 11:20 AM