KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Dems think felons should be able to vote...

Dems think felons should be able to vote...
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
More than one retard running for president in 2020 has said they're open to a "discussion" about people in jail voting. Harris and Warren come to mind.

Deal with it.

Pretty sure Sanders has said he's in favor of it as well.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 08:44 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob probably thinks a candidate "willing to have a discussion" about slave reparations is "sensible" as well lol.

But someone "willing to have a discussion" about building a wall or making abortions illegal? Nah... that's not sensible at all, right robbie?

So, in effect, robbie thinks it's "sensible" for someone "willing to have a discussion" about policies he agrees with but those he doesn't agree with? Well that's just "hate speech" of course and that person needs to be shut-up. And yet those people on his side (the left) continues to call those of us on my side the "fascists." lol

Oh, the irony.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 24th, 2019 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 08:49 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Being open to discussion is sensible, what if despite your strong stance on something, the other person has a solid argument. Do better for yourself, be less angry with your life, Surt.
Is Surt angry again, funny stuff!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 08:57 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Being open to discussion is sensible, what if despite your strong stance on something, the other person has a solid argument. Do better for yourself, be less angry with your life, Surt.

I'll allow you a do-over for this response. I'd suggest you take it.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 24th, 2019 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

I really don't understand what the logic behind not letting them vote is... So yes I support this
I wonder if convicted felons should be given the right to obtain firearms. After all that is also a right...
yes but allowing them to have guns runs an obvious risk... where as letting them vote does not.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:52 AM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll allow you a do-over for this response. I'd suggest you take it.

Good dodge.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:23 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Rob probably thinks a candidate "willing to have a discussion" about slave reparations is "sensible" as well lol.

But someone "willing to have a discussion" about building a wall or making abortions illegal? Nah... that's not sensible at all, right robbie?

So, in effect, robbie thinks it's "sensible" for someone "willing to have a discussion" about policies he agrees with but those he doesn't agree with? Well that's just "hate speech" of course and that person needs to be shut-up. And yet those people on his side (the left) continues to call those of us on my side the "fascists." lol

Oh, the irony.

I'm liking you less and less as time goes on. You're becoming quite the toxic shitposter.

If you have to strawman someone's position so terribly like this, you should realize you have a terrible point.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by mike brown
I really don't understand what the logic behind not letting them vote is... So yes I support this
yes but allowing them to have guns runs an obvious risk... where as letting them vote does not.

You don't see the issue people have with those who've committed rape voting again? It's really not that hard to understand. People who've committed a crime like rape or child molestion don't exactly have good judgment so it worries me what kind of policies they might be in favor of voting for or voting against.

Suppose some politician came along and said something radical like child molestation and pedophilia should no longer be considered a crime (I know it's an extreme example but considering how radical many of the policies dems are pushing in the current time it wouldn't surprise me if eventually someone said that) how do you think a former child molester would vote on that issue? Most likely they'd vote for it right?

Another hypothetical example: suppose a candidate said "I think all of those who deny climate change should be put to death because they're endangering our planet." Well, how would an ex-convict who has killed someone and is a strong believer in climate change feel about killing someone for what is a just cause in their mind? It's likely they wouldn't feel as nearly disturbed by this suggestion as someone who has never killed someone who thinks the value of human life is priceless & should not be taken under any circumstances except perhaps in self-defense. To the convicted murderer though, human life doesn't mean nearly as much. It's likely he or she just views human beings as animals (or "highly-evolved" monkeys).

I could give several other hypothetical examples but I believe you get the point.

The right to bear arms is a much more important right than the right to vote by the way. Our 2nd amendment right protects all of our other rights and should really be the first amendment, imo.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 25th, 2019 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:32 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't surprise me though at all that many democrats want the option for convicted felons to vote. They need to scrounge together all the votes they can in order to have a chance in Hell against Donald Trump in 2020. That's why they are in favor of wide-open borders as well. They wanna increase their votes and their voting blocks. It's about power. Always has been, always will be.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:39 AM
NemeBro

It doesn't surprise me though at all that many democrats want the option for convicted felons to vote. They need to scrounge together all the votes they can in order to have a chance in Hell against Donald Trump in 2020. That's why they are in favor of wide-open borders as well. They wanna increase their votes and their voting blocks. It's about power. Always has been, always will be.
One could by the same token say that it isn't surprising at all that Republicans want to deprive convicted felons the right to vote, since they want to block off any voters that could support the Democrats and overturn their own power base.

What does it matter though? It has nothing to do with whether or not it is the right thing to do or not. It's a diversionary argument, an appeal to motive you're using to obfuscate your own refusal or inability to argue in opposition to the movement.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

You don't see the issue people have with those who've committed rape voting again? It's really not that hard to understand. People who've committed a crime like rape or child molestion don't exactly have good judgment so it worries me what kind of policies they might be in favor of voting for or voting against.

Suppose some politician came along and said something radical like child molestation and pedophilia should no longer be considered a crime (I know it's an extreme example but considering how radical many of the policies dems are pushing in the current time it wouldn't surprise me if eventually someone said that) how do you think a former child molester would vote on that issue? Most likely they'd vote for it right?

Another hypothetical example: suppose a candidate said "I think all of those who deny climate change should be put to death because they're endangering our planet." Well, how would an ex-convict who has killed someone and is a strong believer in climate change feel about killing someone for what is a just cause in their mind? It's likely they wouldn't feel as nearly disturbed by this suggestion as someone who has never killed someone who thinks the value of human life is priceless & should not be taken under any circumstances except perhaps in self-defense. To the convicted murderer though, human life doesn't mean nearly as much. It's likely he or she just views human beings as animals (or "highly-evolved" monkeys).

I could give several other hypothetical examples but I believe you get the point.

The right to bear arms is a much more important right than the right to vote by the way. Our 2nd amendment right protects all of our other rights and should really be the first amendment, imo.
these examples are all ridiculously far fetched and paranoid. It also ignores the fact that the rest of society would have to go along with such nonsense. It's a piss poor reason to deny them the right to vote. Voting is actually rather benign and fairly useless on an individual basis in most cases... But if they want to vote they should be able to do so. Where as there's a clear risk to letting violent criminals own guns... Though I do think that not all felons should have their gun rights revoked only violent ones for the same obvious reason you strip habitual drunk drivers of their ability to get a driver's licence.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 10:31 AM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

White supremacist executed for killing black man by dragging him behind truck

Now see I'm glad this guy was executed, but democrats should be upset...I mean, now that he is dead he can never ever vote. He has been stripped of this right and that is awful.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 11:33 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

Nobody is saying people in prison should vote. Once your time is served your rights should be restored.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nobody is saying people in prison should vote. Once your time is served your rights should be restored.

Lol uh no some people are saying *exactly* that. Bernie Sanders is one. AOC is another. More than one other dem running for president was open to "discussing" it. One was Kamala Harris(same woman who wants to criminalize folk for paying for sex, but not the hookers)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:31 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://theweek.com/articles/837475...ote-from-prison

You were saying?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:32 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

these examples are all ridiculously far fetched and paranoid. It also ignores the fact that the rest of society would have to go along with such nonsense. It's a piss poor reason to deny them the right to vote. Voting is actually rather benign and fairly useless on an individual basis in most cases... But if they want to vote they should be able to do so. Where as there's a clear risk to letting violent criminals own guns... Though I do think that not all felons should have their gun rights revoked only violent ones for the same obvious reason you strip habitual drunk drivers of their ability to get a driver's licence.

You know, two decades ago I bet people would've accused people who thought that some candidate might introduce the idea of slave reparations or the idea that mislabelling someone's gender should be a crime, or of the idea of killing babies even after they've been born, or the idea that making it mandatory for voter id to vote is somehow "racist" were all being paranoid yet here we are today and every single one of those things I mentioned above has either already happened or are currently being pushed by certain democrats. So no, it isn't nearly as "far-fetched" as you may think Mike.

I could list many more examples of policies people either are pushing today or have already been passed that would be considered "far-fetched" to someone just two decades ago. Just search for the interview Bill Nye had from not that long ago where the interviewer asked him "Do you think those who don't believe in climate change should be charged with a crime and imprisoned?". Bill Nye's response stunned the interviewer. It was from several years ago so I don't remember the exact question but it was something very similar to that above.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 25th, 2019 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:58 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

You seem to think that just because someone has served their time that they have automatically gotten whatever caused them psychologically to committ their crime out of their system and wouldn't do it again. Yet how many people who are in prison are repeat offenders?

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 25th, 2019 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:05 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You seem to think that just because someone has served their time that they have automatically gotten whatever caused them psychologically to committ their crime out of their system and wouldn't do it again. Yet how many people who are in prison are repeat offenders?
roll eyes (sarcastic) no Oh Star.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
https://theweek.com/articles/837475...ote-from-prison

You were saying?
I stand corrected then. I don't think we need to allow inmates to vote. I do think we should allow ex cons to vote.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:56 PM
mike brown

You know, two decades ago I bet people would've accused people who thought that some candidate might introduce the idea of slave reparations or the idea that mislabelling someone's gender should be a crime, or of the idea of killing babies even after they've been born, or the idea that making it mandatory for voter id to vote is somehow "racist" were all being paranoid yet here we are today and every single one of those things I mentioned above has either already happened or are currently being pushed by certain democrats. So no, it isn't nearly as "far-fetched" as you may think Mike.

I could list many more examples of policies people either are pushing today or have already been passed that would be considered "far-fetched" to someone just two decades ago. Just search for the interview Bill Nye had from not that long ago where the interviewer asked him "Do you think those who don't believe in climate change should be charged with a crime and imprisoned?". Bill Nye's response stunned the interviewer. It was from several years ago so I don't remember the exact question but it was something very similar to that above.
so strip them off their right to vote cause you think they might have crazy beliefs? You don't see this as an anti free speech stance?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:57 PM